Can An UTAU Design Be Considered "friendty"?

P

PurinPuff

I know that this could potentially lead to tension or conflict, so I'm gonna ask we be respectful of one another's opinion. Also, no mentioning UTAU names for examples.

I'm trying to redesign a top for my new WiP UTAU, and long story short, she wears a bra, sleeves, a loin cloth, and covered legs. I was under this impression that my UTAU could be considered "friendty" looking, but that begs the question: CAN an UTAU have a "friendty" design? Because as far as my experience goes, UTAU designs are very free in regards to expression and restriction.

I'm interested in what you guys think.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think it all depends on the person/viewer and what their definition of "friendty" is or if they even consider skimpy or revealing outfits to be friendty.

I know some people think Vocaloid Lily's outfit is "friendty", but from my perspective I think she's very pretty.

I have an extremely high tolerance for ladies in revealing outfits xD So what you described to me, I would not consider friendty but that's just me. Other people might based on their standards and how they view things, others not so much.

EDIT: I also don't like to label girls as "friends" in the first place, especially if the decision would be based off of clothing alone but I think that is another discussion for another time.

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
IrisFlower link said:
EDIT: I also don't like to label girls as \"friends\" in the first place, especially if the decision would be based off of clothing alone but I think that is another discussion for another time.
I agree.
I do believe that an UTAU's design in which it is very skimpy can be considered.... inappropriate? I'll give my UTAU as an example. When I first designed her, I thought her outfit was beautiful. As the years progressed and I got older, I felt like her outfit needed some revision do to it being too revealing. So I re-made. So really, it depends on your preference of "friendty." :smile:

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
i don't like the idea of calling another person/person's character a friend or friendty looking, but if it's a character with clothes like yoko littner
I know people who think Ruko looks friendty, and i'm sure people think that about Hekine, so i think there is a kind of...standard? For what UTAUloids should wear
I wouldn't want to see an utau that only wears undergarments that say "Juicy" on the back of the panties

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
TheSnowSongstress link said:
i don't like the idea of calling another person/person's character a friend or friendty looking, but if it's a character with clothes like yoko littner
I know people who think Ruko looks friendty, and i'm sure people think that about Hekine, so i think there is a kind of...standard? For what UTAUloids should wear
I wouldn't want to see an utau that only wears undergarments that say \"Juicy\" on the back of the panties

Wat, I wouldn't ever think Hekine is friendty. :P

Anyway, I'm not really turned off by friendty(?) designs, so long as its not like, super overboard. If their underwear is covered, it's all good.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I think there's a higher acceptance for underdressing in UTAU designs, but I think that's because of the idol thing XD

I agree that the whole "friend" thing is silly anyways. It's a word with...baggage? : P It has like eighty different meanings, and if you call something "friendty" it's suddenly stuck with them all.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think the word means way too much to be considered something to describe looks. Even if my parents think otherwise, I think you can only act friendty, not look like one.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Well, to be honest...
"friendty" is not a thing, and most certainly not on a vocal synthesizer. How many or what people someone sleeps with is none of your concern and clothing most certainly does not hint at that regardless (but as others have said, that is a discussion for another time and place). So I think what you're looking for is "Is my UTAUloid's design inappropriate?", perhaps.

Inappropriate is even a difficult line to draw, but I'd say when your UTAUloid is wearing only bad taste pasties with melon-sized breasts and a two foot long chicken then maybe you're pushing your luck with people's tolerance.

What you described sounds fine for public consumption.

LunaAkimine

Teto's Territory
design is only one part, the key thing is the voice imo.
i mean, come on, look at lily. and miku append.
Lily-da-Vocaloid-lily-the-vocaloid-22703405-556-700.jpg

MIKU_APPEND_by_Kazeno_Ark.jpg

they still have fans right.

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
You mean "hentai" designed or more private areas showing than usual? Like large breasts? Or rockets disqused as breasts?