Rollaback, Port Users, or Start Anew?

What data should we take with us to XenForo?

• A 'rollback' to the complete bakups from April to 'seed' XenForo

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • A 'partial' port of the [i]current[/i] mybb_users table to XenForo

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Starting completely anew under XenForo

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So with UtaForum's Kickstarter well underway it looks like we will get funded. So the question I want to ask you, the community.

Would you prefer:
  • A 'rollback' to the complete bakups from April - This would have all the posts, polls, and users as of the backup date and bring them with us to XenForo.
  • A 'partial' port of the current mybb_users table to XenForo - This would involve only taking the users table so old members don't have to sign up again.
  • Starting completely anew under XenForo - Bring nothing with us besides our domain name, our hopes, and our dreams.

Vote on your preferred option above. Comment about it below.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I think the best option might be the "partial" users table.

Since I have noticed that there are a lot of accounts that are created, but have seemingly never been used or have since been abandoned, we could leave those behind and bring the accounts that actually use the forums over to the new platform.

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Yeah, I agree with the partial User Table idea, since I lose all my posts no matter what o3o

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I'd like a partial port, because I'm lazy and don't really feel like making a new account. Plus, it leaves a clean slate without people being like, "hey, where'd this user go??" or "what this person's new account again?"

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Yeah...I think a partial port with an email confirmation to trim dead accounts is the way to go.... and the tutorials if they can be saved...

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oteto said:
Yeah...I think a partial port with an email confirmation to trim dead accounts is the way to go.... and the tutorials if they can be saved...

This, if possible, would be best imo, the tutorials are pretty important, and email confirmation should be pretty easy, but not necessary.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
RE:

When we moved between Zeta and SMF for the first time I made sure to copy over a bunch of important stickied and helpful threads, and you can be sure rollback or no rollback we'll do the same thing this time!

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

The only issue with the partial port is for the times UtaForum was not protected there are a lot of SPAM users accounts and of course all the 01/01/0001 birthday people.

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Idks about web stuffs but couldnt it be like click here to reactivate and it sends an email deelio? Although I wouldnt mind signing up again a lot of people would lose their rank.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Alongside the tutorials (How many were lost that were posted after April ahhhh I think I had one no), hopefully you can port important new threads that have been made since the crash? Hahahah mine is important to me at least, didn't think we'd get a port so soon.

I'll be a bit bummed losing posts before I hit 1000 again, but ah well. Tutorials and Resources are the main concern for thread ports really.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

It would be a bit of work but its something I wouldn't mind doing, manually carrying over post counts. Won't get done immediately but we can update them if there is enough demand under options 1 & 3.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hentai said:
The only issue with the partial port is for the times UtaForum was not protected there are a lot of SPAM users accounts and of course all the 01/01/0001 birthday people.

If we did some sort of email confirmation saying "UTAForum is moving, would you like to have your account transferred?" or something like that then wouldn't that help fish out the bots?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I don't understand the first option-
You would moe to a new forum whether or not, right?

I think option 2...people can always get their topics from google cache and copy it back in...

if an email confirmation was possible, I bet that would help ween out the fake/spam users...and then just wipe them after some time...

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
JeremyB796 said:
I don't understand the first option-
You would moe to a new forum whether or not, right?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have since clarified.

Feel free to change your votes via [undo] if you want to change your vote.

Yes, UtaForum would move to XenForo, but with 100% of the contents up til mid April of this year.