Writing a WineCMD-compatibile resampler

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
I always wanted to write a resampler, but I just stuck evertime when I tried to learn a programming language. So, since Wine has a command line, I've thought that I should make a resampler with the ablity to use the Wine command line instead of crashing. Many are using the DLL because of it (I disabled batches, don't wanna be restricted to the default and grouchy resampler (11? 12?) (and not to mention blast mode from resampler10.dll)).
I want to write my own resampler that is compatibile with Linux. Maybe I'd write in a cross-platform programming language. Any opinions? Since EFB-GT and bkh01 crashes on me, I'm going to do a cross-platform resampler (as to make Linux+Wine users to stop whining about m4).

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
Uh, which wine version are you using? Because resamplers don't crash anymore since 1.5.16. Rendering was crashing in prior versions due to multi-byte characters not being supported in wine batch execution, a feature that was introduced in 1.5.16, see my bug report here http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24638
Other resamplers DO work as well, I use them all the time.
The only catch is to select the “Note length calculated by GUI” option (which is present in 0.2.77 and all 0.4.xx releases), because otherwise the tempo is calculated wrong, and I think it isn't a resampler problem, it's most likely because of wavtool (something I should file a bug report for, but I still haven't gotten around it, and we have Ameya's workaround so I'm not too motivated to sit down and write it and I keep procrastinating lol)

I guess maybe some distributions like Ubuntu ship older wine versions as default, but I think you may find a PPA or some other repository with the bleeding edge wine somewhere.

Dangosan

Defender of Defoko
I'll try to install it, but as the development version doesn't have a .deb package for squeeze, I have to compile it from source.

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
Rocomo link said:
I'll try to install it, but as the development version doesn't have a .deb package for squeeze, I have to compile it from source.

Oh so you're on debian. I guess they have no maintainers for debian packages at WineHQ, since even the Sid packages that they provide aren't up-to-date. :/
Sadly, debian's policy of keeping old versions for stability doesn't hold up well with wine, they're evolving at an impressive speed lately, and I kinda think even the 1.4.1 version, that is labeled as stable on the official site, could be considered ancient and obsolete, given all the improvements on the 1.5 branch.

EDIT: I was forgetting! You might also try to use PlayOnLinux, it has a built-in wine version manager that allows you to install different wine versions at once. Just be sure to start it with Japanese locale when you need to run UTAU.

Dangosan

Defender of Defoko
I have a problem with compiling the development Wine. On my computer gcc -m32 doesn't work and I can't figure out which libraries are needed for -m32 to work. I've tried the Debian forums, but nowadays, the forum is pretty dead and even got my topic deleted. So, can you link me the files needed for the command gcc -m32 to work?

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
No clue, to be honest. I use Arch and it usually has packages almost up-to-date with the development version, when I had to compile from git to test the bugfix I just used a pre-made PKGBUILD that took care of everything, so I don't know.

My best advice is to try PlayOnLinux, because you can download precompiled stand-alone wine packages from within its interface, so you can choose to use one of those instead of your system version.
I use PoL too, because when you use the development versions there are regressions, occasionally, and it comes handy to be able to downgrade or upgrade easily for just one application that needs it without messing with the system version.
The only problematic thing you might encounter with it is that it might lack the proper font replacements for Japanese, but I can share the .reg file I use to fix that, if needed.

Dangosan

Defender of Defoko
Since PlayOnLinux needs Wine and the development Wine is only available for sid, and I couldn't compile Wine, I need the binary version of development Wine.

Catgirl

Teto's Territory
wait, does PoL need *development* wine? O_o That's pretty weird, it shouldn't be like that, it should be chill with the stable version as the system version... Are you sure? That kind of dependency would defeat the purpose of having a wine version manager in first place, and that would really suck ò_ò
The PoL site has a package and a repository for Squeeze, too.