oto(?) issue

Discussion in 'UtaHelp' started by ShindaSuzume, Jul 29, 2020.

1. ShindaSuzume

ShindaSuzume Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    im not sure if this has been asked, and if it has, i couldnt find it
    so i made a library and oto'd everything. they all sound fine besides wa, i cant figure out whats wrong but whenever it plays it makes a distorted growly noise
    im not sure but i think i mightve messed on the oto'ing or something? i really dont know what caused this and ive been trying to fix it but it still makes a weird growl

atomicreih likes this.
  3. atomicreih

atomicreih Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    There are different types of consonants, and some require different types of OTOing. Are you doing a VCV or CV voicebank? At the end of this CV guide, there is a part about "smooth consonants" which might be useful. "Wa" is basically the diphthong "ua", so it should be treated more like a combination of two vowels than a consonant when OTOing, same with the sound "ya" being basically "ia". If you're doing a VCV voicebank, it might help to search for OTOing tutorials that specify these different types of consonants or just check the voicebank settings of another UTAU to see how it's done. Best wishes!

4. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    You may be encountering an FRQ error. If you check the OTO after trying to play the sample in UTAU, and there's a jagged orange line going through the waveform instead of a straight orange line, this is the case. Here's a guide on fixing FRQ errors. https://utaforum.net/resources/frq-file-editing-guide.8/

atomicreih likes this.
  5. ShindaSuzume

ShindaSuzume Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    CV and i don't think that was my problem but thanks for replying w i had a few other similar sounds in the vb but they were all fine.

[QUOTE="Kiyoteru, post: 144020, member: 884"... jagged orange line going through the waveform instead of a straight orange line, this is the case. [/QUOTE]

Thank you, im not home at the moment but i think this was the issue. when i was oto'ing i noticed wa had a weird broken line going all over it instead of just through the centre.

atomicreih likes this.