The rise of utaite UTAUs(?)

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
For those who don't know, Shoohey is an utaite (click me to check out his wiki page) who has recently produced and released his very own UTAU named Mawarine Shuu (廻音シュウ) . The quality is beyond amazing--with tuning and without, and the voice sounds natural and super realistic.

Literally, check him out. I tested him really quickly on a random ust I tuned and HOLY SHINING CABBAGE.
This is his release video:

Personally I hope other utaites form a giant bandwagon and make their own UTAUs. It'd be interesting to see the kind of banks that will emerge due to different/unique vocal styles. Frankly, I feel the quality of these UTAUs would be better than "average" right now, only because u/youtaites are more comfortable or experienced (for lack of a better term) in recording/singing and may have better equipment than the average UTAU user.

But seriously, if an UTAU-making bandwagon DID start in the u/youtaite community, I'd take a Kanseru, Panaman, or Suya UTAU any day. What kind of utaites would you like to see make an UTAU?

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Aaaaaah honestly the UTAU of people who can actually sing are my favorite, mostly because samples that are sung are so much nicer sounding than spoken samples. I totally agree that more utaite should look into making UTAU ;w; I've had my fingers crossed for more Youtaite to make UTAU because I don't really know many utaites on Nico. However, I'd love a kradness or a KanzentaiCell UTAU.

Youtaite wise I'd love if Miku-tan ever remade her UTAU but since Victor is basically dead I don't think that'd happen...
Mom0ki is a very nice singer, but I think Mocha falls short of my expectations ;.; I hope she's remade as well...
Lizz's voicetype is to die for tbh I'd pay her to make an UTAU honestly.

In general tho, more (yo)utaite UTAU please <3

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think for more dramatic voice types like Kire and Powerscale banks that actual singers definetly have the advantage. They have the vocal training while the average person may struggle to get the range and vocal tone. Plus they of course are familiar with sound, tone, pitch, etc that are all needed to make a good voiced UTAU. Plus since they're famous being Utaite's they can get assistance with it - Caporo Ulula, an experienced UTAU user, put together and oto'd the bank, dunno if he did the tuning or not, I'm thinking Shoohey sang it and then they either imitated in pitchbends or something.

Honestly though dedication is still a big part of it. I remember Re:nG (I think that's his name?) had an UTAU - it wasn't very good. And while Hagane Hey capture's Kyouhei's vocal tone well he's only monopitch and not the best recorded quality wise. Shoohey still had to put a lot of effort in recording.

But definetly a solid UTAU! Gonna try him now and see if he can unseat Hakupo as my favorite haha.

EDIT: Nope can't use him. D: He is uploaded as just a folder instead of a RAR or ZIP so I can't keep the Japanese file names. ugh mac.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've imagined what a reol utau would sound like! But I doubt that it would happen, because reol sells albums and I heard that giga isn't actually fond of utau covers.