Voiceback reviews

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I decided to open this tiny commission thing to keep myself entertained while I can't work on other stuff. I will do a tiny review about your voicebank if you want to. For nothin' because ot's only a review of a voicebank. Nothing interesting. I do have slots, because I have other things to do and I am not in best health.

As the title says, I will only review your voicebank. Not your design or whatever. If you want me to do a full review like this I will expect something in return. Again, because of my health issues.

If you want me to review your bank, I will at least need a sample. I can be more thorough if I can just mess around with your bank myself though.

Why would you let me review?
1. I reviewed banks for UO.
2. I have a huge collection of voicebanks of any kind. I know my stuff.
3. You will keep me entertained.

So, after sales-talk, have slots:

1. Lulu Onsei
2. Ryouki Raiden
3. Higure Kakou
4. Cecile Belrose
5. Takara Asune

NEW SLOTS!
1. Kyashakoe Chinji
2. Forrest Hetane
3. Kaishi/Kairos Orahi
4. Shin Noeko
5. Mitsuko Kuroine

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hmm...I don't have anything ready for a loooong while, so I won't sign up. But out of curiosity: would you be willing to critique a beta, or is that a different matter?

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
as much as i'd love a review of hekine, her vcv only has romaji vcv aliases so it'd be a butt for you;;
good luck with your reviews!

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@Lemondolly
Sure, I'll get to it after school today.

@Kit Wishful
Yes I'd be interested in that too. You can drop me a message about that through PM, I don't think you'd like to share a beta publicly.

@TheDrunkRecruit
I'll give you a slot!

@UkimeKageku
You'll get a slot too! I understand the feeling of collecting advice before starting a new act.

@TheSnowSongstress
Ah, well with only romaji aliases it might get a bit hard indeed... But thank you!

To everyone: I might not react fast. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS! There are days where I can't be online, so everything might move slow. I hope you'll understand.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'll add you two to the list. Slots are now closed. Please wait until I post these reviews, tomorrow (monday) is the last day of my test period and after that I'll have some more free time.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
First review is done. The tiny review of Onsei Lulu is here:

Onsei Lulu:

Her voice is of great quality. She seems to handle low and high range quite good even if she sounds a bit better in higher notes, and her oto.ini is tuned perfectly. Only critique I can give is that her 'tsu' sample is somewhat quiet (this can be fixed with mixing so not a big issue) and that her r's are weirdly pronounced. A bit English-y.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Second review, Ryouki Raiden, is done. It's below the spoiler.

Ryouki Raiden

He has a nice and deep voice. However the default settings noted in his readme made him sound a bit robotic, so I decided to play around with them. I found out that I really like tn_fnds and TIPS with him. Of course you can completely ignore this and still use still use the old settings. He sounds nice in low and high range, that's good too. However, he misses a couple of samples. Well, actually he misses quite a few of them, if I look over my Oremo-list real quick. Those samples aren't used as often as the ones that are recorded, but some songs still require them so it would be best to record them either way. Also, some samples seem to pop a little, but not too noticeable.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Higure Kakou

Her voice is very clear and seems to have a natural shift in strength between high and low tones. Her oto.ini seems to be great, however in very fast songs she seems to swallow some consonants a little. Also, her 'chi' sample is considerably louder than other samples. This is really noticable when rendering. It can be fixed when mixing a song, but still something to look at I think.

Sorry for the delay. The 3rd review is done.

Also, if you've got any questions regarding these reviews, you can send me a message. I won't bite.

EDIT: 4th review is done too, check it after the spoiler:
Cecile Belrose

CV VC-ish bank, which is very nice. However, because she comes without .frq maps it takes ages for me to render a bit of an .UST with her, which is a shame. Also, she seems to be bi-pitched but has no prefix.map, so I need to add the pitches myself. Adding a prefix.map might make this bank much better, same with .freq maps included in the download. Another thing that would make this bank better is an edited oto.ini. No slight edits, a huge, huge clean-up is needed. After listening to the video you posted I heard that the oyo.ini is much better there, so maybe you should change the download link? I'm not sure what went wrong. Anyhow, much work to be done here.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Last review is done. I'll be opening the slots again, since I very much enjoy doing these tiny reviews.

Takara Asune

He has a nice voice, nothing to complain about. His oto.ini seems to differ in quality, sometimes he's smooth and sometimes he is choppy. He has a slight accent, again easier to notice in some samples, like the oto.ini. Overall I think he's decent, but I would double-check his oto, just in case.

You can read the last review of the first slots above. Thanks for requesting these reviews, I hope they were helpful!

DREWdesu

Teto's Territory
Thanks for the review smeen much appreciated. Hmmm I wonder where the choppy bits are... maybe it could be the recording?

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, it might be the recording. Maybe the samples had a pop in them or something. Because the oto.ini seemed fine otherwise. From what I tested, I remember 'ma' and 'ba' popped in particular.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Excuses for slow updates. My health is failing me. I'll get to these ASAP.