Adding new notes to a premade ust

Einekleine

Teto's Territory
Hi hi hello. So the ust I’m currently working on has a syllable missing and I can’t stand it, so I added in the missing note. BUT the note I added in sounds like absolute garbage compared to the notes that were already in the ust. Is there anything I could do to get that note to the same quality as the rest?

slashhearts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
there could be a few different things going on. what do you mean by "quality?"

i'd start by checking the note properties on an existing note with ctrl+e. make note of the intensity, modulation, constant velocity, flags, etc. i'd reset the crossfades with p1p3, etc. too. it's possible that you might need to tune it with similar pitchbends to match. these are just off the top of my head though, there might be something else!

Reactions: Einekleine

Einekleine

Teto's Territory
there could be a few different things going on. what do you mean by "quality?"

i'd start by checking the note properties on an existing note with ctrl+e. make note of the intensity, modulation, constant velocity, flags, etc. i'd reset the crossfades with p1p3, etc. too. it's possible that you might need to tune it with similar pitchbends to match. these are just off the top of my head though, there might be something else!

Hey, thanks for the reply! What I mean by quality is that the original UST notes sound like they are properly fitted to the Voicebank (reset, acpt, p2p3, acpt), while my added notes sound completely unfit; raspy and grainy in comparison to the smoothness of the originals. I’ve tried fitting the note and copy pasting the pretutterance, overlap, and STP of a similar original onto my new note, but it just doesn’t change :sad: it’s not a matter of tuning either haha