What is your least favorite step in making an Utau and your favorite??

Chihaya

Momo's Minion
I'm not too found of recording. I'd have to say that it's my least favourite part of the entire UTAU process, and that's the part that really makes your character. A-Ahh, and with VCVs it's even more tedious, especially if you have limited time to do it. ; w ;

Um, I do like designing UTAU though. Although it can be a bit frustrating with certain characters... //

Tala

Momo's Minion
I actually like otoing :'> (but hate setting alias xD it just takes too damn long..)

Oh.. and i don't like thinking of outfits and personality...

Tortoiseshel

Momo's Minion
Meta link said:
D': You guys should really try Oremo instead of Audacity... it makes recording so easy and un-painful!
Quick question, can Oremo be used for languages other than Japanese?

On topic, my favorite is anything art related, and my least favorite would be recording. [sub](I do record, I just am very secretive about it sshhh)[/sub]

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
@ Tortoiseshel I would assume you could, you can load different reclists into OREMO, which I would assume includes reclists for different languages.

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
i would have to say least fav is recording. it's annoying for me to make unique voices because i've voiced so many. plus keeping pronunciation consistant is annoying for me with "u"s and "a"s (OH GOD ESPECIALLY WITH SHIKAZE'S OPERA VOICE)

I love otoing, especially vcv, but my fav part is designing. i just love thinking of strange but nice color schemes and making unique details, like Hekine's talking panda hoodie, or Yamiji's Back Bow <3

Aline

Teto's Territory
My least favorite step? Hard to choose. All parts are difficult, if you want stuff to be well done.

But nowadays, I've gotten an ill will for designing. No matter how much I try to design something, my designs always have something similar to another UTAU. It's a bit frustrating.

The part I like the most is testing the final results, though (including when I program UTAUloids for my friends). It brings me to tears, to listen to the results, to know I had a hand on making it happen (or that I made it all by myself, in my own UTAU's case).

Ono

Teto's Territory
OTO OH GAAAWWWD I ABSOLUTELY HATE OTOING VCV BANKS ;;;
It's time-consuming and takes lots of patience to get it done.
My favorite part of making an Utau is recording because I get to practice my voice-acting skills on different Appends with different tones and accents.

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My least favorite part is definitely recording. I didn't mind it the first time- it was kinda fun, actually- but now... Every time I try to record again, I either a) go to test it and realize that it sounds absolutely nothing like the original, b) go to test it and realize that I accidentally made some of my vowels sound different, or c) go to test it and realize that it just generally sounds like crap because my microphone isn't that great, and the Noise Removal tool muffles everything too much. It's ridiculously frustrating. X_X"
My favorite part is drawing cover art. In fact, I like it so much that I'm always drawing cover art for songs I know I won't get around to covering for a loooong time. XD OTOing isn't bad, either, really. It can be kind of fun sometimes.
And, of course, who doesn't love it when they listen to their finished product and it actually sounds good~? :3

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I can't decide XDD I love recording, I love designing-naming and I love otoing. I guess my least favourite is ... Designing just because I'm never satisfied with the result. Don't get me wrong, I love drawing and designing but---- Otoing is easy as well as recording, but designing and naming is hard. Fun but hard. //perfectionist

marshmellowguy

Teto's Territory
Supporter
My favorite would probably have to be otoing. I like sitting down with a nice cup of coffee and my laptop in the morning and just otoing. I usually do that during a time I can relax so its quite peaceful. Sadly though I haven't been able to do this much because CV-VC and VCV otoing is too much for my short attention span.

My least favorite would have to be recording. The reason is I now use some of my friends as UTAUs. Well its fun to record them and we have a fun time but really Quality isnt on their mind and it pisses me off how I get low quality Samples even when using our Blue Snowball. If I could make recording more professional like then maybe we would actually have more HQ samples.

Nikiten

Momo's Minion
My favorite would probably the whole making-the-character process. = w = I love coming up and improving on Cerise's design and voice.

The worst is probably the oto. I have no idea how to do it (and I want to do it myself -shot-) and I still don't know the difference between preutter and overlap. I don't even know where to put the consonants D:

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think if anything, I absolutely hate doing oto.inis for an UTAU XD There's so much to do, and my arm likes to cramp often. And then I want to keep going and eventually I get so tired eue;;
Favorite step would definitely be releasing and actually making the UTAU sing.
I like to hear what their voice results in *u*

PanTran

Ritsu's Rocket
Defender of Defoko
For my favourite part, defiantly the character design! I swear i have about ten UTAUs, but only one of them I've gotten around to voicing >_< My least favourite would probably be the chopping up and saving the individual files! I hate that! from worst to best, it would probably be:

• Chopping up
  • oto
  • recording
  • Character design

delphic

y e e t
Defender of Defoko
I dislike saving each little recording in Audacity. It take me FOREVER to select> Export Selection > Choose destination>......^A^

But my favorite part is when it all pays off and you hear your UTAU's voice functioning properly because you put all of that time and effort into it :')

I hate a lot oto.izing CVs...
My favourite part is... When my UTAU can finally sing!!! :D

Kokoro Hane

Teto's Territory
Least favorite part is oto'ing, haha. Yet I do feel proud that I did it myself. Second least would probably be exporting every little syllable, so time-consuming, and oh the fun I will have when I record their Lite English x.x
But one of my favorite part is probably hearing the result when I load them the first time! I also kinda enjoy recording the little syllables at times, haha, and writing my own reclists. But the most fun I have is designing the character and writing their likes, dislikes, personality...! Since I love to draw and tell stories, naturally this would be my favorite part, and loving to sing, of course hearing my babies' voices synthesized in the program ^.^

P

partial

Least favorite part: recording. It's so tedious.

Favorite part: OTOing. Yes. I enjoy making OTO files. I find them very fun!