STEP BY STEP: Setting up a page on UTAU wiki for you UTAUloid...

redwolf21

Teto's Territory
I've tried google.  And I've tried searching up a topic like this here.. But I can't seem to find a STEP BY STEP tutorial on how to set up a page on the UTAU wiki.

I'm sure that this question has been asked numerous times on the internet (or at least, I ask myself this numerous times xD), but I just can't seem to find a good answer to it.
I am deathly afraid of messing everything up terribly and having everybody yelling at me and just all sorts of random things go down.

I already have a template... that I think I filled out correctly (that is not a good answer.. xD ).  The template is this one here http://rotb.piiym.net/polygloid/profiler.htm and I filled it out to the best of my ability and generated the page, but what do I do after that?  I don't want to mess anything up =w=...

If anybody could help, I would really appreciate it! 

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hm, what I did was I just copied somebody else's, replaced the info and posted it. Just double check that you did everything and don't have any trace of the old UTAU. Don't be so worried about messing up.

redwolf21

Teto's Territory
To post it though, did you create a new page?  I wasn't sure how to actual get the page to set up.  Do you just go to the UTAUloids page and click "Add a Page"? 
It's a silly question, but from there it looks strange, so I wasn't sure =w=

redwolf21

Teto's Territory
Ah, thank you :smile:

And then, will it get moved to the UTAUloids section?  I'm trying to figure out how to do that now...

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
*finds this thread* Now that is a useful template! I had trouble trying to make the proper format, myself, so eventually I just gave up...

And do you mean how do you add your UTAU to the right region section? I know that doesn't sound like what you're asking, but I'm hoping you're not saying that you didn't already upload the page on the UTAU wiki...?

redwolf21

Teto's Territory
Um, I hope I didn't so something wrong...
Okay, so this is as exact as I can mean with my explanation.
1. So, after I posted this, I worked on that template I found.  I filled it out completely and generated the page.
2. I added a page on the UTAU wikia and then I put the information on there.  So yes, there is a page set up for my UTAUloid.
3. Yes, I'm trying to get my UTAUloid on that region thing.  This page right here: http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/UTAUloids

I hope I didn't do something wrong D:
It seems like I made a mistake though, with the way that you answered the thread.... It seems like you're saying that I shouldn't have uploaded it yet D:

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hmm...for that page, I'm not entirely sure. Don't quote me on this, but I think maybe you just go to edit for the section that you want, copy/paste the code from one of the UTAUs already on there, then replace the name, link, and photo with your UTAU's...? Sorry, I'm not too sure. But I see a lot of UTAUs on there who belong to someone here, so perhaps you could ask someone who's done it?

Oh, but don't worry about  what I said! I misunderstood you, is all. It sounds like you've done everything right so far. I had hoped to be a little bit more help, because I thought you were trying to add your UTAU to a category in the 'overseas voicebanks'...THAT, I figured out.

Sorry, I don't know all that much about wikis, though! :/

redwolf21

Teto's Territory
Ah, okay :3
Thank you for the help though. 
Could you tell me how to add the UTAU to the 'overseas voicebanks' though?  I didn't think that was something I could do.

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's actually really simple. Copy the link of your UTAU's page. Then go to the page you want to add your UTAU to. They should all be listed from A-Z, so go to whatever letter your UTAU's first name starts with...and there should be an 'edit'. Once you're in the editor there should be a link button kind of like the ones on here, so click it, paste the link to your page and type the title as your UTAU's name.

That's what I did. Hope that wasn't confusing, or anything. I'm not very good at typing directions. ^^;