Opinion on UTAU used by artists not associated with the UTAU community?

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
what's your opinion on this?
know any other artists who use UTAU and are not associated with the community/fandom?

I personally think it's wonderful utau is getting this type of exposure outside of the community/fandom I feel like its sort of refreshing to see what artists not associated with the community/fandom do with utau

artists i know that use utau/voice synths:
-bo en
-maxo
-mus.hiba

utaus ive heard being used (i think)
-defoko
-ami koharune
-raine rena
-sekka yufu

im not good at making threads ok bye

Last edited:
Reactions: HoneyPai

chunter

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Does the person not join the community simply by choosing to use the software, or is there more to it than that?

PS:
boen is an English expat who works and lives in Japan, maxo participates in Battle of the Bits sometimes, like me.

Reactions: sailor _ravioli

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Does the person not join the community simply by choosing to use the software, or is there more to it than that?
i guess it is subjective but by being in the community i was sort of thinking like talking to other utau users promoting your tracks to the fandom etc.

also in reply to your edit
thats pretty neat never knew that about them! might check out battle of the bits too sounds interesting!

chunter

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
While he is a BOTB member, I mixed up Maxo with Maxvdub. Unless they're alt accounts, that happens sometimes. Most of BOTB don't do what they do to become famous.

As for boen, he can release on Maltine and get more attention than posting to the forum here can. If you like his music, why not share it here?

It's important to welcome new musicians, that's where the new material for the voices to sing will come from.

Last edited:

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
UPDATE:
found an article on this artist mus.hiba (is somewhat involved in the community i guess) (the only reason i added it was bc his music sounds kind of similar to the artists mentioned in the OP)

Flavio Riama

Teto's Territory
Oh shit I'm getting addiced to Bo En's My Time OwO

Also I don't think it is a problem. But I think they should come to the community to share with us their works. Because they're pretty good!

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think it 's cool when people outside of the overall voca-synth community use the software (and if anything, I'd prefer that they not join - I could see losing potential professional artists/producers due to the childishness and antics of more frequent individuals).

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think it 's cool when people outside of the overall voca-synth community use the software (and if anything, I'd prefer that they not join - I could see losing potential professional artists/producers due to the childishness and antics of more frequent individuals).
Nice point about what you say about the childishness of the community I could see that happening if they ever decided to join

Last edited:

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I wanna say "isn't this how almost all of us started?"
But maybe some people did start using utau and immediately joined the community.
So I don't have much of an opinion, more as I think it's normal if that makes sense?
I would agree in saying it would be best not to join the community
But it's 50/50 for me, you don't join: gets pretty lonely, asking random people for help, this isn't a bad thing but ya know, ya get lonely. If join, yea people do act childish but I feel you don't have to deal with it unless you join forums or other group things
But even then you don't have to pay any mind to it unless you want to

This was probably a confusing read
D;

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's not like we have to shield our precious software baby from the public, so I'm happy when other artists use the tech. Sometimes, people who use this tech who aren't a part of the traditional community have the coolest ideas.

As long as they follow the legal rules and don't use someone else's bank or voice without permission.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I don't know how anyone could see this as a bad thing. I mean, it's software for making music. The fact that actual musicians are using it is Flippin' great. Chances are, musicians using Utau are interested in using it for just what it is - a synthesizer. If they want to get into characters and Fandom and stuff then great, but if not then there's absolutely no reason to put them down for using Utau just to use it. If you treat them bad it just isolates the Utau scene from music in general - which is already happening more than it should. To put this in perspective, this would be like saying anyone who uses FL Studio must be part of a specified community, have FL Chan all over their music , and that community would shun everyone who isn't part of it.

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'd say its rather hard to get UTAU banks legitimately without at least briefly witnessing the community. Especially if you are looking for english content. If they happen to not like it...that's not really a loss. Good musicians don't neccesarily need to be with our group to promote UTAU as a software, which will direct other people to it, who will also witness the fandom if they happen to need help or need english material.

Being a part of the community doesn't make so much of a difference as to whether they follow TOS or not. It depends on how much they care to read them. If this bothers you...don't make VBs?

So my opinion is heck yeah, more power to them.