What's Your Preferred UTAU Avatar Style?

What's Your Preferred UTAU Avatar Style?

• You know, the regular (Human-looking)

Votes: 33 86.8%
  • I like my UTAUs like my chest hair: Furry (Animal-looking)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Who doesn't want a singing potato? (Object avatar)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • WHAT'S THE POINT OF AN AVATAR ANYWAY? (no avatar)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
I agree that utau shouldn't be pre judged, though I suppose we can't help it. I guess it's cus everyone just associates furries with (ahem, for lack of a better word) "yiff."

but with anthropomorphic avatars, I think it's all a matter of canniness. Animals on very humany bodies are just very uncanny to a lot of people I guess?

For example, seeing this:

latest

vs seeing this:

91.jpg

giphy.gif

y'know what I mean

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I prefer human avatars. I don't mind hurries or furloids, it's just that I'm not used to seeing them as often as human type characters. I've seen few object avatars, but I don't mind them so much, either.

Reactions: Piia

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I personally do like (almost) any avatar type. Yes: humans, kemonomimi, furry/anthro, animals, fantasy/fairytale/object characters are in general fine for me.

As long as it's well designed (plus that the design somehow "fits" with voicebank's voice), I usually like it.

If voicebank doesn't have an official avatar (similar to VY1 or VY2) then the creator SHOULD in my opinion tell clearly in voicebank's readme/website etc that "this voicebank doesn't have an official avatar." "Can look like anything" etc. (I say this cuz I've multiple times find UTAU VB who DOES have an official avatar but their image isn't put into its VB - no even an icon. If your UTAU does have an official avatar, please include that into VB. Even if it's just a 100x100 small icon, so people know that it has an avatar for sure)

-------------------------

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm used to seeing humanoid avatars early in the fandom mostly because I came from the vocaloid fandom and early utau members did so too, but as the utau fandom progresses and newer members or characters come in anyone and anything can be an utau.
It adds in newer perspective on what an avatar can be.
Depending on the avatar and if it was intentional I'd like it.
Even if it's a joke or parody I still don't mind. (Unless it is something controversial then I would have mix feelings about it.)
It gives us creative integrity and we can put our own spin on the design. (If the utau doesn't belong to us then we need to have the creator's permission.)

Reactions: Piia and Nohkara