Has anyone ever tried a duet UTAU?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
So today I was thinking, what if two people shared a mic and recorded at EXACTLY the same time for each of the notes, both at the same pitch? It would be like an instant duet. Has anyone tried this (or would like to try it for the sake of fresh-nicity :D)? I want to do it myself but:

A. I don't have anyone to record with, and the person would have to sound good with your voice. I think male + female would sound the best.
B. My mic is garbage so it would come out terrible regardless.

Any thoughts? Would this work? Of course, it's just an idea after all.

Oh, and they would have cool matchy designs, too.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hm, so it has been tried before. I'll have to download the voicebank and see how they recorded the samples. Maybe something can be done about the scratchiness.

Edit: Oh, they used a big group of voices. Interesting. I think it'd sound smoother and less like screamo utaus if there were only two, softer voices.

Aline

Teto's Territory
Not in the same pitch with different voicers, but I've seen UTAUs using multi-voicing techniques for their samples before. La Zimakkie, undefined.exe and TATARI are good examples of it.

Though, I remember there was a project called UTA-CAPPELA's that reunited 37 UTAU voicebanks in one? I don't remember how it was done, but...

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
So that's how TATARI sounds like that.

Edit: did some tests just be throwing two already existing UTAUs' voices into one wav file, came out icky. Oh well, it was a neat idea in theory, I guess.

Shine

Teto's Territory
Thats a interesting concept!

I've wondered once...what would happen If each sample for a UTAU was recorded by a different person? Like, I record /ka/, my friend records /ke/, my other friend records /ki/ and so on...(like, oh well, I needed lots of friends XD)...how would the resultes be? Would it sound strange, like, completly offkey? Demon sounding?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
That a cool idea too. I bet that one is actually doable.

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
Shine link said:

I've wondered once...what would happen If each sample for a UTAU was recorded by a different person? Like, I record /ka/, my friend records /ke/, my other friend records /ki/ and so on...(like, oh well, I needed lots of friends XD)...how would the resultes be? Would it sound strange, like, completly offkey? Demon sounding?
That one's been tried. I think they called it NAU?

Shine

Teto's Territory
Asteriski link said:
[quote author=Shine link=topic=2378.msg18118#msg18118 date=1340543394]

[/quote]

NAU? I've never heard that name xD I'll google it.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Asteriski link said:
[quote author=Shine link=topic=2378.msg18118#msg18118 date=1340543394]

[/quote]

Ooh, that's so cool. :D It would be awesome to do with everyone on UF.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I've thought of things like this before. Nice to know I'm not just insane. <u>

I like thinking about all the different things you could do to record an UTAU. I had this idea about recording an UTAU while hiccuping, and making a voicebank that randomly hiccups. XD

Edit: ....kay I'm really not sure why some parts of this post are underlined randomly. It won't go away. D8