How can I make my UTAU have fast pronunciation?

The_Fish_God

Teto's Territory
Supporter
    First of all, I apologize if there is a post similar to this, but i couldn't find it when I searched for it. Second, sorry if this is a newb-ish question...

The only problem I'm having with making an UTAU is having the pronunciation said fast and clearly. For example, in the song "Trick and Treat," the lyrics should sound like:
"do o shi ta no so n na me de ka ra da wo fu ru wa se te" but instead, it sounds more like:
" do mu shh ta no ss n na m dt ka ra de mwa fu ru l s te"
Im pretty confident I oto'd it correctly (it's a cv vb) and the recordings themselves are pretty clear even though the consonants drag on a bit.

What can i do to fix this? do I have to re-record my voicebank?

(sorry i can't link an example, i have no idea how to)

heelp?  :sad:

The_Fish_God

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Hmf. I had a feeling it was a oto.ini problem, but according to tortoiseshel's link, the pink area is the area that doesn't get stretched. Could it be that the pink area is so long that that is whats causing the problem? (most pink areas are about 0.3 seconds long)

Because Iv'e matched up the oto.ini just like it says to in the other post (except the overlap is probably not set to 60... but does that change anything?)

Other than those questions, thank you so much Halo and Tortoiseshel for your responses! I was afraid they would never be answered
  :uhm:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Actually, the only thing that could really cause it is the preutterance (red line) not being in the correct spot.
It needs to go right where the vowel starts.

And as for the pink bar, that just needs to be over the consonant.

Oh, possibly... Did you clear the UST?

The_Fish_God

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Yeah, I just read a post on clearing the UST yesterday. That might have been the problem too.

The pink area/bar needs to end where the vowel stays constant though...

And I will try clearing my UST in UTAU AFTER I get back from school...

and YAY for consonant velocity, I'm glad they had that! What time is it? *Checks time*  :holy--: GTGTOSCHOOLSAYONARA! (I'll tell you if the problem is fixed later today)

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Well, yeah. I was just trying to make sure you had the right idea for the pink bar, and you remember it better than I do haha.

It was probably not clearing the UST, hon, since when you don't clear it, no matter how good your oto settings are, they won't be applied to the UST  :wink:

Good luck with this song, I hope it turns out well~!

The_Fish_God

Teto's Territory
Supporter
Yeah, not clearing the UST was part of the problem, my UTAU Is pronouncing everything better now, and I realized my oto's were not very good...

I think I should re-record my voicebank anyway because I sang some of the samples really sloppy in the first place, and I didn't use a piece of cloth to prevent some of the consonants from "popping" so then there's that... maybe it was the fact I was a newb and recorded the samples REALLY LOUDLY (because when I sing well, I tend to do to much volume.)

These things take planning  :-_-: Thanks so much for all of your help! And I hope the song goes well too! I learned so much!