Um.. I wanna tell you guys something.

Angel

Momo's Minion
Well, here it goes.

I'm really happy in the UTAU community. And this isn't a rant, this is just something I want to tell you guys.

In IRL, I'm very anti-social. And most of the time, I never talk to anyone. Sometimes it comes over here when I'm online, and I get kind of unwilling to join in your guys fun, and I feel sad but it isn't your guys fault! >_<

I love working on UTAU, and when I joined I was keen to be-friend you guys and all that, I tried and made some.. but I often just don't know how to act with them. Most of the time, my 'friends' hardly speak to me, because all I talk about is UTAU/Vocaloid/Anime/Japan-Culture...

Well I have Aspergers' Syndrome. To those who are familiar with this, you know common symptoms, and to those who don't, the Wikipedia page is very informative.
I have little to no knowledge of what's new or in. I watch the programmes no-one does, and talk about the stuff no-one cares. I sit around waiting for someone to talk to me, because 70% of the time, I'm listening. I have people, who are helping me fix this, and I'm glad. I have this friend, who is supposed to be my best friend, yet when I told you guys about her she said I was making it up and that you don't exist. She is very critical about my looks, speech and pronounciation etc... So what if I pronouce 'so and so' different from you? She gets very angry with me, and makes me feel very bad when I upset her. With you guys I am able to apologize truthfully and get over things quickly.

My dream is to be an author or a mangaka. That's all I hope to be. Most of the time I'm misunderstood and people get upset with me. That's why I picked jobs, who do stuff for others, because I really want to make others happy. And that's why I joined UTAU.

I really wish I was like you guys (sometimes I get a bit jealous), who though even if some of guys may be shy, are able to talk nicely and converse with others and your friends. I wish to get more involved here.

So if I'm being annoying or jumpy, it's just I'm doing my best to talk to you guys.

Thank you,

Angel

Shugahime

Teto's Territory
Hey Angel. :]
I know exactly how you feel.
I'm anti-social in RL, aswell, do to the fact, more then likely I has Aspergers, aswell. ^^
My nephews have it, my sister has it, my father has it. And I show alot tendancies, anyway, back on topic.

I also have that one-way street like mind, where I only want to talk about what interests me.

I'd love to talk to you, about utau, anime, manga, or anything about the Japanese culture. <3

You wanna be a Mangaka? Thats pretty cool! :D

D

dCatharsis

I understand how do you feel. I have Asperger's too. Diagnosed at 13; I'm 18 now.

Personally, I don't think you should care that much about being "normal".
I tried to be "normal" and it never worked. Also, I think it's boring as hell. I feel fake, like another person. I feel mediocre and I really hate that.
Of course you have to take care of your way of speech, about the volume of your voice, because that'll always help you to explaining yourself better and to not scaring people or making them angry xD But you can't please everybody, so, yeah, if your friend don't likes how do you act, that isn't really your problem because you're really trying your best. I think you must like what you like. People like us tend to have ...gimmicky? (Is that word right? I'm not an English native speaker) interests. When I was younger I loved bugs, specially the wing-less ones. Manga isn't weird comparated to that so don't worry xDDD

Also, I love to help others, too, but I think one must take care of oneself too. That's why I chose to study Visual Arts and, well, IDGAF about what do people think about my choice. It was really hard to convince my parents to let me study that because here in Chile nobody gives a damn about art and artists (they wanted me to become a Lawyer). But I'll try my best anyways because I love art since I was a little girl and because I know I'm good at that.

I'm an extrovert but I can understand why you're shy. I feel the same way too.
So, yeah. xD I got it.
I'm not a fan of japanese culture, neither I watch too many anime, but we can talk about UTAU of course. :smile:

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
I can relate to you, although I don't have asperger's.

I'm not social AT ALL. Not even a little bit. I don't think any of my classmates even know what I sound like... I don't pay much attention to pop culture either (which distances me from people), but I think that's just because I'm a bit of a hipster >_> I agree with dCatharsis when she says you shouldn't try to be normal. No one is really normal, after all! Everyone has something about them that others find odd. Some people just have more odd aspects than others, which isn't bad at all!

Also, I'd be totally willing to talk about anime and japanese culture with you! :D Truthfully, it makes up the majority of my conversations anyway...

