Non-Functioning Singers in OpenUtau

bnnuy

Momo's Minion
Hello! Though I've been interested in vocal synths for years, this is my first time using one as I never got base UTAU to work in the past. OpenUtau has been great, but it's also been really wishy-washy on what singers it'll accept. I've tried everything from the "install singer" option to putting the files directly into OpenUtaus singers folder myself, but only some of the VBs work. Most of them will be recognized, will have an uploaded image, but they won't sing. Like Karasu, for example.1710526599118.png
Ruko, on the other hand, will make noise... but seemingly entirely randomly. Like they can only read a few of the notes. Still shows up, though.1710526696201.png
And then there's Gao who doesn't even have a picture.
1710526745727.png
I've gotten a few to work (Mawarine Shuu, Kurobousuku, MEGAne, etc.), but most of them have completely flopped for me. I have no idea what I'm doing (and thus, what I could be doing wrong), so any help is greatly appreciated.

My computer also insists on downloading their VBs with WinRAR, so could that also be part of the problem? And if so, can anyone give me any alternatives (if not just having to outright delete the damn thing).

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Make sure to select the correct phonemizer for the voicebank format, then type the lyrics cleanly.
For example, if you're using a VCV Japanese voicebank, select either the japanese VCV phonemizer or the japanese presamp phonemizer, then make sure the lyrics are written as plain hiragana with one character per note.
Another example: if you're using an ARPAsing English voicebank, select the ARPAsing phonemizer, then make sure to type the lyrics as plain English words.

Reactions: Halo and WyndReed

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
To change the 'phonemizer', you have to change the text that says DEFAULT to the correct voicebank type, as Kiyoteru said.

Reactions: Kiyoteru