Do you have any tips for making a Girlish Voice?

Mariuspersen

Momo's Minion
So, I have been planning for a while now, I want to make a genderbendt counterpart to my already existing UTAUloid. I want to make her from the ground up, without just pitching the current WAV-files. And here is the problem; My voice is already REAAALY dark by default and I'm having a hard time making a voice that sounds natural and also pitched higher than my normal voice. Anyone of you having the same problem? Do you have any tips? Either if it's while recording or after, I would like any kind of information you are willing to share!

*Sigh* Why do I have to have such a dark voice? -.-

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I have the same problem. I want to make a female UTAU, but I just can't voice act it. I hope there's something we can do. :sad:

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I mean I have the same problem, but reversed xD. My voice isn't overly high pitched & girlish, but I can't reach "guy octaves," as I like to call them.

I suppose there's not much you can do except practice a bit each day with your voice acting. It'd take some time, but after a while you'd be able to hit a bit higher than you do now. Also, try singing from your nose instead of your throat. Nasally voices, coupled with higher pitches, can sometimes sound more female-like.
Another thing would be to record your samples as high as you can, & then use the gender factor in UTAU to make it sound more plausible, as well as singing in higher ranges.
Me, for example, recorded a test guy bank for future reference. I hit the notes as low as I could, & then in UTAU used a g+10 factor, to make it more male, cos the samples by themselves made a very shonen bank orz. For you guys, it might be a g-10 flag instead.

So yeah, I'm still experimenting with the opposite, but those are my tips that you guys can try.