My first major video!

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
Hey guys! Haven't been around for a while sorry -_-

Soooo I've gotten into video editing and in my absence I gained a Mac Pro and a copy of Final Cut Pro X! Since then
I have been learning how to use it and recently I got my first big chance to show stuff off!

Gonna just cut 'n paste the description of the video because I'm lazy at typing:

(THERE ARE BLOOPERS AFTER THE CREDITS)

Every year we have a "tradition" that the juniors plan out the "spring banquet" (prom), and the theme for it is always
a surprise for the seniors. In this video that parody's "The Office" we all pretended to be each of the Seniors and act
out a normal school day full of inside jokes. In the end, the prom theme is revealed.

The music used in intro and credits is the theme of "The Office."

(Video was made using Final Cut Pro X)

So without further ado, here's the video!
[media][/media]

So here's some questions:
1) How well do you think it was made?
2) Anything I could've done better?
3) Even though it mostly consists of inside jokes, did you find anything funny?
4) Can you guess who I am? :}

Reactions: Jeffrey

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
1) It's kinda good. If you just got the Mac and the Final Cut thingy, you'll get even better over time. (equipment used for the whole thing?)
2.a)You could use a tripod to steady and straighten the camera or have a steady hand,
2.b)Study camera views to apply in moviemaking,
2.c)Transitioning (video, audio, and script), I sometimes got lost as to what's happening.
3)The jokes are of the same degree as my rival-classmate (they're good, I just have a different style of humor)
4)That's for others to know. :wink:
If I got too harsh here, please forgive me.

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
1) It's kinda good. If you just got the Mac and the Final Cut thingy, you'll get even better over time. (equipment used for the whole thing?)
2.a)You could use a tripod to steady and straighten the camera or have a steady hand,
2.b)Study camera views to apply in moviemaking,
2.c)Transitioning (video, audio, and script), I sometimes got lost as to what's happening.
3)The jokes are of the same degree as my rival-classmate (they're good, I just have a different style of humor)
4)That's for others to know. :wink:
If I got too harsh here, please forgive me.
I'll be honest, I didn't do any of the filming and the ones where I did film I had a tripod. We didn't have a rolling tripod though so in the scenes where we needed it to move it was awkward.

And the reasons we didn't use any transitions is because it was meant to be like an episode of the office with little to no music and plain stuff.

Reactions: Jeffrey