The VCCV English Discourse

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Diphthongs can blend very smoothly as long as they are otoed well. But that may be too much to explain cleanly here.

EDIT: font makes it hard to see. is that an L?

Yoichi-Masaki

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
@partial humm.. in all VB's or just your own? I have some trouble getting "AA" "AA" and "II" "II" to blend when they are really long (My VCCV has VCV english vowels)

Reactions: partial
P

partial

Diphthongs can blend very smoothly as long as they are otoed well. But that may be too much to explain cleanly here.

EDIT: font makes it hard to see. is that an L?
it is an L!

@partial humm.. in all VB's or just your own? I have some trouble getting "AA" "AA" and "II" "II" to blend when they are really long (My VCCV has VCV english vowels)
All vbs I've tried. There is this small robotic hiccup with L sounds and I can't work around it, so I try not to use L blending at all. This is only for CC L notes, like connecting [lch]/[l ch] to [9l].

edit: like [9l] [lch]

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's from the unnatural and fast sample recording. It can't crossfade properly.

Just go without if it gives you issues. Or try the P0 flag to remove loudness normalization.

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Just something that I want to express: you know how back then recording in Japanese VCV was only for crazies? I want to shoutout to everyone who has recorded multipitch VCCV. You guys are the ultimate crazies and I love you all. Godspeed.
What if I told you...that I'm soon releasing a VCCV Bipitch for Sora

P

partial

It's from the unnatural and fast sample recording. It can't crossfade properly.

Just go without if it gives you issues. Or try the P0 flag to remove loudness normalization.
I do my best to go without. Does that P0 flag work with moresampler?

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Speaking of unnatural and fast sample recording, this is why Abby's new voicebank is recorded completely different from what we are told. I have ryan-kun otoing the first scale and I can't wait to see how it sounds. My method allowed for me to enunciate those consonants. I think using different BGM in oremo also helps.

Reactions: Nohkara and partial
P

partial

Speaking of unnatural and fast sample recording, this is why Abby's new voicebank is recorded completely different from what we are told. I have ryan-kun otoing the first scale and I can't wait to see how it sounds. My method allowed for me to enunciate those consonants. I think using different BGM in oremo also helps.
I'm interested in seeing this bank. Truth be told, I am probably the least creative person when it comes to reclists or differentiating, so this would probably be neat for me to see. I wonder how it will sound.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm interested in seeing this bank. Truth be told, I am probably the least creative person when it comes to reclists or differentiating, so this would probably be neat for me to see. I wonder how it will sound.

Ryan-kun should be done with it by next week, so we will see. If I like it, I will release it as a beta.

P

partial

Ryan-kun should be done with it by next week, so we will see. If I like it, I will release it as a beta.
Fingers crossed!

So, I have a question for anyone who wants to answer.
I previously asked how everyone felt about hearing the VCCV demos way back when, but how did you guys feel when creating your own banks (or if you're currently creating one), and did you like the results? Do you think the bank sounded like you?

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Do you think the bank sounded like you?
Yes and no. At first, I thought Sora was a direct representation of my voice, however, nowadays I think one could hear the difference; I think one reason is that I pronounced some samples probably too hard or bc i just can't use english for jack sh*t but also because I tend to use Sora in higher octaves, and my natural voice is my lower register.

P

partial

Yes and no. At first, I thought Sora was a direct representation of my voice, however, nowadays I think one could hear the difference; I think one reason is that I pronounced some samples probably too hard or bc i just can't use english for jack sh*t but also because I tend to use Sora in higher octaves, and my natural voice is my lower register.
Interesting. That was one thing I noticed with TYPE A as well; I can hear the difference between us. I think one reason for that is, the VCCV bank he currently has wasn't recorded at a specific pitch, so the pitches differ a lot through the recordings. Some samples sounds way more girlish than I ever naturally would. That's why I'm redoing him.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Fingers crossed!

So, I have a question for anyone who wants to answer.
I previously asked how everyone felt about hearing the VCCV demos way back when, but how did you guys feel when creating your own banks (or if you're currently creating one), and did you like the results? Do you think the bank sounded like you?

I was so excited when the reclist was released and I had fun recording my bank. I think I recored 75% in one day and finished the rest the next. I had ryan-kun oto that one too. Because I had Abby on a CVVC that I oto.ini myself, she sucked, so I felt so happy that she sounded clearer. At the time, I thought she was amazing, but then when I started trying to have her cover songs, I realized she was hard to use :/. For example:

Here, I think her voice is ok

Here, her voice is ridiculous

She recieved a positive response of NND for her My impulse cover. Lisenting back to that, she only sounded good with the chorus.I'm not gonna lie tho, I rushed with her voice and didn't make consistant recordings.

With her new bank I'm going now, I feel more confident because I took the time to record and also added in my own samples. With my new Jazz inspired voicebank, I'm also exited because

1. I found some awesome BGM that doesn't bore me with recording and helps my accent
2. Its a new utau for me....unless she sounds like Abby, then I'll just make it an append :p

Abby sounds nothing like me, at least thats what I think. I like that however.

P

partial

Here, her voice is ridiculous

I do like Makkusan's USTs, but the pronunciation is always really awkward when I use them with my bank. I have to edit the UST specially for my bank. (Though everyone does, hoh hoh.)

1. I found some awesome BGM that doesn't bore me with recording and helps my accent
2. Its a new utau for me....unless she sounds like Abby, then I'll just make it an append :p

Abby sounds nothing like me, at least thats what I think. I like that however.
New BGM for VCCV? That sounds really neat, I'm curious.
And I think it's really great when an UTAU sounds like its vp; but it's just as cool if it doesn't.
My new VCCV in progress sounds a lot more like me than my released one does. I'm kind of excited to get to the end result, but I also don't want to rush it.

Reactions: OngakuCD

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Quick question, how do ya'll feel about the vowels 9 and x? To me, they sound exactly the same to a and I feel like I waste time recording samples with those vowels. The same for 6 too. Do you exempt them from your recordings or are you able to pronounce them correctly?

P

partial

Quick question, how do ya'll feel about the vowels 9 and x? To me, they sound exactly the same to a and I feel like I waste time recording samples with those vowels. The same for 6 too. Do you exempt them from your recordings or are you able to pronounce them correctly?
To me, a and 9 sound exactly the same. The x I can pronounce pretty well, I think.

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
a and 9 sorta depend on your particular accent. Some American English accents merge the two, pronouncing them both as a, but some don't.

6 is kinda important though. its the difference between "pool" (p o l) and "pull" (p 6 l), "shooed" (sh o d) and "should" (sh 6 d)

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
6 is tricky for me because I always end up pronouncing it as u. I need to put actual words in the reclist so my brain wont cause me to say something else.
[doublepost=1509798750][/doublepost]
To me, a and 9 sound exactly the same. The x I can pronounce pretty well, I think.

x is the most awkward sound for me to reproduce and I would hate to see what my face looks like when I'm struggling to sound decent.