Voicebank Clear Defoko

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Also, (even though I didn't want to get too involved) it seems strange that you didn't use the actual Aquestalk program, and the fact that you made the bank with resamplers and flags doesn't seem like anything new imo.... Plus considering Defoko's origins it's just improbable to make her 'clear', since her voice programming was never clear to begin with, and even with editing it seems a bit redundant.. Plus instead of having two folders wouldn't it make more sense to simply alias the hiragana bank with romaji for that matter...?

Last edited:

Thatguy 2nd

Ruko's Ruffians
Put bluntly:
First there's no demo
Second this entire thing is convoluted
Third you end game sounds like something you could fix through good mixing and more careful otoing. More specifically attenuating her lower frequencies while emphasizing her highs. Basically a HP filter, shelf the upper frequencies, and get rid of the mud.

These are just my thoughts, I dont know, I still havent heard a demo

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oh my god.

so you didn't actually use the actual aquestalk program?
I Did Not Use The Program Due To It Adding Pitchbends For Talking... But, Don't Worry I Have Permission To Do This
[doublepost=1500200241][/doublepost]
Put bluntly:
First there's no demo
Second this entire thing is convoluted
Third you end game sounds like something you could fix through good mixing and more careful otoing. More specifically attenuating her lower frequencies while emphasizing her highs. Basically a HP filter, shelf the upper frequencies, and get rid of the mud.

These are just my thoughts, I dont know, I still havent heard a demo
Here Is The Demo
[doublepost=1500200457][/doublepost]
Also, (even though I didn't want to get too involved) it seems strange that you didn't use the actual Aquestalk program, and the fact that you made the bank with resamplers and flags doesn't seem like anything new imo.... Plus considering Defoko's origins it's just improbable to make her 'clear', since her voice programming was never clear to begin with, and even with editing it seems a bit redundant.. Plus instead of having two folders wouldn't it make more sense to simply alias the hiragana bank with romaji for that matter...?
I Added The Folders For Convenience
[doublepost=1500200575][/doublepost]
So if I've been following correctly, is this bank just samples made from samples made from samples??
If that's the case, you should have just shared the flags/resampler you used because this isn't anything new or revolutionary. In fact, it seems based on the comments that this has been more trouble than it's worth.
It Was Worth It (I Think) And I Don't Like To Share Flags I Used Cause, I Don't Have Much Trust For Others Leaving Be To Belive Others Would Steal The Idea...

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It Was Worth It (I Think) And I Don't Like To Share Flags I Used Cause, I Don't Have Much Trust For Others Leaving Be To Belive Others Would Steal The Idea...

I don't think that the idea of "making a voicebank sound clear" is something that you created and others can steal.
Don't worry though, I know that you tried to make something cool and useful - but it's a bit conveluded (since I can't read kanji and have no idea what that aquestalk email says) and it's proven... unuseful.
Although what you did is... kinda legal (if aquestalk really gave you permission) as you can see, your idea doesn't sit quite well with the rest of the UTAU users. I may advise that it would've been better if you just deleted this showcase entry and focused on developing your own voicebank. (because, hey, you definitely have passion for it)

taigz

dead
Defender of Defoko
Yup, while this version is slightly less muffled, it is still muffled. There is not much of a difference, seeing as Defoko's voice is from AquesTalk and not a real human. I know you tried to make something useful for the community, yeah, it doesn't sit quite well. Defoko's samples are very robotic and muffled, and it's very, very, very hard to make her really clear. Anyways, yes, I think instead of making a bank about it, I suggest you share the flags and the resampler you used for us to use; no worries, I'm pretty sure the idea won't be stolen.

Damn I'm so slow y'all said everything hahaha

Reactions: Zoku

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Welp... Imma Delete This In That Case And Switch To Private Distribution...

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
No point in distribution. Why distribute something people already have by default and can attain when downloading the vsts?

- These samples don't directly come from aquestalk or aquestone, so they're based on the existing original files. You just played with flags and resamplers, rendered the result, and you're filtering it back into the synth again - further degrading any quality improvements that may have occured during the original render process. The more a voice is processed through the engine (resampling results from a resampler), the worse it sounds.

- Flags aren't able to be trademarked, copyrighted, or patented, so it's impossible to "steal" them. Anyone bothering to work with defoko would have came to the same conclusion [or similar] in their effort to give her some clarity (which is a losing battle - as mentioned by myself and others - due to the nature of the voice source).

