vcv reclist

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
Hi! I'm about to begin the long, painful yet rewarding process of otoing... I was in the middle of otoing my Japanese VCV but I quickly found out some of my recordings had some background noise so I had to re-record the majority of it, which was painful lol. Before I proceed any further, I want to make sure i'm doing these particular lines right. With something like "re_re_ro_re_n_re", what do I do with the "n" just hanging out in there? After sectioning off "ore", is it "ren" or do I skip that and do "nre"? Lol or am I even sectioning this off correctly :sing:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The line re_re_ro_re_n_re would be written in Japanese as れれろれんれ. You can see that there are 6 characters here, which means it should be pronounced as a string of 6 syllables, and made into 6 OTO entries. Each OTO entry corresponds to 1 of the characters, with the vowel from the previous syllable.
1. Divide up each character: れ | れ | ろ | れ | ん | れ
2. Grab the previous vowel: - れ | e れ | e ろ | o れ | e ん | n れ

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
I see, thank you for your help! I've wondered how that works when people put the vowel in front of the character like that, now it makes sense.