UTAU English VCCV 2015

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh man, as a reclist wizard myself I'd feel obligated to back too... but I don't got that much monies...

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@PaintedCz
A new question popped into my head. So here it is:
In terms of encoding, eg a, @ , e etc ; how similar or not similar is your VCCV list from CVVC list. Like will I have to learn a new system of numbers and letters and symbols that mean new things.
Also how hard do you think it will be going from CVVC to VCCV in terms of understanding what's what?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
@PaintedCz
In terms of encoding, eg a, @ , e etc ; how similar or not similar is your VCCV list from CVVC list. Like will I have to learn a new system of numbers and letters and symbols that mean new things.
Also how hard do you think it will be going from CVVC to VCCV in terms of understanding what's what?

AFAIK, nothing has been changed in that area. There's new stuff added, and the combinations are different, but the actual encoding>phoneme meanings have not been shuffled at all.
Cz might pop out of the woodwork and clarify, but I'm pretty certain this is correct. :smile:

Also, last time I had a chance to check, transitioning from CVVC to VCCV seemed really self-explanatory. As mentioned, though, Cz should be releasing tutorials, so you won't be alone in trying to understand how to work it!

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Halo, thanks for the explanation, though I'll keep my ear out if Cz, says anything.

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
@PaintedCz

It's probably about as similar as it is different. It's still using my phonetic system, some of which has changed since first released a list 3 years ago. Sounds have been added, sounds have been removed, sounds have new alias. "tth" is now "dh", "U" is just "yo", stuff like that.

The way you record, the oto, and the USTing process changed the most. The recording is done in OREMO with a certain style of BGM. The oto comes with a base that I recommend editing with setparam, the process is pretty fast and easy now. UST making is much less "guess and check" than it was before, and I'm going to be making tutorials to show how to go about doing it. It's more complicated in that there's more you need to do in the UST, but less complicated because once you have the technique working right, everything sounds good the first time you enter it in. :3

The biggest change is that there are 3 sets of different CVs, 3 sets of different VCs and like 5 sets of different CCs depending on how complicated you want to make it.
_CV, -CV, CV, V C, VC, VC-, -CC, CC, C C, CC, CC-
Which looks like a mess, I know. But trust me it's not. It's really useful and makes a lot more sense when you're working with it.

I think it will be easy to learn and use for anyone with some experience with CVVC, but I'm going to aim the tutorials to someone who's never seen any of my lists or methods before. :3
Basically, even after all of what I've told you here, I have a lot more that I'm working with and testing. But I've sort of paused in my quest for seeing exactly how far I can take English in UTAU, to step back a bit and find a combination of things that creates the best result, with the least amount of work, so I can release a list that I'm confident will work much better than the pile of crazy I dropped on you all 3 years ago. XD

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
welp looks like the usage of OREMO will now be necessary for me...

Can't wait for the release! Any changes on about when the release date will be?

Reactions: Zarsla

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Any updates? :o
THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME.

Description:
Original: Kenji-B www.youtube.com/watch?v=czHGGKr1aCQ
Midi: Zurui/Sanju
Tuning: me! ( actually a lot of tuning for once)
Resampler: TIPS
Mixing: me!
Art: BagelHero (i love you, halo ;; )

Hi! I did this song for the tutorials I'm making. I'm a bit behind schedule(hahaha, what else is new)this time because my computer is having some pretty serious issues, and I actually have food poisoning right now.
SO.
Hopefully end of April? haha... Time. I'm trying to release with EVERYTHING. And just- a lot of things still need to come together. The Reclist and CZ however, are done.
I'm releasing her with one pitch, and will be working on more after that. And if you're still reading this and want to hear what it sounds like when CZ and I sing together, go listen to this:app.box.com/s/y4u337rdr3trkc3g24s2os9erurxt0az

Last edited:

OMGPingu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
omgomgomgogmgomgomgomgomgg that cover sounds so coooool ;u;

I'm excited for the release! Sorry about you being food poisoned :/ Hope you get better soon! ^-^

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Waiting, I'll come back on Friday aka May 1st. (and maybe my mic will come early and be here by then). Also CZ sounds different.l
@PaintedCz I hope you feel better and your computer issues are resolved.