- Just... share the resampler and flags used and people will come to their own conclusions about the clarity. No one's expecting miracles, but it's nice to see people try to work with defoko, given her difficulty of use.

- The effort put into this project could be used to make your own banks. Give it a shot if you haven't.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Keep in mind: she'll never have the clarity of a human made bank with a high quality mic. She was made with a synth that's LQ in the same way that Chipspeech is LQ. There's a market for everything and some people like the unnatural sound she gives off. My biggest gripe with original defoko is the short samples and almost non-existent oto.
^And that also, this "unnatural" trait of her voice is probably what makes me like her because it still carries quite a sweet, relaxing, soothing sound and I think if she was clearer, sure it'd be interesting and as lovely, but not sure it'll still keep well this particular trait

Reactions: taigz and Zoku

Thatguy 2nd

Ruko's Ruffians
Im sorry:
No one wants to download your rehashed bank. Especially since the results weren't as good as the product claims
Without (actually, even with) distributing those flags this just becomes Defoko. Nothing more. You dont see people claiming they created a new vocaloid jut because they edited one of the parameters (dont come for me with derivatives, as in marketing it as a new vocaloid because they changed a few parameters)
and for the love of god just mix the damn bitch. You'd be surprised how much that fixes that will fix (it wont fix it all but it will do something

Like, youre making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. If you want to be that seclusive about it just drop the whole thing together.
Sorry for sounding rude but this is getting annoying

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Im sorry:
No one wants to download your rehashed bank. Especially since the results weren't as good as the product claims
Without (actually, even with) distributing those flags this just becomes Defoko. Nothing more. You dont see people claiming they created a new vocaloid jut because they edited one of the parameters (dont come for me with derivatives, as in marketing it as a new vocaloid because they changed a few parameters)
and for the love of god just mix the damn bitch. You'd be surprised how much that fixes that will fix (it wont fix it all but it will do something

Like, youre making this a bigger deal than it needs to be. If you want to be that seclusive about it just drop the whole thing together.
Sorry for sounding rude but this is getting annoying
I just wanted to take a moment to drag Crypton and Luka V4X English Soft through the mud one more time. Cuz that's exactly what they did. they turned the BRE up and called it a new VB. However, also pointing out that no one was impressed by Crypton doing it either.

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Oh boy, I'm late. I can't see straight, but I'll try to say this as best as I can.
This whole thing's become a mess. This obviously didn't go over well, so you should probably stop distributing it entirely. Privately distributing it isn't much better. I'm glad AquesTalk gave you permission to distribute this version of Defoko, but it doesn't have much of a difference from her normal VB based on the demo. I don't think this could even be considered a derivative ^^;
On another note, I don't think there's really a point in keeping this thread alive, especially since the Showcase page has already been deleted...

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
No point in distribution. Why distribute something people already have by default and can attain when downloading the vsts?

- These samples don't directly come from aquestalk or aquestone, so they're based on the existing original files. You just played with flags and resamplers, rendered the result, and you're filtering it back into the synth again - further degrading any quality improvements that may have occured during the original render process. The more a voice is processed through the engine (resampling results from a resampler), the worse it sounds.

- Flags aren't able to be trademarked, copyrighted, or patented, so it's impossible to "steal" them. Anyone bothering to work with defoko would have came to the same conclusion [or similar] in their effort to give her some clarity (which is a losing battle - as mentioned by myself and others - due to the nature of the voice source).

- Just... share the resampler and flags used and people will come to their own conclusions about the clarity. No one's expecting miracles, but it's nice to see people try to work with defoko, given her difficulty of use.

- The effort put into this project could be used to make your own banks. Give it a shot if you haven't.
I Have Made Voicebanks And, I Switched To Private Distribution Of This Voicebank Due To Controversy

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sorry if I sound rude, but imo, this is NOT a voicebank that you made, but rather a voicebank that you edited.
And there is no point in distributing it, public or private, so I'd just stop distributing it, and instead just tell us the flags you used.
*Sigh* I Used The Flag Y10Y0C80y80H10H0H10H0 And Fresamp
[doublepost=1500288041][/doublepost]
Sorry if I sound rude, but imo, this is NOT a voicebank that you made, but rather a voicebank that you edited.
And there is no point in distributing it, public or private, so I'd just stop distributing it, and instead just tell us the flags you used.
I Also Wasnt Refering To This As Voicebanks I Made ;-;