• If you do not recieve your confirmation email within a few hours, please email haloutau@gmail.com with your username for manual validation. Your account should be activated within 24 hours.
    You may also reach out via any other listed contact on Admin Halo's about page: https://utaforum.net/members/halo.194/#about

48000Hz recording, resampler bugs

RUIN

Momo's Minion
I have made two voicebanks(CV(JP) and CV VC(SR:shades:) recording in 48000Hz. I otoed as I would always do my otoing, but resamplers didn't agree so I'll just give a fair warning for people that want to try that.

Resampler.EXE: Doesn't have any serious issues and works just fine.
TIPS: Renders nicely, but has timing issues.
tn-fnds(all versions): Renders nicely, but has timing issues.
WORLD(EFB-GW, EFB-GT and EFB-P:shades:: Crash.
bkh01: Refuses to render.
fresamp: Works very nice.
fresamp011: Does wonders and has no problems.
fresamp014: Same as 011.
vs4u: Refuses to render.
phavoco: Renders nicely, but I don't think you'll ever use it.
WARP: Renders nicely, but has timing issues.
m4: Renders nicely, but has timing issues.
w4u: Ew, timing issues.

I didn't test them with the older version of TIPS. Sadly, I wasn't able to find it nor I know anyone that has it.

I think that I covered all the resamplers available to UTAU. I'll be editing this post with info on v.Connect-STAND(maybe).

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You should be recording in 44100Hz, that's the only Hz level that UTAU will work with.

Either record new samples or convert the samples you already have to 44100Hz.

RUIN

Momo's Minion
You just blew my mind with your amazing knowledge.
The point of this thread is compatibility with different audio sampling rates. I wasn't saying "Oops, I 48000 Hertz'd on accident. Help me.". I recorded in 48000Hz because I wanted better audio quality. UTAU has really nothing to do with audio sampling rate because UTAU isn't a resampling engine.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
No need to be so bitterly sarcastic about it? She was just trying to explain something, a lot of users (especially those in music fields who get into UTAU) mistakenly try to use higher sampling rates and don't understand why they don't perfectly work. It's a common-ish mistake, we didn't know you were doing it on purpose.

I have old TIPS, but on another computer sadly. I'll get access to that computer again someday hopefully.

Did you try w4u (WORLD for UTAU? It's not an EFB engine, though I'm going to pretty much say it won't work)?

I'm curious, did you compare your higher sampling rate UTAU to another voicebank (your own for most accurate comparison) of the usual 44100 rate? If so, is there even a noticeable difference in quality? I know most don't bother with the higher sampling rate because with a nice mic, good editing, and proper flags/resampler for the voice type, a voice can be very high quality already even at the standard Hz.

RUIN

Momo's Minion
Ah, I know, but things I dislike the most is not reading the post entirely. I can understand that, but I didn't ask a question in the "helpdesk" part of the forum so I guess people should assume that I know what I'm talking about.
I have seen a thread(that is fairly old) you posted, talking about data loss. Is that the one? If so, I can assure you that, as long as there's no physical damage to HDD, you'll have your data back. If not, you'll get a fraction of it back, unless it's absolutely fried. I'll upload the library online sometime soon for laughs and giggles and, hopefully, for people to test it out.
I have all the EFBs and even the source code, but I haven't found anything other than that. I have downloaded all the resamplers that were available 5 months ago(because I have only been using UTAU for a year or so). I have searched for w4u again a few minutes ago and it seems that all the links are very broken. I'm positive that the ZIP archive which contains that resampler doesn't exist on Ameya's server any more.
Well, there is noticeable quality change when it comes to consonants and the overall sound of my voice. 48000Hz sampling rate has... well, overall better quality. It's closer to a recording I did on a very pricy microphone with 96000Hz sampling rate(considering that I'm human, my hearing is very limited and my headphones aren't even close to being the best(as well as my sound card) quality-wise). It's not a huge change, but it's better than what I had before. You're right about it being pretty much the same. I don't really know because this is new to me, in a way, but there are noticeable changes for sure.
Still, I'm not going with some crazy sampling rate like 352800Hz or something because, for us, it will be pretty much useless anyway.
(UTAU-related things make me type a lot.)

EDIT: I have finally found it. I have obtained the source code of it and the resampler itself. I'll be posting more info on it as soon as I can.(before, the website was both link-broken and encoding broken. Now, it's only encoding that needs fixing(but maybe I was the one who didn't know what to click, I don't remember).)