Need help converting Romanji to Hirigana

Kos256

Momo's Minion
I'm new to UTAU and I cannot seem to find a plugin that converts romanji to hirigana. And the ones I do find are always vcv to vcv. I can't find any vcv or cv english voicebanks. And I can't find a plugin that converts english to cv hirigana.

viiridiian

Momo's Minion
first of all: 'english voicebanks' aren't exactly a thing from all i know. there are voicebanks with english sounds instead of japanese ones, sure, but iirc, you still have to type in romaji (usually) or hiragana (sometimes) in order to get those sounds out.

second of all: so do you want english or japanese? if japanese and you just need romaji, you either type in romaji and use a romaji voicebank, or type in romaji and use romakanaswitch/iroiro2.

third of all: i can make a replacement list for iroiro2 with cv romahira conversion if the built in iroiro2 switch/romakanaswitch doesn't work.

lastly, a pro tip: just learn japanese. if that won't do, take other people's usts, look at reclists and just try to understand how japanese sounds work and which ones resemble the english ones most, and, well, use them!

hope i helped, i don't know much but i said what i did know :3

P.S.: i can help you find suitable voice banks if you elaborate on what specifically you need. a cv voicebank that reads romaji and has english sounds? a vcv romaji japanese one?

P.S. 2: if you want to make english talkloids and not songs, it's best to just use romaji and vcv to make it sound at least remotely like english. crossfading, flags and consonant velocity can also help i think.

Kos256

Momo's Minion
Thanks for the reply. I only want to get the sounds out of the voicebank using english/romanji. I don't know which one the default utau voicebank uses but a replacement file for iroiro2 would help very much as well. Once again, thanks.

viiridiian

Momo's Minion
Thanks for the reply. I only want to get the sounds out of the voicebank using english/romanji. I don't know which one the default utau voicebank uses but a replacement file for iroiro2 would help very much as well. Once again, thanks.
oh, defoko is a cv iirc, so just romaji and iroiro2 will do i think? if it doesnt work try romakana switch, i used it for a long while until i actually made iroiro2 start up