What are some things in UTAU that drive you insane? :)

TakeruInudo

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
thx :smile: my audio is coming out clear again xD so happy now, now im just waiting to get done packing & moving so I can have some quite time to record lol
[doublepost=1456528919][/doublepost]
This isn't UTAU program related, it's more user related.

I hate the abundance of covers. Covers are nice, but doesn't everyone get tired of making them? I wanna see way more original songs. I haven't uploaded a cover onto YT since like December, I've been trying to make my own songs since then.

I know not everyone is great at making music ((heck, I'm not!)) but I often see people wanting P names or to be able to produce original music, so........ why aren't we working towards that goal, y'know?

I know exactly how you feel. I actually have a poem & a song I want to turn into an actually cover but I have no clue in that area & with having a kid you really don't have the time :/ & Ive still yet to find anyone that would work with me into helping me turn them into covers either.

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
vsq has multiple parts on a track
converts vsq to ust
utau triples the length of space between parts

wtf utau

Reactions: luiysia

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Well,
  • I can't stand lazily-made OTOs with the same preutter/overlap values applied to each and every entry, that cause slurry pronunciations. If a note slurs, I fix its oto entry, set a CV value to it and push the STP button;
  • when UTAU forgets your CV values. It depends on the oto (like, you can safely set a value higher than 300 on, let's say, "sa", but "ka" won't accept anything over 180 without forgetting it), but it's still annoying;
  • the fact that there's no software EVEC for UTAU yet.

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
  1. That there isn't a multitrack layout yet.
  2. That that isn't a phoneme system yet.
  3. That UTAU is still bulit on VB6 language (that's probably what's been holding back UTAU forever)
  4. How English USTS are made... Like isn't there a easier system or something?

Reactions: Olivia091220034

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
  • the fact that there's no software EVEC for UTAU yet.

Have you considered the fact that EVEC was an attempt to copy UTAU's capability of using multiple voicebanks together with suffixes? I'm sure someone can help you set up a multibank suffix system with your own UTAU if you ask.

Dangosan

Defender of Defoko
Multipitch/multibank VBs are bloatware. Not everyone has 1TB hard drives. A software algorhytm that enables more advanced voice control, either in a resampler (like the M4 engine) or in a dongle/patcher (like the one I'm working on) would be way better than forcing creators to bloat up their VBs.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Multipitch/multibank VBs are bloatware. Not everyone has 1TB hard drives. A software algorhytm that enables more advanced voice control, either in a resampler (like the M4 engine) or in a dongle/patcher (like the one I'm working on) would be way better than forcing creators to bloat up their VBs.
Disagree. Software algorithms can do some of this, but it isn't the same as having proper separate recordings for most things (case in point: Kaito V3). It's only "bloatware" when the additional banks are actually useless. (Looking at you and way too many pitches, Mine Laru.)
Also m4 was never as good as people seemed to think it was.

• when UTAU forgets your CV values. It depends on the oto (like, you can safely set a value higher than 300 on, let's say, "sa", but "ka" won't accept anything over 180 without forgetting it), but it's still annoying;
UTAU doesn't store consonant velocity values over 200. It will forget values greater than 200 when you save/reopen the UST. Unfortunate, but that is how it works for whatever reason.

Right, I actually came here to mention this: when you forget to oto a sample (no white space) and suddenly the resampler freezes up in the middle of rendering a part... and then you have to kill it manually, resulting in weird playback the next time. I do that all the time.

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
1) still ain't got vst for DAWs. I would love to just make a midi, then open utau(vst) and then write my lyrics and tune and im done. I dont have to flippin export and do the rest, basically what A/E does.

2) Needs to be updated... like... badly.

3) Need more utau originals, DOESN'T ANYONE GET TIRED OF COVERING? I know I do!!!

4) SUBCRIPT OUT OF RANGE *throws computer across the room*

5) Needs phonetic system
what the heck, make it quite similar to how VOCALOID is built.

6) NOT AN OPEN EDITING PROGRAM.
Why?! :C
we'll update for you! asdfgnkl

Reactions: Kiyoteru

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When you're highlighting a part of the ust to hear the playback and you accidentally highlight the exaggeratedly long rest in front of that section. :'D
Conversely when you accidentally highlight the long rest after it.
(I tend to work around this by redoing the length of the rest with smaller rests or cut the file into multiple usts)

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
3) Need more utau originals, DOESN'T ANYONE GET TIRED OF COVERING? I know I do!!!
This isn't UTAU program related, it's more user related.

I hate the abundance of covers. Covers are nice, but doesn't everyone get tired of making them? I wanna see way more original songs. I haven't uploaded a cover onto YT since like December, I've been trying to make my own songs since then.

I know not everyone is great at making music ((heck, I'm not!)) but I often see people wanting P names or to be able to produce original music, so........ why aren't we working towards that goal, y'know?
TBH this attitude drives me insane. I'd rather have a good cover over a bad original anyday as far as listening goes, and buying into the whole "covers aren't good enough" attitude is what caused me to take a year+ long hiatus because I wasn't "good enough" at making originals or re-arrangements (for my own standards to myself, mind). And I don't forsee myself touching composing again for quite a long time to come because of that.

Encourage originals, but don't put down cover-makers in the process. Encourage people to put real work into their covers rather than plugging and playing, too. Hard-wrought covers are nothing to scoff at purely because they aren't ~originals~.

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
eh, the way i see it, covers are fine because a lot of the point of utau isn't necessarily composing songs, it's using the tool of utau well. if you're not good at composing music, that has absolutely nothing to do with your skill at using utau, and that's what (ideally, in my opinion) people become famous for in the community. making originals is good but it's like... a separate thing, yanno?

that said I do think plug n play is very bad and annoying.
[doublepost=1456687500][/doublepost]somewhat related: I don't like when people take P-names when they only make covers but it's not that big a deal lol

Dangosan

Defender of Defoko
The fact that Presamp always crashes for me (which is very sad, because Presamp does the work for you when you want to use a CVVC VB, or, in short, gives you a VOCALOID1-like experience).

Reactions: luiysia