I have a similar goal. B3 I'd like to be a cartoonist when I get older (like the ones on Cartoon Network), for similar reasons~ I hope you can accomplish your dream! c:

Fluffy

Teto's Territory
Wow.. I didn't know so many here had Aspbergers here.. Well I know a girl IRL who has it and she's fine really, she's 16 and talks alot but she's a good friend.
I don't have Aspbergers either, but I can understand a bit about how you feel here. Most of my classmates are ok with me watching anime and reading manga and all my Vocaloid / Overall Asian obsession. But there still are people who thinks I'm a total freak because I play games... I know that on this Forum many Play Final Fantasy and stuff but at my school, NO GIRL DOES *shot*.

I was the one who brought my friends into anime tho... So I can talk about Japan and stuff with them, if not I guess school would be quite boring =/
I would really love talking to you, I feel like such a noob here on the Forum since I haven't been here for long xD It seems like everyone else knows the other and I would feel clingy if I tried to jump in x]

PeppermintCereal

Momo's Minion
Glad we could help, Angel C:

I know that feel about being different. You're not sure if people are going to like you for what you do, but you do it anyway, because it's your thang. There's a phrase I live by: Being different is what makes you cool. I'm glad to be different. If I were normal, I wouldn't exist. If you think about it, nobody is normal.

When I grow up, I want to be a linguist. Languages to me are just so interesting because they have their differences and similarities.

Remember, if you feel out of place, it means you're cool, but people don't realise it. About your 'friend', everytime she makes fun of you, you make fun of her, see how she likes it C:<

D

dCatharsis

PeppermintCereal link said:

I know that feel about being different. You're not sure if people are going to like you for what you do, but you do it anyway, because it's your thang. There's a phrase I live by: Being different is what makes you cool. I'm glad to be different. If I were normal, I wouldn't exist. If you think about it, nobody is normal.

When I grow up, I want to be a linguist. Languages to me are just so interesting because they have their differences and similarities.

Remember, if you feel out of place, it means you're cool, but people don't realise it. About your 'friend', everytime she makes fun of you, you make fun of her, see how she likes it C:<

1.- I wanted to become a linguist too but we don't have that career here in Chile. :C However, I wanted more to become a Visual Artist.
I hope you can become one :'D

2.- The last paragraph is so much WIN xDDDDD

PeppermintCereal

Momo's Minion
dCatharsis link said:
[quote author=PeppermintCereal link=topic=1709.msg13428#msg13428 date=1336369423]

1.- I wanted to become a linguist too but we don't have that career here in Chile. :C However, I wanted more to become a Visual Artist.
I hope you can become one :'D

2.- The last paragraph is so much WIN xDDDDD
[/quote]

*bows down* You're welcome C: *throws trophies*

C

chibat

I have it as well. Don't worry xD I find it a lot of fun here. If you ever want to talk, message me.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
It's already been said, but being different rocks! It makes you special, and doesn't necessarily make you alone because even if you're not around them, there are lots of people out there that are probably pretty similar to you(I hope that made sense >w<:wink:

Also, you're friend doesn't seem like much of a friend by your description... it's always possible she doesn't realize it though, or maybe she's got some psychological reason? I don't want to tell you to try and stop being friends with her because that might not be what's best for you both at the moment, but if you could muster up the courage to tell her how she's making you feel(for she might not be aware) it might help, because it doesn't sound like a good relationship as it is :'C

KuroKitsuSan

Teto's Territory
pshh.
You pretty much described me and then some xD
o uo if you want someone to talk to, even about petty stuff, I'd be more than happy to become friends with you.

I'm always willing to make new friends ; U;

theet1995

Momo's Minion
Actually im kind of the same way myself im either always talking about Japanese culture,vocaloids,utau etc..and alot of people i know seem to get annoyed by that even though im new here to this site i feel really comfortable and like i belong and i hope to meet alot of new people so any time you wanna chat just let me know :D

C

Coffee

I've had social anxiety and I know what you're talking about.
I had used my time in Japan related things like manga and Jpop (and I still do) but I've foced myself to be with others. Even know it makes me shake, swet and feel terrible it's worth the pain because I've got new friends and got more social.
I am very shy and scared in real life, couple months ago when I had my worst time I got a medication mostly to weaken my social anxiety. But the best medication is to be with others.
The truth is that you or I can't wait others to talk to us, we must go to talk to them. And if others think you're weird, don't care and be even weirder. That's what I do xDD

Keep on going and don't give up because of others. (Y)

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I hope we can be friends! I know all about the syndrome you have. My neighbor has it. I play with him all the time, so I understand after watching him. ^^