Can't open UTAU

Akikko

Momo's Minion
I just downloaded UTAU and I can't even open it- it just says 'Subscript out of range'

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
This error is caused by the default voicebank not being generated properly. Change your non-Unicode encoding to Japanese and to prevent further rendering glitches, your decimal symbol to a point in your Regional Settings, then run mkdefo from an UTAU ZIP in your ./voice/uta folder. You will probably have to replace the .frq files with the ones in the ZIP, too.

Reactions: Akikko

Akikko

Momo's Minion
This error is caused by the default voicebank not being generated properly. Change your non-Unicode encoding to Japanese and to prevent further rendering glitches, your decimal symbol to a point in your Regional Settings, then run mkdefo from an UTAU ZIP in your ./voice/uta folder. You will probably have to replace the .frq files with the ones in the ZIP, too.
I'll try this once i'm done with my essay! Thanks!

Reactions: ah haha

ah haha

Momo's Minion

Hi, I had a similar issue as OP and I already had my locale set to Japanese and my decimal symbol to a point in Regional Settings, so I'm guessing that the next step would solve my issue. The problem is that I'm not very tech savvy so I don't really understand what "[running] mkdefo from a UTAU ZIP in [my] ./voice/uta folder," entails. Can you simplify what that means? Thank you so muchh!!

Reactions: Akikko

Akikko

Momo's Minion
Hi, I had a similar issue as OP and I already had my locale set to Japanese and my decimal symbol to a point in Regional Settings, so I'm guessing that the next step would solve my issue. The problem is that I'm not very tech savvy so I don't really understand what "[running] mkdefo from a UTAU ZIP in [my] ./voice/uta folder," entails. Can you simplify what that means? Thank you so muchh!!
I’ve been trying to figure that out for the past month(?)... I suck when it comes to file related things and I have no one to ask for help