CV VC English

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Just a day. The lite list is only 167 samples long. Of course, OTOing takes much longer, but recording is pretty quick. I may wind up adding stuff afterwards if I feel like it.

A day e.e?! Dude, it would take me two weeks to just record and like 5 months to oto.ini. I guess I  don't have a lot of free time like I use too. I just really wanted to give this one utauloid I had a EN voicebank since she was CV VC JP.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
OngakuCD link said:
Just a day. The lite list is only 167 samples long. Of course, OTOing takes much longer, but recording is pretty quick. I may wind up adding stuff afterwards if I feel like it.

A day e.e?! Dude, it would take me two weeks to just record and like 5 months to oto.ini. I guess I  don't have a lot of free time like I use too. I just really wanted to give this one utauloid I had a EN voicebank since she was CV VC JP.

I... have too much free time. XD Anyway, I record pretty quickly, but if I notice anything weird once I'm OTOing I'll make a note of it and rerecord some things at the end. That's usually how I do it. :V

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
[quote author=OngakuCD link=topic=4181.msg29931#msg29931 date=1353556282]
[quote author=Ant link=topic=4181.msg29928#msg29928 date=1353554653]

@Shinami, there aren't any high females, which is pretty disappointing because I love that voice type. I feel like most (all?) English 'loids are of the low or mid range.

I know right? But you also have to look at it as not only a language thing, but cultural. Most western female voices are mid range or low as compared to more eastern in which high pitch voices are considered cute. English is not really a "cute" language and we have small amount of pitch ranges when we speak (if you can understand what I'm trying to say XD)
[/quote]

Yeah, you're right. I think it'd be hard to voice act through all the samples if it's too far from your base voice.
[/quote]

Well, I don't know if you really know about my utau Haruko izanami, but I'm sort of making a CV VC English of her (recording every once in a while) and I'm keeping the same pitch, which is relatively high and feminine, so maybe that will make you happy.xD

I noticed that too. I like high feminine voices. Not *too* high that it's annoying, though o3o

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
thank GAD!!!

I almost recorded an english light with the old reclist version...

the one i have only has 130 sounds...the new one has 167...

that was a close one...

p.s. idk about everyone else but VV blends are easy...

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
JeremyB796 link said:

I hate them and they make me want to rage because my waveforms are /never/ nice so it's super hard to see where one vowel stops and another vowel starts. I guess they'd be pretty easy if the waveforms are clear.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
[quote author=JeremyB796 link=topic=4181.msg30611#msg30611 date=1354139595]

I hate them and they make me want to rage because my waveforms are /never/ nice so it's super hard to see where one vowel stops and another vowel starts. I guess they'd be pretty easy if the waveforms are clear.
[/quote]

When oto'ing, in the parameter window(where your draw the lines, idk) there is a "P" in the upper left-hand corner, double click that and it previews the oto...it helps, A LOT!

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
JeremyB796 link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=4181.msg30629#msg30629 date=1354144810]
[quote author=JeremyB796 link=topic=4181.msg30611#msg30611 date=1354139595]

[/quote]
When oto'ing, in the parameter window(where your draw the lines, idk) there is a "P" in the upper left-hand corner, double click that and it previews the oto...it helps, A LOT!
[/quote]

I never knew that! @_@ How much OTOing time I could've saved...

deactivated

Teto's Territory
Ok first of all did everyone forget about Victor Yonne and Seine Ran? Both english CVVC that are released. Although Ran is aliased in x-sampa...

Secondly, it seems that mostly if you use an overseas-made ust to convert to cvvc, the owner of said ust will most likely let you re-release it with no problems. Just ask.

Thirdly. I already made a Mr. Music english cover.

Fourthly. CVVC is really easy to use imo. Just make the VC sample the same length as the overlap of the following CV sample. p1p4 and acpt. Done. Some of them might get envelope errors (due to incorrect otoing). But mostly thats all you do lol

Lastloy. Beat Okamine is a travesty. He has horrible pronunciation (his v's are b's) and the otoing is just.. completely off. But yea.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Phewww, I was going to do it, got done with one UTAU and was like, "mehhhhh so much more." :O lol. But now I don't have to do it, yay. Never heard Halt sound like that before. > w <

Alsoooo... they're veeeery awkwardly timed. :c

I actually kinda like Beat's accent, it makes me laugh but it's a pain to use, and doesn't sound so great in the end. DX Which is why I haven't uploaded anything with him.

