No resampler works for my UTAU

Pixel Doll

Momo's Minion
I have tried about 12 Resamplers, and EVERY single one makes my UTAU sound like a chipmunk. All high and squeaky. This has to be something I'm doing wrong, right? Because that makes no sense that all of them do that. They either do that high chipmunk voice, or play nothing at all. But normally it's the first thing.

Any help, guys? I'm new to this. (:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
1. Check the flags in the ust you're using. It's either in project properties, then rendering options, or right click on the notes and go to properties. If there are any g flags, those are affecting the sound

2. Check the sample rate of your samples. It should be 44100Hz, use this to convert it if it's not. http://www.voxengo.com/product/r8brain/

Pixel Doll

Momo's Minion
Thank you for the suggestion! Clearing flags but that didn't work. I can't figure out how to even properly download and use that tool, so. I'm pretty lost.

Thanks again. :smile:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
On the page, it's the blue button that says Download 32-bit Windows version (unless you're on mac/linux in which case you won't be able to use it unless it's through wine).

howdownload.png

It shows you right on the page itself how to set up the output file (you want 44100; 16bit; mono = this setting generally works for most resamplers). If it's still squeaky after that, check the frequencies to see if they're messed up. Also check the files themselves to see if they were all recorded on the same pitch (this requires a daw with a tuner built in like studio one free edition).

Last edited:

Pixel Doll

Momo's Minion
On the page, it's the blue button that says Download 32-bit Windows version (unless you're on mac/linux in which case you won't be able to use it unless it's through wine).

View attachment 1330

It shows you right on the page itself how to set up the output file (you want 44100; 16bit; mono = this setting generally works for most resamplers). If it's still squeaky after that, check the frequencies to see if they're messed up. Also check the files themselves to see if they were all recorded on the same pitch (this requires a daw with a tuner built in like studio one free edition).

Thank you very much, both of you! :smile:

Yep! That worked perfectly! I was at 22050Hz before. That explains everything. The resamplers work now. :D

Reactions: Kiyoteru