Do you speak another langauge?

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am not good at speaking other languages; however, if you're looking for help, almost everyone else in my family can speak Bahasa Malayu (Malay) fluently, so I can help you there.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Cantonese (good enough for your purposes), Mandarin (enough to make a cover using a Japanese bank that doesn't sound like absolute trash).
i guess i'll add you in for both then?
I am not good at speaking other languages; however, if you're looking for help, almost everyone else in my family can speak Bahasa Malayu (Malay) fluently, so I can help you there.
Alright i'll add you in for Malay

JVウタウ

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I speak Filipino! I also have friends and relatives who speak other Filipino dialects and therefore have different accents, I'll try my best to help you do an accent acceptable to almost everybody.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I speak Filipino! I also have friends and relatives who speak other Filipino dialects and therefore have different accents, I'll try my best to help you do an accent acceptable to almost everybody.
Added ^^ also the accent isn't really what i want it's just pronouncing the sounds correctly that i'm trying to focus on.

CarrotJuice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ooh if you dont have anyone that speaks thai yet i do (although my vietnamese is better) i could help you out there (with pronunciation + reclisting)

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
Hm. English is my native language, but I'm in my second year of Russian, and my second semester of French, but I'd recommend finding someone with more experience than I have. I can't always pronounce things correctly (stupidEnglishspeakingtongue) but I might be able to make some recommendations.

ALSO FREE TIP: If you are going to record a voicebank in a language or are learning a language, listen to songs that are in that language. It's a BIG help, and helps solidify the language and its pronunciation in your brain. :smile: t.A.T.u is a great Russian band, if you don't mind LGBT undertones with some of their songs. (I recommend Obyzyanka Nol and Nas Nye Dagoniat to begin with, as well as Novoya Model) Zazie, Lara Fabian (Canadian, but some of her songs are in French) and Coeur de Pirate are some good French ones. :smile:

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hm. English is my native language, but I'm in my second year of Russian, and my second semester of French, but I'd recommend finding someone with more experience than I have. I can't always pronounce things correctly (stupidEnglishspeakingtongue) but I might be able to make some recommendations.

ALSO FREE TIP: If you are going to record a voicebank in a language or are learning a language, listen to songs that are in that language. It's a BIG help, and helps solidify the language and its pronunciation in your brain. :smile: t.A.T.u is a great Russian band, if you don't mind LGBT undertones with some of their songs. (I recommend Obyzyanka Nol and Nas Nye Dagoniat to begin with, as well as Novoya Model) Zazie, Lara Fabian (Canadian, but some of her songs are in French) and Coeur de Pirate are some good French ones. :smile:
wel i already know how to say most french sounds, Ukranian is a bit harder and i'm not positive if i'm going to go through with it. My french viewer is a native french speaker, plus i live in a franco american town.
Thank you for your help though!

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
Oh, OK. That's good. :smile: I'm glad you've got that covered.

Also: Russian and Ukrainian are not the same language. They both use the Cyrillic alphabet and are in the same language family, but they are not the same language. Just FYI. ^^; Al though now that I think about it, they do both use very similar sounds. ^^; That's probably what you were getting at.

And yeah, Russian can be very difficult. (there's a sound that's romanized as kh and it can be very difficult to pronounce. OTL ) It is totally OK if you don't go through with a Russian bank, since it would be hard to do.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh, OK. That's good. :smile: I'm glad you've got that covered.

Also: Russian and Ukrainian are not the same language. They both use the Cyrillic alphabet and are in the same language family, but they are not the same language. Just FYI. ^^; Al though now that I think about it, they do both use very similar sounds. ^^; That's probably what you were getting at.

And yeah, Russian can be very difficult. (there's a sound that's romanized as kh and it can be very difficult to pronounce. OTL ) It is totally OK if you don't go through with a Russian bank, since it would be hard to do.
Well actually the reclist for Russian and Ukranian are the same list so... maybe it's like Chinese where they say words that sound similar but have different meanings to them. It probably has both sets of sounds listed or something like that.
But anyways it's just experimental at the moment

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
Ah, I see. I think it is something like that, actually.

Y'know, if the reclist is experimental it would probably be best to either a) leave it until last or b) just drop it. ^^; That's what I would do, anyway.

★StarsNeverStop★

Princess Of The Stars
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, I see. I think it is something like that, actually.

Y'know, if the reclist is experimental it would probably be best to either a) leave it until last or b) just drop it. ^^; That's what I would do, anyway.
no no no MY RECORDING is experimental XD the reclist was finished awhile ago.
I speak none of these languages myself so all of these are experimental recordings

PrinceofHades

A wandering soul
Defender of Defoko
no no no MY RECORDING is experimental XD the reclist was finished awhile ago.
I speak none of these languages myself so all of these are experimental recordings

Oh OK XD I got confused there for a minute. It happens, I sometimes miss cues in conversations. OTL
Well, if you do decide to go through with the Russian/Ukrainian, I'll try to be available to help. :smile:

mateidobrescu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Just to make sure, did you read the first post? (I know the title seems to say it all XD)
It just was such a fast reply
If you did and you mean you will volenteer to help me record Romanian sounds correctly then i'll add you on
I will help you, of course! If you need a reclist, I can give you one.

dyne 智優

Shoutbox Lurker™
Defender of Defoko
Are you still looking for more people?
'Coz I am a fluent in Malay (speaking and in phonetics) (yes i am or i wouldnt be malaysian and should be in japan by now excuse all you weebs)
I don't speak my native language well, but I'm good at it's phonetics, seeing that it's closely related (phonetics-wise) to Malay!

Last edited: