CV VC English

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
@Ant: gotta wait for Sparrow to finish the OTO. Or did he already? I dunno ;o; The release that he did with just the samples has been sitting around on my computer for a while, just waiting...

@Shinami: what everyone else said XD You record "bl" for something like "blends" too. IIRC, it's missing the nasal vowels & and 1, as well.

You can record LITE list in a day, but that's a whole day.

There aren't actually many LITE banks released, are there? I can't even think of just one.

EDIT: also, the real advantage to recording FULL isn't naturalness, so much as user-friendliness. You definitely need some UTAUxperience to work with LITE. That's something to consider, when you put it up for download.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:
@Shinami: what everyone else said XD You record \"bl\" for something like \"blends\" too. IIRC, it's missing the nasal vowels & and 1, as well.

You can record LITE list in a day, but that's a whole day.

There aren't actually many LITE banks released, are there? I can't even think of just one.

EDIT: also, the real advantage to recording FULL isn't naturalness, so much as user-friendliness. You definitely need some UTAUxperience to work with LITE. That's something to consider, when you put it up for download.

Eh, there's Lizett I know, I think Tony is Lite, and that append Ant was recording is Lite. I'm not overly familiar with others.

But I think it would be good for me as some experience with Lite, since I've avoided it and only really used Halt and Cz with things. An I think people desperate for a higher voice may not mind. XD

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello wow I haven't been in the forum in too long

SO I'MMA TALK

Shinami, I posted a slightly-updated LITE list on that UST database that was mentioned earlier.  The thing about LITE is that it requires a little more fiddling with pronunciation to get the sounds right, and a lot more envelope work.  Which isn't so bad, I suppose.  It's just a factor.  The semi-update has the nasal vowels (I think...) and the 8/Q dipthongs so you should probably grab it if you plan to do LITE!

On the topic of LITE banks, Halt does have one, though it's old... she also has a LITE whisper English that I am too damn lazy to oto.  Oh, and there's also Kori!  He's LITE! owo

【UTAU CVVC】 Kory Stone - Perfect Day (+UST)
I need to... like, officially release him.  If you want him ask, I'll give you the link. ~w~

There is, indeed, a new FULL list in progress--Cz's planning to make the list easier to custom-tailor if you want to do it a certain way.  And we're going to try to make the VVs easier to record, since they tend to kill people. ovo;;  (personally, I use the unstringed vowels and the stringed consonants! xD) We added a new vowel and did a few other things that are all observable in Halt's 2.0 beta thing that I uploaded a week or two ago.  Cz's plan as I know it is to record over Christmas, so yay.

Oof Ant, why you even mention Soledi having English.  That bank's ancient and I haven't touched it because it desparately needs re-recording, which is happening over winter break (in multipitch!).  Ugh... her consonants are so long and her pronunciation is so weeeeird... though, I feel like the weird pronunciation may stay.  We'll see in a few weeks.  That'll be a high female though! ;A; just you know when it happens

As a fun note about that Mr. Music cover (which is pretty nice), I actually think Aleks is using Halt's English 0.0 bank with a gender flag. ouo  She's one of like two people who has that bank...

And as another random note converting usts from JP to EN works fine, generally.  I've never had issues doing it owo

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
merp i feel akward that i sent you a message right as you posted here

Ah, is there a pronunciation guide in the original one though? The updated one is just the strings.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:
merp i feel akward that i sent you a message right as you posted here

Ah, is there a pronuncion guide in the original one though? The updated one is just the strings.

Most amazing timing since I literally haven't hit the forum in weeks xD

I don't think there's a guide in any of the reclists.  Cz posted a guide to them somewhere... I know it's on VO, I think it's also on here?  It was on UO but I don't know if you can access it from there anymore...  Whatever, here's my cheat sheet:

a = ah = "bot"
e = eh = "bet"
i = ih = "bit"
o = ooh = "boot"
u = uh = "but"

A = ay/ei = "bait"
E = ee = "beat"
I = ai = "bite"
O = oh = "boat"
U = yu = "few"

@ = "bat"
6 = "put", "would"
3 = er = "bird"
Q = oy/oi = "boy"
8 = ow/ou = "bow"/"bough"

& = nasal @ = "ban"
1 = nasal i = "thing"

th = lisp-ish = THing, baTH
tth = THis, baTHE
zh = pleaSure, garaGE

Now I'll go respond to that message woops

Sparrow

Teto's Territory
Kit Wistful link said:
@Ant: gotta wait for Sparrow to finish the OTO. Or did he already? I dunno ;o; The release that he did with just the samples has been sitting around on my computer for a while, just waiting...

I think I need to redo my english bank actually.
But I could upload an updated oto if you want.(still not done though)

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I can wait, I have tons of projects started already so I don't know if I'll have time to use him soon.

@Cdra; Aw, I liked what I heard of soledi's English. It's better than mine at least. > w <
Also, this video:
CV VC Tips - 1. Recording

If Kori's all done, can I have him? I won't post anything until you decide to officially release him, if you want.

