public double GetLength(int bpm) {
//using quarter note as a reference for calculation
int qNotePx = 100;
int qNoteMillis = 60000 / bpm;

double NoteLengthFactor = this.Width / qNotePx;

return qNoteMillis * NoteLengthFactor;
}

Looks about right.

Now, I know im a dum dum for this, but how do I get build 5? Was I supposed to download the .zip? If so, which file was I supposed to open XD

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Looks about right.

Now, I know im a dum dum for this, but how do I get build 5? Was I supposed to download the .zip? If so, which file was I supposed to open XD
To download build 5 (or whatever the lastest build is), click the button that says "Download ZIP" at the right hand side of the page, then extract it. Now browse to FluidCmd\bin\debug\ and run fluidcmd.exe.

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To download build 5 (or whatever the lastest build is), click the button that says "Download ZIP" at the right hand side of the page, then extract it. Now browse to FluidCmd\bin\debug\ and run fluidcmd.exe.
Ok thanks!

Now ima play with it and see what happens :}

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you make any good modifications while playing with it, do me a favor and gimme an upload.
I'll see if I can do anything, although I probably won't be able to do a whole lot apart from making a save button on the GUI or something. Actually, I can probably learn some things from this...Thanks for making this open source ^.^

EDIT: Btw, which version of VS do you use? I have the C# 2010 express but it isn't compatible with the solution/project files (I can only open the .cs ones).

Last edited:

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I'll see if I can do anything, although I probably won't be able to do a whole lot apart from making a save button on the GUI or something. Actually, I can probably learn some things from this...Thanks for making this open source ^.^

EDIT: Btw, which version of VS do you use? I have the C# 2010 express but it isn't compatible with the solution/project files (I can only open the .cs ones).
I use Visual Studio community 2013, you might need to upgrade to it (it's free) to open the solution. Also I hope you can learn from this (although be warned, the code isn't that great)!

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ooooh ok. Yeah, I tried to download that once, but the installer kept getting stuck. Maybe I jus needed to reboot, ill try it again.

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This looks so good! I need to try out the testing builds some time but i should really be studying cough cough

Oh, also! A bit off topic but I see some people complaining about the UTAU GUI being too bright. There's this application called UTAUCOLOR which you can use to change the GUI colours, and it gives you some presets - one of which allows it to look like Vocaloid.

But anyway, I'm really excited for this! english support. im sold

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Ooooh ok. Yeah, I tried to download that once, but the installer kept getting stuck. Maybe I jus needed to reboot, ill try it again.
Be REALLY patient with that installer, as it has to download ~8GB of data as it installs (it really is huge - don't install on a small disk!).
This looks so good! I need to try out the testing builds some time but i should really be studying cough cough

Oh, also! A bit off topic but I see some people complaining about the UTAU GUI being too bright. There's this application called UTAUCOLOR which you can use to change the GUI colours, and it gives you some presets - one of which allows it to look like Vocaloid.

But anyway, I'm really excited for this! english support. im sold
The testing builds are so early there's nothing exiting about them really. But please try them out and see if you can get them to work!

iro

Momo's Minion
Oh man this looks awesome and fascinating ~ Wish I could help but all I can do is wish you good luck for now ! (still gonna download the builds and play a little bit around lmao)

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
UPDATE 6/28/2015:
I'ts been a little while since I've checked in here, but I'm pretty stuck development wise. Right now I've got 2 things that NEED to be done, but I just can't figure out. That is the note volume envelopes, and now trying to get delete/move functionality implemented. I doubt anybody could help, but here's some links for the source code in case you want to take a look:

https://github.com/KineticIsEpic/fluid-vocal/blob/master/FluidUI/Roll.xaml.cs << Source for roll control
https://github.com/KineticIsEpic/fluid-vocal/tree/master/wavmod << wavmod

https://github.com/KineticIsEpic/fluid-vocal/ << main project (I posted this before but putting it here for convenience)

btw build 6 is almost ready although not much has changed. Build 6 adds a new note style and a (flaky) bpm control to the GUI.

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Have you seen https://naudio.codeplex.com? Its an open source .NET audio library which is designed for making working with audio simpler. It might help you with your envelope problem, although Im not certain about all it can do yet.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
WavMod is based around nAudio. The problem is figuring out how to envelope with it.

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
Can't wait for this! I like programming, but I'd never be able to do anything this scale, not yet at least! :D

Just a question, is the file size going to be smaller with future builds, because I have very limited disk space, and can't download such a big file.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Can't wait for this! I like programming, but I'd never be able to do anything this scale, not yet at least! :D

Just a question, is the file size going to be smaller with future builds, because I have very limited disk space, and can't download such a big file.
The download size from GitHub is much larger than the binary itself due to data files from visual studio. The binaries are tiny.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Ok, I'm not going to be able to work on this any time soon. Fluid will have to be put a side for a while now. Sorry