utau works on one computer but not another

rigby

Momo's Minion
so i oto'd my friends vcv utau for him, and when i was done i checked to make sure it works and sounds good and everything...but then when i sent it to him through google drive, it doesn't work on his computer, and we've been trying to figure out what the issue is pretty much all day.

at this point he's saying that it's not oto'd on his computer. this is actually a problem i've had before..once i was moving computers and i put my old cv voicebank onto google drive to transfer it to my new computer, and it's oto was bla nk so i had to redo it... but the thing is that i tried putting my friend's utau on mediafire instead, and it still isn't working for him.

if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know and i'll relay the message to him. for the record heres what his oto looks on his computer (top) vs what it looks like on mine (bottom)
PaCwlyr.jpg

0mvIFSG.png

thanks in advance!

rigby

Momo's Minion
umm im unsure of the rules on double-posting here, but i just tried downloading the utau from google drive and looking at it, and have determined that its less of a problem with my friend's computer and more of a problem with the download? since the oto looks very very wrong in the download. i dont think i phrased that very well but um. oh well! if anyone knows what causes this or any alternative upload/download websites (other than mediafire since ive already tried that!!) please let me know!! thanks!
[doublepost=1512877843][/doublepost]ok sorry for triple posting but this just keeps getting weirder and weirder....turns out its NOT a problem with the download, but when i look in the folder for my friend's utau and open the oto.ini, it looks very wrong. however, when i look at the same oto.ini for the same utau in the same folder in the utau program, it looks fine? does anyone know what the issue is?

rigby

Momo's Minion
his locale is in japanese!!

either way, we solved the issue!! it was a permissions issue, due to the utau's folder being in my programs directory. i fixed it by saving the oto.ini on my desktop and then moving it into the folder from there? it was really easy but it took so long its kind of depressing tbh. anyways, it's solved and i feel like a fool but at least my friend has his utau!

Reactions: Mochlin

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yea... Windows after 7 requires that UTAU permissions for User (standard account) be set to Full Read/Write or else you run into problems like otos not loading, changes to otos not being saved, etc.

To change permission settings:
- Right Click UTAU parent folder (in Programs/Programs (x86)
- Open Properties
- Go to the Security tab
- In the list presented, scroll down to your username (should have Users next to it) and click Edit
- Give User full rights (read, write, etc. Everything should be checked for allow).
- Click Apply and have it apply to all files and subfolders.

Alternatively, you can set UTAU to always run as Admin or move it from the Program folder to one of your libraries and redirect the shortcut.

Reactions: Kiyoteru