Can you cross Vocaloid english with the UTAU program

Kilios Furude

Teto's Territory
So I want my UTAU Kilios Furude to have a english VB but every UTAU reclist for english is hard to pronounce and I found Vocaloid's english to be easier. Can you use the formating in the UTAU program?

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
English is a difficult language. I recommend checking English phonology on Wikipedia to help with pronunciation as words can be pronounced in many different ways. There are sound samples of the different phonetics used in English there. You find them by clicking the blue phonetic symbols, which leads you to the page containing information and examples of that sound.

As for the formatting, I'm uncertain if you mean the lyric input/alias or something else. The phonetic input can be changed to match the ones used in Vocaloid. You can find the phonetic list that Vocaloid uses by scrolling down in this link.

There is also a Vocaloid based CVVC English reclist.

I hope you found this somewhat helpful in your quest for an English voicebank!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Kilios Furude

Teto's Territory
What i mean is if Kilios (My UTAU's) english is named the same as Vocaloid english for nots will the program even read it?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You are free to write the aliases of your voicebank OTO using any characters in Shift-JIS, such as English letters without accent marks, numbers, and Japanese characters. Because Vocaloid's English phonemes are based on SAMPA, you should be able to write all of the letters and symbols in an OTO. As long as the lyrics in a UST match the aliases in the OTO, it will be able to use that voicebank's samples.