Look what's killing youtube

TJ Studio

Teto's Territory
(If this is in the wrong topic, plz move it somewhere else)

4bc46f075b25a6f1cc2d9e8ac76a5ade.png

https://vid.me/

What is vidme?
Vidme is like a hybrid of Reddit and youtube. But instead, you can tip people's videos for their work, or you can earn tips from your videos. Or you can subscribe people for just a few dollars (Or $1 for your channel if you want) for a month.

Wait, why is vidme killing youtube?

Youtube is great, good videos. All that stuff, but youtube decided to put a censorship on the youtube monetization system. And not only that, youtube is removing the monetization feature for small channels

Should you go for vidme? Or youtube?

Honestly, I go both. I like youtube and all that, but videme is also good. But I see that youtube is removing monetization (as I said)for small channels. I don't see the problem with my monetization feature,

Which one do you guys prefer now? Vidme? Or youtube?

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
It seems all well and good for creators, but for watchers with many interests and no money it's lacking. Yes, YouTube has terrible times and right now it sucks for creators, but there are still some advertisers and years worth of content you just can't find anywhere else.

The Adpocalypse sounds like the end and there are sites like this as well as Twitch, Dailymotion, Vimeo and Metacafe. Yet even so, at the end of the day, there are tons more creators and videos on YouTube. It's at the top whether there are valid complaints or not and there's still hope things will cool down. Not to mention it has a much bigger audience.

As a creator I'd use both, but as a casual viewer I stick to YouTube.

(Also I'm on mobile so I can't say much, but the layout kinda bothers me. I don't like how the search bar searches as soon as you pause and there's hardly any Vocaloid songs on there. It's nice to know I have another place to tip creators I love, but still. Hopefully YT gets better.)

Skiyoshi 十三

Lotus#12915
Defender of Defoko
I'd definitely just use it as a side video site right now. I'm rather impressed at the stats about "Over 25 million people use Vidme every month to upload and watch videos". I wouldn't say it'll kill it off, or dethrone its place, but it's nice to see a competitor to YT. I know there's other video sites, but they just never clicked for me. Maybe I could upload some covers that normally would get instant blocked in America on there instead.

What is your vidme channel?

Reactions: Nohkara and SOHBlue

TJ Studio

Teto's Territory
I'd definitely just use it as a side video site right now. I'm rather impressed at the stats about "Over 25 million people use Vidme every month to upload and watch videos". I wouldn't say it'll kill it off, or dethrone its place, but it's nice to see a competitor to YT. I know there's other video sites, but they just never clicked for me. Maybe I could upload some covers that normally would get instant blocked in America on there instead.

What is your vidme channel?
Here's the link to it!
Now keep in mind, I'm new to vidme
https:// vid. me / TJ_Studio
(Remove the spaces! I tried editing it by putting a link, but it won't seem to put a link and puts it in media instead