Decided on the Snowball ICE for UTAU, comments on personal use?

TakeruInudo

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So me & my fiance' decided to get the Snowball ICE first and later move towards getting a Shure (PG42 USB I wasn't to say? It's the same mic that both Jack & Markiplier use atm ((at the same time I couldn't find any usb versions of this Shure available so this was another reason why we went with the snowball ICE)) ).

For those that have used both the 'Blue Snowball' & 'Blue Snowball ICE' for UTAU I wanted your comments on it & maybe some samples, what was the pros & cons that you experienced with this microphone. Is there any quirks I should watch out for? Any form of comment will be both helpful & appreciated.

Reactions: HoneyPai

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
My utau, Danny Hakaine, has been recorded with a Blue Snowball, but I bought it because it was a second hand mic and I payed it 30€. At the same price of a new one you can buy better microphones, but I'm not an expert and I can be wrong, so wait for someone who knows anything more than me ;3

Reactions: Kiyoteru

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I think the Blue Snowball and snowball ice are really nice mics, especially when you find their sweet spots.
For a sample of the blue snowball, I highly recommend you look at AL!CE.16

I have an ice
Some pros, I'd say the quality, easy to use, not hard to get used to, the mic part itself can be tilted up and down so that helps.

Not many cons, but occasionally while I'm recording, it'll screw up samples by randomly popping at times.
It handles raspy voices fairly well
https://m.soundcloud.com/xxhoneypiexx/f3-test-nullmakne-nitton

I haven't had any problems with it aside from the weird buzzing/popping
^^