What are the arrows in the lyrics??

lightningparfait

Momo's Minion
Hi, im fairly new to utau and have been using it since July, (utausynth for Mac, I havent found a lot of large differences than the fact you cant use plugins) and some utau covers Ive been using have some weird things.
first, some notes are silent. ive googled this and it seems its only a problem for those who are making their own utaus, but this is a problem for popular utaus that I have downloaded. ive partially fixed it by replacing the lyric, but sometimes I have to delete it. sometimes if theres exhale notes, it bugs the other notes around it and I have to delete it.
second, theres glitched notes. sometimes I want to change a note and how it sounds, but when I delete it, I still hear it. and sometimes I have to delete the notes around it to fix it.
also some lyrics volume goes down. the lyric itself is fine but its just quieter for some reason.
finally, the arrows in the lyrics. I just downloaded a meltdown cover, and there are lyrics that have something like "a あ↑" in it, which makes the note glitch and go silent. I know how to fix it, butI just want to know what it is? I know utausynth is different than utau for windows but yeah; ive seen this issue on a thread ive visited before but I cant find it. 1667101716674.png

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It looks like this UST was tuned for a specific voicebank. You'll need to clean up all the notes first before you can reuse the UST with another voicebank.

Examples of notes you might need to delete completely
- inhales and exhales
- end breaths, vocal fries
- CVVC mixed into VCV (for example, a tiny "a t" note between two other notes. Delete it and extend the previous note to fill the gap)

Examples of notes you need to rewrite
- VCV lyrics (UTAU-Synth can automatically handle VCV voicebanks, so you can write lyrics in plain CV)
- Remove suffixes for multiple pitches, such as arrow suffixes or pitch suffixes like C5, G4, etc.
- Remove expression/append suffixes, such as letters like W and P, or kanji characters like 叫 and 囁

Reactions: lightningparfait