UST's are always majorly off-time when mixing.

P

partial

And I don't mean I can't match the start with the original song.

it's just that, always, USTs seem to unsync with the original timing at some point, and so if half of the song matches, the other half doesnt. This happens with every UST I use, and it's very annoying. I don't think it's an actual ust problem but more of a rendering issue??

Does anyone else have this problem?

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I do too. :sad:

It syncs well on most parts, then at one point, it's a second off because it seems a note was made a bit too long OTL
Syncing specific parts can become quite annoying, but I don't really mind since I could just clip out the off-beat part and place it correctly (I don't know the proper terms send help); it's the 'it-s-a-millisecond-too-long' note that makes me want to pull my hair and cringe while listening to it (hence why I don't listen to my own covers after sharing hahaha)

Reactions: Nohkara and RenzoA
P

partial

Well, glad to know it isn't just me!

It happens even with my /own/ UST files for originals and such. Drives me nuts!

taigz

dead
Defender of Defoko
I did experience that and it's annoying. One part is off time and you fix it but then the next part should've been on time if you hadn't moved the first part and you have to fix it again. That was annoying. Happens a lot to me with Blessed Messiah and the Tower of AI. I don't think it was the UST, I think it was the rendering but still. :P

Reactions: partial
P

partial

That sounds like maybe an oto issue or maybe not clearing the ust and hitting reset > p2p3.
It isn't a matter of a slurry oto, as everything sounds clear, it's just....there's always a time where my UTAU render becomes off by half a measure or so, even if I import a MIDI and render it into a wav. If I play said render against the MIDI, there is always a delay somewhere in the UST (even though it matches perfectly in UTAU, bar by bar.)

edit: I should've mentioned it isn't just for one UTAU - it's for any that I try, even with the UST fitted to them.

It's always just the end render that's off. Comparing notes of a MIDI and a UST, they're the same and sound on time in UTAU. But the render is always not on time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disty

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Nope. I use presamp or autocvvc.
Does the UST still do that when you run it through a bank that doesn't require a converter being used? If it works fine before the converter and not after, then there might be something up with either you missing samples or the converter itself.

P

partial

Does the UST still do that when you run it through a bank that doesn't require a converter being used? If it works fine before the converter and not after, then there might be something up with either you missing samples or the converter itself.
It's still the same even with no converter used.
It's not that notes aren't playing, it's that it goes off time by anywhere between a bar to a whole quarter note in the DAW. It sounds right in UTAU itself, but it's like there's some extra invisible rests in the output render.

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
It's still the same even with no converter used.
It's not that notes aren't playing, it's that it goes off time by anywhere between a bar to a whole quarter note in the DAW. It sounds right in UTAU itself, but it's like there's some extra invisible rests in the output render.
I have the same problem, try checking the consonant velocity, I left it blank and the song's timing fixed

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
My consonant velocity is usually blank, though.
same here, didnt work for my latest cover sorry ORZ
[doublepost=1491395729][/doublepost]now it is not allowing me to render at all, every render gives me an error in the header of the file -_-