Also, I thought victor wasn't out yet. Didn't know that ran had an english bank.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Princess Aleks link said:
Ok first of all did everyone forget about Victor Yonne and Seine Ran? Both english CVVC that are released. Although Ran is aliased in x-sampa...

Secondly, it seems that mostly if you use an overseas-made ust to convert to cvvc, the owner of said ust will most likely let you re-release it with no problems. Just ask.

Fourthly. CVVC is really easy to use imo. Just make the VC sample the same length as the overlap of the following CV sample. p1p4 and acpt. Done. Some of them might get envelope errors (due to incorrect otoing). But mostly thats all you do lol

Lastloy. Beat Okamine is a travesty. He has horrible pronunciation (his v's are b's) and the otoing is just.. completely off. But yea.

First, we haven't forgotten them, I guess people wanted to know more CV VC other than them?

Second is known

Third : And? does that mean you are the creator of the song and that nobody cannot make their own version ? By using this logic, that'd mean nobody should cover any Vocaloid/UTAU song after the first cover had been made

Fourthly even though I keep an eye on this topic because I'm interested by English (and plenty other languages in UTAU) I haven't really used that much CV VC UTAUs nor recorded any CV VC bank so I cannot tell atm but I do plan on using more of them (same for VCV) to train myself to use all kinds of voicebanks existing and have thus less issues to make covers with other UTAUs

Finally euuh.... I've heard way WAY worse and maybe it's the way it has been recorded or the intonation used that do it...
Also, keep in mind his creator/voicer isn't a native (he's from Mexico if I recall well..) and as you should know, in Spanish the Vs sound nearly the same as Bs (that's why our Spanish teachers always tell us the common mispellings are often the Vs and Bs because of their similarity in terms of pronunciation) so of course Beat's Vs risk to sound up like Bs

Furhtermore, in all honesty, I just listened to a few English works made with him (especially the English I=Fantasy and Rolling in the deep) and he sounded fine and understandable to me compared with others

And calling Beat a travesty just for this is totally exagerated and offensive.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Princess Aleks link said:

First of all, nobody forgot about victor nor Seine Ran. Just because you can't see air doesn't mean you ignore it's existence.

Secondly we know that, but it's better if you had a ust made specifically for that voicebank (plus the rhythm may be different translating it to English)

Third of all it looks like you converted the ust two hours ago after this post was made like last week. So don't come off sounding like you've been had this out for the past four months. Plus I'm going to make a parody English version from scratch anyways. (P.S Mr.Music was just used as an example, not that it should be made into a ust.)

Lastly, you didn't have to call him out when evidently his first language isn't english. Imagine how the overseas utauloid probably actually sound to Japanese people.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Uh, no need to get all defensive, guys. The comment about beat was kinda rude, but there's no need to pick apart her post like that.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I have an idea! Please play along for a bit ;o;

So, I am pleased to inform you, that the previous topic of the viability of anything is now over! People have things they still want to say, it is true, but they don't get to say them! Because we're agreed that that topic is over, for the good of the thread! b)ovo)b

Here, have some Onen:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXNt04rIM#ws[/yt]

...I don't actually know how to embed youtube videos. As you might have gathered.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:

So, I am pleased to inform you, that the previous topic of the viability of anything is now over! People have things they still want to say, it is true, but they don't get to say them! Because we're agreed that that topic is over, for the good of the thread! b)ovo)b

Here, have some Onen:

...I don't actually know how to embed youtube videos. As you might have gathered.
...que?

deactivated

Teto's Territory
:/

I spent over two weeks on that cover, jeez..

There was like, a list of all the CVVC english utau on the front but nobody had ever mentioned those two, I just wanted to add them to the list.