Do you know if Cherry and Jani are going to be released soon? I love them to death. ; n ;

On the topic of released lite banks, natalie summer is lite. Only her VCs are kinda strangely pronounced (I believe CZ was still testing things with her). I could've sworn there were more lite ones. :I

I don't know if I want to continue with my append for now because
a) it's hard to find songs to cover with it and
b) I want to work on Italian. But that will also be hard to find songs for! * n * Lolnooneisgoingtousethisbankever

Also planning on giving his regular bank a full redo because it sucks. I'll wait for the new reclist, though.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sorry to be random...but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to tweak Ongaku's voicebank (and by tweak I mean oto.ini) because I failed at doing them :C?

deactivated

Teto's Territory
Ant link said:
I can wait, I have tons of projects started already so I don't know if I'll have time to use him soon.

@Cdra; Aw, I liked what I heard of soledi's English. It's better than mine at least. > w <
Also, this video:
CV VC Tips - 1. Recording

If Kori's all done, can I have him? I won't post anything until you decide to officially release him, if you want.

Do you know if Cherry and Jani are going to be released soon? I love them to death. ; n ;

On the topic of released lite banks, natalie summer is lite. Only her VCs are kinda strangely pronounced (I believe CZ was still testing things with her). I could've sworn there were more lite ones. :I

I don't know if I want to continue with my append for now because
a) it's hard to find songs to cover with it and
b) I want to work on Italian. But that will also be hard to find songs for! * n * Lolnooneisgoingtousethisbankever

Also planning on giving his regular bank a full redo because it sucks. I'll wait for the new reclist, though.

I asked najeci recently to use Jani, she said Jani was scrapped and she's starting over with a new mic. idk about Cherry

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Anyone ever try to use Ran's english? I just downloaded it and...

wat.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=4181.msg31134#msg31134 date=1354586594]
Anyone ever try to use Ran's english? I just downloaded it and...

wat.

Yeah, that's as far as I got, too XD;;
[/quote]

Ahh. I was trying to start basic and do the first few lines of I=Fantasy, buuuut... "eah fanaseah"

I was hoping someone would know. Eh, I give up.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
For a new topic within this topic.....

How do you think CV VC English fares when compared to engloids (especially the V3 voicebanks coming out)?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
ooh, toughie. Uhhm, I think that if the quality is reaaally high, like CZ, Halt and Lizett, then they're probably at least on par with or better than Sweet Ann. Assuming you really take time to work on them. Vocaloid offers ease of use, but with some effort I think UTAU can beat it out. Certainly better than the V1s.

On the subject of LITE UTAUs, I forgot all about Piper K.
[UTAU CVVC English] Starlight Keeper (short ver)[Piper k. +VB download]

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
^ literally flailing. I didn't know that had happened! I've been excited ever since the "someone I used to know" demo.

EDIT: Wait, I can comment on the other bit! Well, I think that pronunciation is better in UTAU. We have a better variety of accent, more control over phonemes, some mild triphone-ness (well, you can catch the transition of the sound with a VC on the previous notes, which is nice. I'm not sure what the VOCALOID engine does...)

UTAU tends to be haunted by background noise, while VOCALOID has more production value.

VOCALOID does things automatically like ending sounds, blending sounds, whatever. With UTAU, you can put some elbow grease into it, and you have more control over what's happening.

V1 has resonance parameter, which can change the pronunciation of vowels.

I feel like I should tie those ideas together somehow...oh well.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
ooh, toughie. Uhhm, I think that if the quality is reaaally high, like CZ, Halt and Lizett, then they're probably at least on par with or better than Sweet Ann. Assuming you really take time to work on them. Vocaloid offers ease of use, but with some effort I think UTAU can beat it out. Certainly better than the V1s.

On the subject of LITE UTAUs, I forgot all about Piper K.
[UTAU CVVC English] Starlight Keeper (short ver)[Piper k. +VB download]

Engloids are more easy to use than CV VC EN utauloids? I thought it would have been more complicated lol.  I downloaded Piper like a week ago. For some reason he reminds me of Oliver in some way.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Doesn't he? I thought I was the only one who thought that. I love the soft quality of his voice.

Well, with Engloids all you do is enter lyrics (if you're lazy like me. :I). No worrying about the length of VCs, consonant velocity, etc.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
Well, with Engloids all you do is enter lyrics (if you're lazy like me. :I). No worrying about the length of VCs, consonant velocity, etc.

how do you do that
I've had Tonio and I could never do that. and everyone keeps saying that you can i don't understand

I think with Vocaloids they have far better editing options (Or maybe it's just that I've never heard a CV VC UTAU have extensive pitchbend editing). Though very few people know how to utilize them. But CV VC like I've said makes way more sense in terms of phonetics (Since I'm used to Tonio's crazy ones because I can't do this magical word thing you mention).