LearnUTAU Contributors update

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
not gonna stick it in community news
Another Yuletide release, eh?
The site itself is fine, but the release video came out coughing
Trailer:
also I mistyped it as Creators Update the first time but
uhh

LearnUTAU

Contribute pages

So what's this about?

LearnUTAU, thanks to the help of @Thehyami working the technical stuff, now has an on-site article writer (henceforth named Quickwrite) that allows you to quickly bang out some text, hit a button and receive it as a complete formatted HTML, skipping all the technical work of manually typing the HTML elements out or downloading an HTML editor.
I also finally updated the contribute pages to begin with to the newer templates, so now, carrying out site-wide updates should be easier.

Quickwrite:​

An editor powered by TinyMCE and worked on by Hyami to support the sites styling, that allows the end-user to type out text and have everything auto-formatted as the end-user hits the Download page button.
While it doesn't support images, I put a (hopefully understandable) HTML image embedding tutorial which I highly suggest you follow, or you can use a WYSIWYG editor, a list of (currently) 4 is in the normal Contribute pages.

Contribute pages:​

Replaced all content. A lot of that was worked on late evenings and in a somewhat worse state of mind, so I rewrote everything to be a bit clearer. Or, as clear as I can be.
Thus, a lot of tutorials was removed. However, the template still contains some old stuff, which is downloadable from the Contribute pages.
After new years, I'll take a look at re-introducing some of the old stuff.

Removed the style switcher​

I think it's better to just have one consistent and pleasant style.

What's LearnUTAU?

Take one look at LearnMMD and you'll know. In short, it's another tutorial site, but it's something everyone can help contribute to, granted they follow the rules I set out.
Video tutorials are often too slow, when they could be faster, also rip those with poor internet connection
Discord and other chat apps require the end-user to register, which is bad for privacy, and is the UTMOST. TERRIBLE. FORM. OF. STORING. INFORMATION. due to the constant flow.
Forums oft suffer from a lesser form of constant information flow as Discord does, making it a bit more difficult to find what you need.

LearnUTAU only requires reading comprehension, knowledge of the english language, and an internet connection. But it lacks content. Which is where you guys come in.

Why should I contribute?​

Why shouldn't you?
The less searches and clicks used to find the information one needs, the quicker people can start and re-start working on their projects. Contributing to this project could very well make the learning curve more gentle, making for more content and whatnot. I'm not some impossibly stubborn goat on this project, so I'm open to suggestions if they're not something as "use this CMS instead of the manual system" or "insert [CURRENT_POLITICAL_THING] now!"

The site might be technically static, but the guy who runs it is dynamic enough. If you have revisions, just message me. If you have a nice site style or some re-formatting of some pages, just put it in an e-mail. If you're wondering about anything at all, I'm available to talk about it 90% of the time, I'm not some unapproachable quidsniffer, I genuinely want to provide the UTAU community with some
e f f i c i e n c y

So come on, bypass the bystander effect, and help out the entire UTAU community!*

*Of those that can speak english. Capability for translations comes in the Yuletide 2025 Polyglot update

Reactions: Thehyami

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you don't mind me bumping it a bit, I will.
And
Could someone tell me why people aren't contributing? Or if they are, tell me if they are?