Voicebank doesn't show up in UTAU

mei

Momo's Minion
Hey heey!
I'm new to UTAULOID and downloaded a few Voicebanks, extracted and put them into the right UTAU folder. I re-opened the program but the Voice Banks doesn't show up, if I want to change them.

Soo.. yeah, I'm stuck.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ensure that the entire UTAU folder is outside of Program Files to avoid file access issues.
Remember that voicebanks go in the "voice" subfolder, and not in the main UTAU folder.
You can also manually browse for an individual voicebank using this button.
1618196818150.png

mei

Momo's Minion
Ensure that the entire UTAU folder is outside of Program Files to avoid file access issues.
Remember that voicebanks go in the "voice" subfolder, and not in the main UTAU folder.
You can also manually browse for an individual voicebank using this button.
View attachment 10081
Okay, so I had everything as you said and could select them manually, but the Voice Bank itself says, that it doesn't have any files..

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Okay, so I had everything as you said and could select them manually, but the Voice Bank itself says, that it doesn't have any files..
If the folder has multiple folders, like if you see 2 or more and there is no oto for that make an oto with nothing in the oto file. Then refresh the voicebank and try again, That always works for me.

Edit, this is what it supposed to look like if it has multiple folders, there is a blank oto file outside the folders then utau would read the bank
The oto needs to be blank or else there would be samples that don't exist, hopes this helps ovo
image_2021-04-11_192502.png

Last edited:

mei

Momo's Minion
If the folder has multiple folders, like if you see 2 or more and there is no oto for that make an oto with nothing in the oto file. Then refresh the voicebank and try again, That always works for me.

Edit, this is what it supposed to look like if it has multiple folders, there is a blank oto file outside the folders then utau would read the bank
The oto needs to be blank or else there would be samples that don't exist, hopes this helps ovo
View attachment 10087
Ah sorry, but how exactly can I make an oto file?

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Ah sorry, but how exactly can I make an oto file?
I usually copy an existing oto, then copy it to the folder without the oto, when it got copied, open the oto file and select all text deete and then save. the blank oto is there now

Last edited:

mei

Momo's Minion
I usually copy an existing oto, then copy it to the folder without the oto, when it got copied, open the oto file and select all text deete and then save. the blank oto is there now
Okay okay, this helped me actually a lot! Ruined some files tho, cuz i first didn't get it, haha i'll just download them new. Thank you so much for helping me!!