NND Rendering Options

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Anybody who posts on Nico(or maybe not? I dunno) have some rendering options for Sony Vegas that they'd like to share with me? ;u;
I recently made the decision to start posting my work that I'm really proud of there but I don't know what rendering options I should use so that the vids are the right size and what not. And I don't feel like messing around and finding out for myself /shot

Help would be greatly appreciated~

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh wow it worked~ Although I used a different program to download my vid it still worked so thanks a ton Aster~

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That definitely works.

If you are interested in doing it without the YouTube passthrough here is an extensive guide:

Video Format: Export Settings

• Format: MPEG4 (i.e., with an .mp4 extension) are preferred, though common formats like AVI, MPEG2, WMV and DivX may also be accepted  (I usually upload H.264 video in an .mp4 container).
  • Encoding method: Constant bitrate (CBR) is preferred.
  • Bitrate: This is  a big restriction, especially for free users. The maximum rate bit rate accepted for videos uploaded by free users is 600 kbps (I normally upload HD video at around 5000 kbps and standard definition video at 1,000 to 2,000 kbps, so this restriction came as a bit of a shock).  The 600 kbps limit refers to the total bitrate (audio and video). Therefore, if you want relatively good sound quality (e.g., mp3 at 192 kbps), you are looking at encoding your video with a bit rate of 400 kbps. Premium members can upload file with any bitrate as long as the total file size is less than 1 MB
  • Total file size: Free users have a limit of 40MB  while premium users can upload files that are up to 100 MB
  • Resolution (frame width and height): Free users cannot upload with a resolution greater than 800×600 while premium users can upload any resolution, including HD (but bear in mind, if you have a 100 MB limit, high quality  HD video’s can’t be more than a couple of minutes long). The normal resolution of the Nico Nico Douga video player is:  512 x 384 (4:3 mode), 640 x 384 and 640 x 360 (Widescreen 16:9 mode). As a free user, I just export my video at one of those settings (unlike in YouTube, it is normal for there to be a black bar on all four sides of an uploaded widescreen video).
  • Pixel Aspect Ratio: I would recommend square pixels (1:1).
  • TV Standard and Frame Rate: As Nico Nico Douga is a strictly Japanese site, it is probably best to use the country’s TV standard (NTSC) and it’s corresponding frame rate (29.97 fps).

My export settings (for free user) are shown. My videos posted on the site are music videos, so I keep a fairly high audio bit rate. If audio quality is not that important, you can decrease that and increase the video bit rate slightly. The settings for frame width and height are for widescreen (16:9) video. If I were uploading video with a standard 4:3 aspect ratio, I would probably go for 640 x 480 or 512 x 384.

[hs width=200 height=300]http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4695/nicoexport.jpg[/hs]​
http://longzijun.wordpress.com/2011/08/12/exporting-video-for-uploading-to-nico-nico-douga/

The goal of the tutorial's writer was to milk as much audio quality as possible and shew as willing to give up video quality to do it due to the way Nico restricts upload bitrates.