UtaForum Updated to Xenforo 1.4.4

For those of you who have been following the Transition Thread UtaForum has been going through a lot of changes over the last week. A lot of minor changes, some documented, some not, along with the various addon updates posted to that thread.

With all our addons now compatible I felt it was safe to do a major XenForo upgrade. We have gone from XenForo 1.3.4 -> XenForo 1.4.4. The new version of XenForo includes a host of security updates/patches, some new admin tools for handling reports and spammers, along with some new front-end features including:
  • All New Selective Quoting System
  • Author Alerts for Moderator Actions
  • Thread Reply Bans (Bans from Specific Threads)
  • Custom Help Pages (Expect more soon!)
  • Online Status Indicator in Messages
  • Improved Polls
With 1.4 we are also able to support new addons including the recently installed addon which allowed us to list all members of our Supporters usegroup on this page. The members listed are all those that made UtaForum 4.0 and this XenForo update possible having donated to our Kickstarter or having purchased the Lifetime Supporter Account Upgrade.

Expect continued updates going forward and look forward to the next major update to Showcase as covered in Road from Beta, Continued. I still want feedback on the revamped review system so do reply to that thread. With XenForo of course being commercial software will have a renewal due later this year ($55) but with @teifuani's latest contribution we are already almost half way there.

Thanks once again to all who contributed thus far, we couldn't have gotten here without you. With me finally liking how our default Runaway Defoko theme is looking expect me to detail more on the Style Voting System and how to use all your tokens in the coming month.