Also in other news: VCCV ENG was the motivation for me to buy a usb mic, since I only have 2-in-1 mic/headphone jack.

Last edited:

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
what nooooooooooooooo no moreeee i cant wait any moreeeeeee haha i have no more utau projects until vccv comes out ive finished my cv voice vcv voice and have given up on cvvc since its sooo soon now

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
UPDATE TIME.
WHY IS THE END OF APRIL SO MUCH CLOSER THAN I THOUGHT??? WOW.

Sorry guys. :C Time management?? Not my greatest strength. n_n;; ( if you did not already suspect as much)

I also apologize for having a hard time with thing like public relations. I have no idea how to properly keep you all up to date on what is happening. I've never been able to keep a blog running... or to even keep up with forums like these. o_o;;; I'm just... always busy with everything else.

But I am trying!! ^__^
I'll tell you exactly where I am in the process right now:
  • The Reclist. Done.
    • I have finally decided to release with one solid list that I am calling the "CORE" list, that we can all add attachments to later.
    • I also am planning on a "LITE" list to come later that can handle English competently without the accent being as good. (i.e. The CORE list with less vowels.)
  • CZloid's bank. Done.
    • Cz is fully recorded and configured. I still have some minor fixes to make that I've caught while testing, but that wont take much time. The bank is finished.
  • Outline for the tutorials. Done. (Tutorials. Not done.)
    • I am making you guys comprehensive video tutorials so that there is no ambiguity over what this list is, what I've made it for, and how to make use of it. It's lined up to be 6 videos as of now.
    • I'm in the process of scripting each video now.
    • After I get the written part done I am going to have people beta the tutorial before I put my effort full force into the videos themselves.
  • CZloid Art? Not done.
    • Cz is still in a bit of redesign limbo and the person who I have asked to do art for me is quite busy. - While I was just about ready to post this, they informed me that they are freeeeee!!!
    • I had something here about needing art help, but now the art train is finally on it's way!! CHOO CHOO. 8D
  • Terms of use?? Not done.
    • I actually need to start thinking about all of these things from a bit of a legal standpoint and I still need to get my brain around that in general.
  • What is money??? Not done.
    • I am very much looking for a way to turn my hobby into a job of some kind. But do not fear, releasing the CORE list for you all is still top priority.
    • (WELL, my priority list right now is probably more like, 1. SCIENCE 2. You guys. 3. Profit?? )
    • I have literally no idea how to go about doing this. But I'm flailing into the darkness, regardless.
I feel like I'm forgetting something, but there's a bit of my though process for you all! I hope that helps get you a better feel for what I'm doing.

I generally end up working in small bursts where a lot of things get done, and then there's a bit of a down period where I just sort of let the dust settle so I can get a better look at everything before I move on and keep going.

So, when everything is finished... it will probably be sudden, and a bit of a shock to me as well. But it will be done, and I am looking forward to it all just as much as you guys are, I think. :3

And to top it all off, as you guys mentioned, I have been quite sick, and my computer problems are NOT helping me be productive. (Also, some home life drama. I know you all know how that is. o_o; ) (Home life drama also literally just took a turn for the good while I just about to post this! omg!) So these things are slowing me down, but they are far from stopping me.

ALSO. //HUGS YOU ALL.
Thank you for all the support you are giving me. o A o
Real talk though, support levels are definitely leveling out the weight from the other crap that is pulling me down. My motivation is remaining very stable. And motivation is the fuel I need. So I really mean it!!
Thank you all. <3333

Last edited:

orahi_shiro

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Don't worry Cz! You should first take of your health (obviously) and then you'll surely be able to be more productive ovo/
Good luck in releasing the "VCCV Pack" and I'm glad things turned out for good when you were writing this! (*´▽`*)

Reactions: Zarsla and Tema