I don't understand what the issue is with using ANY ust? Like. Not every ust is in VCV. But we take CV and convert them. I think it should be the same for CVVC. Its the same if it was japanese or english cvvc.

.. and uh.. a few people were like "Oh we should make mr music I am gonna make it right now!!!!!" I just... wanted to point out that I made one...?

And the comment about Beat yeah I see how that one specifically can be taken meanly but its kind of true? :sad: His otos are completely wrong.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yay! Aleks made her comment, people pointed out things, and now she clarified. This should be resolved. i don't like when threads turn into arguments. because, no matter how well intentioned, they get admins involved and we don't want that.
don't make me pull out my sobbu face

There is one thing I want to ask ye more experienced folke that I've been wondering about. What's the difference between Lite and Full aside from number of recordings? Does Lite lack a lot of consonants and vowels or something? Is Lite even close to being as fully capable as Full?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:

Here, have some Onen:

Nice! Someone remind me to use him one day. :V To embed YouTube videos, just leave the link. It automatically embeds it.

shinami link said:
Yay! Aleks made her comment, people pointed out things, and now she clarified. This should be resolved. i don't like when threads turn into arguments. because, no matter how well intentioned, they get admins involved and we don't want that.

There is one thing I want to ask ye more experienced folke that I've been wondering about. What's the difference between Lite and Full aside from number of recordings? Does Lite lack a lot of consonants and vowels or something? Is Lite even close to being as fully capable as Full?

Lite lacks some things, but it does have its advantages. One major thing is it forces you to use vowel blends more, like having no beginning (consonant) + r, so if you were to do the word "dream" it would be :
d3, 3E, Em.

But everything like that can be worked around if you're crafty. Cz is coming up with a new list that is kind of like a mix of the two, from what I hear. Are you thinking of doing Kenage English?

deactivated

Teto's Territory
shinami link said:

Lite banks have all the basic sounds for every constant + vowel conmbination (give or take a few vowels.) For example, kakekikokuk, etc etc. Full banks have all the possible consonant combinations that occur in English, like krakrikrokruk, skaskiskoskskuk, etc. In a lite bank you would make certain words, take the word "strong" by using a combination of CC and CV sounds. like "st-t3-3a-an-ng" which takes up more space and make sound less constucted. a Full bank would have str- and -ang strings, so it would onbly be "stra-ang"

-looool we all commented at once-

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:

Sorry T.T, some times I get debate happy,lol. Full has a whole lot more recording than lite (I mean a lot 0.0) When I first saw the actual list I was like "...forget that". I'm sure the voice will sound even more natural but if you don't have the time, go with lite. I think lite is capable with full, it's just that you may have to edit more for end and beginning sounds

Ex: hold
full: hO-Old
lite:hO-ld, or hO-Ol-d

from
full: fru-um (you can also use the "6" sound) fr6-6m
lite: f-ru-um

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, thanks both of you! So Full is definetly more worth it if you have the time and energy to record and oto. I'd have to enslave I mean ask someone to do the otos likely if I ever did CV VC. I never get anything done.

Ant link said:
But everything like that can be worked around if you're crafty. Cz is coming up with a new list that is kind of like a mix of the two, from what I hear. Are you thinking of doing Kenage English?

Ooooh that would be nice.

Well, I was thinking afer I get all these main banks done (Release Leil VCV, actually post a video of Kimusume CV, release Kimusume VCV, make a new Kaisho CV, and actually export and oto everything I've recorded for Kaisho dusk CV) I'd do an english CV VC over the summer next year. Kaisho could probably use it but from the lack of higher voices I'd probably do either Leil (Which would suit her odd name) or Kimusume. Kimu was only considered because a nasally shoujo english voice would be hilarious. XD

In fact just saying that makes me want to record a Kimu Lite english right now. pffft Though like I crossed out, I don't want to screw up otoing CV VC so I'd probably have to bribe someone with arts and UST skills to oto for me.
Is this the current Lite list?
[noembed]I = Fantasy - CV VC English - Bank / Reclist RELEASE[/noembed]