Nonbinary UTAU Idol Group : APPLICATIONS OPEN for NB-Stars

jasmin00

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
//EDIT :

Applications have officially opened! You can apply for a position in our group here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1J3H-LjP380cFLHoHGmnRzxub6J2kXfLWXLGR9EJFAQg/edit

We will choose 5 people to work with us, so there will be 7 group members in total. Happy applying!:wink:

--------------
An UTAU Idol group dedicated to only nonbinary idol members : NB-STARS has finally arrived!

We're opening the applications for the group on February 17th!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter so you will be notified when new announcements are made!

The group is currently managed by me and my friend Elis (@_TWILIGHTZ)

Last edited:

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you wouldn't mind my negative feedback (which you will):
Boo.
An UTAU group selecting voices that harmonize well with eachother, or they are all following some colourscheme, or literally any other gimmick (how about one with only finnish utaus?), would be better than this.
I don't know for what reason you ended up in this path, but you can have my proverbial negative impression for this.

Said with well awareness that I'd get flamed to Surtheim with this, both today and in the future, but if nobody shows any sense of negativity to these ideas then it's all going down to heck.
If anyone wants more specifics on why I think this sucks, DM me, it's a long rant.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
An UTAU Idol group dedicated to only nonbinary idol members : NB-STARS has finally arrived! :wink:

We're opening the applications for the group on February 17th!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter so you will be notified when new announcements are made!

The group is currently managed by me and my friend Elis (@_TWILIGHTZ)

Would this involve new characters and voicebanks or existing ones?
Will it be a permanent lineup where every character is part of every project, or is it more of a general collection that can add/remove members?

I'd be interested in adding an UTAU to a sort of general public directory for showcasing NB characters, but I'd like to keep managerial rights over voicebanks/etc. Maybe these could be considered "background singers" for the idol group rather than the main stars?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Boo.
An UTAU group selecting voices that harmonize well with eachother, or they are all following some colourscheme, or literally any other gimmick (how about one with only finnish utaus?), would be better than this.
I don't know for what reason you ended up in this path, but you can have my proverbial negative impression for this.

Said with well awareness that I'd get flamed to Surtheim with this, both today and in the future, but if nobody shows any sense of negativity to these ideas then it's all going down to heck.
If anyone wants more specifics on why I think this sucks, DM me, it's a long rant.
Hello, NordGeit. Please consider this a verbal warning.

Rule #1: Be Respectful.

No discriminatory or inflammatory content, ... of any kind are allowed. Refusal to engage in basic courtesy, or obvious attempts to "stir the pot" or be disruptive, will result in disciplinary action.

In the future if you should have something negative to say (especially without clear and constructive reasoning) it may be best to not say anything at all. Future uncalled for comments like this will result in either an official system warning, or a ban.

On my end, I have no interest in your "specifics" on why an UTAU group based on ethnicity would be fine but this project somehow wouldn't, so please do not elaborate. And as a totally unrelated aside; to all reading, a reminder that transphobia is not welcome here and falls under the "zero-tolerance" section of our rules.

---

Jasmin00, this sounds fun, and I'm sorry for the interruption to your thread. I hope you can find some good members. And please, feel free to @ me if anyone else bothers you about this and/or if you'd like this thread cleaned up.

Last edited:

GeneralNuisance

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Boo.

this is incredibly unnecessary and you could literally say this about any girl group or boy band and you'd make just as much sense (so none)

Systemイア

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Boo.

You honestly just sound like you're transphobic. Not to hate, but not everything requires negativity. OP is asking for non binary Utau voice banks, not your opinion on a non binary utau idol group. So if you have a problem with these kind of things than maybe, just maybe an UTAU forum is not meant for you. Reminder that UTAU is a vocal synthetizer for everyone to use and that includes non binary ppl. Alot of the UTAU userbase and fanbase is transgender/non binary. So we don't need your discriminatory comments here.

-A transfem alter in a transfem DID system who took your comment personally for a good reason.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Just so we all know, NordGeit did end up getting banned after his warning as he DM'd me with a transphobic diatribe. He was (albeit highkey) dogwhistling in his post here, which we could all hear (being trans and all) but that I wanted to be cautious about in case it was a stunt. The DM, however, was absurd and transparent, so we took measures to remove him from our community ASAP. He shouldn't be seeing comments anymore due to the ban, so it would be nice if the focus of the thread can go back to the original topic at hand. Thank you for defending OP though!

jasmin00

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you everyone for your kind support. Our applications have officially started!

You may leave your application here, but please be aware that the applicant has to be at least 16 years old :

Happy applying! :love:

Reactions: Halo

Vocal-Singthesis Fan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Just so we all know, NordGeit did end up getting banned after his warning as he DM'd me with a transphobic diatribe. He was (albeit highkey) dogwhistling in his post here, which we could all hear (being trans and all) but that I wanted to be cautious about in case it was a stunt. The DM, however, was absurd and transparent, so we took measures to remove him from our community ASAP. He shouldn't be seeing comments anymore due to the ban, so it would be nice if the focus of the thread can go back to the original topic at hand. Thank you for defending OP though!

Boo.

I know I'm late to this, but..
You don't have to be rude, Norgeit. Sometimes we need to keep comments to ourselves.
If you dont want to look at this thread, just click off, not send a hate comment.
I'm not sure if this was ok to say or not, but for next time, maybe dont send hate.

Reactions: Systemイア