When I convert a UST to vsqx/vpr using Utaformatix why is the pitch bend parameter so choppy and how do I fix it?

Nugget 276

Momo's Minion
To explain here is what my conversion looks like. It sounded nice in Utau but when I tried to export to vsqx/VPR the vocals were all choppy andPitch 1.jpg strained. It looks like it starting the pitch at whatever the next note is and is not continuous.

However, another person Vsqx/Vpr ( Which looks like Utaufomatix had been used) had no chops and was able to sing smoothly.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to Utaformatix and find it so so so much easier to tune in Utau than Vocaloid and I really don't want to go back to tunning in Vocaloid

Pitch 2.jpg

Nugget 276

Momo's Minion
Here you go, It's more noticeable at the end.

Attachments

• 20220120_185716.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

RoseMB

Momo's Minion
Hello Nugget,
I've hade this problem as well and after hearing that others are having this problem, I looked into it further. From what I've gathered from my own experimentation, this problem is mostly resolved if you turn on Robot Voice to the lowest setting. There's a few little bumps here and there, but overall the converted UST is a lot smoother. I'm assuming that this is because Vocaloid 5 is automatically setting transitions that come before the ones set in your UST.
This was able to solve my problems and hopefully I was able to help you too!

Nugget 276

Momo's Minion
Hello Nugget,
I've hade this problem as well and after hearing that others are having this problem, I looked into it further. From what I've gathered from my own experimentation, this problem is mostly resolved if you turn on Robot Voice to the lowest setting. There's a few little bumps here and there, but overall the converted UST is a lot smoother. I'm assuming that this is because Vocaloid 5 is automatically setting transitions that come before the ones set in your UST.
Thank you so much! It's definitely a lot smoother now, thank you! Now I just need to tune (or well figure out how to muffle the Robot Voice or if I even can) it a bit more to hide some of the Robot Voice that peaks out.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoseMB

Systemイア

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
To explain here is what my conversion looks like. It sounded nice in Utau but when I tried to export to vsqx/VPR the vocals were all choppy andView attachment 11179 strained. It looks like it starting the pitch at whatever the next note is and is not continuous.

However, another person Vsqx/Vpr ( Which looks like Utaufomatix had been used) had no chops and was able to sing smoothly.

Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to Utaformatix and find it so so so much easier to tune in Utau than Vocaloid and I really don't want to go back to tunning in Vocaloid

View attachment 11180
I use Piapro NT and I just tune the entire thing.
In order to avoid the weird sounds. Sadly, I don't have any solution for this rather than just redoing the entire thing. I personally prefer tuning in Piapro NT because that's what I am used too. But my biggest advice is maybe just retune those weird parts only.
Now I use a pen and tablet for tuning in Piapro NT. I think you can find some for cheap if you want to get better at tuning by drawing
Post automatically merged:

I
Hello Nugget,
It's a problem with Piapro NT, but I am used to retuning everything very fast in Piapro NT so it's not that bad.