Exploratory Post: An UtaForum Collab Album

How Interested Are You? Select all that apply.

• I would be interested in participating [reply to thread]

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • I would be interested in listening (free)

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • I would be interested in purchasing (download)

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I would be interested in a physical CD ($10-ish)

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I am not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is not a commitment, I just want to guage interest, see what talent we have available, and to see if such a product is even viable in the first place. Do note, if I start this I fully intend to finish it, that being said it is likely not going to happen for some time as I still have to finish "The ⑥ Circus" with I'llSeeU-P before I can take on any new projects.

Working Title: Minna no UtaForum (tentative)
Concept: An overseas collaboration album of UtaForum members with at lest 25 min runtime of Originals or Original mixes by UtaForum Members with the collab headed by Hentai and published by his totally-not-a-label Weeaboo Co., Ltd.

If you would be interested in this album please vote on the poll. If you are interested in participating please reply to this thread with the following. If I decide start this project when I enter pre-production I will contact you.

Copy this format, reply to this thread, and replace the brackets with your relevant information.
Your Name: [Name or Nickname]
Positions Interested In: [Composer Musician Mixer Tuner Artist Lyricist] (list all that apply)
How To Contact You: [Include Proffered Contact Method]
Previous Works: [Links to Works Relevant to Position Applied]
Previous Collabs: [If Applicable List Your Previous Collabs, Otherwise Reply "N/A"]

Once again, this may or may not happen, the scale and scope of the project (if it happens) will depend on interest in both people who want to listen to it and those that want to participate.

In the end this is an exploratory post only, I haven't lead an online collab before, but I have lead some teams IRL and been party to several online ones, including ResoNationColab so this might be an excellent proof-of-concept test run of some theories I had on effective people management.

Last edited:

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
id love to participate!!! should i fill out that form?

Yep. Copy the details and reply to the thread with it.

If you are not comfortable with some of the information being public alternatively send it to me via PM.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Well, I will not participate, but if it happens, I would like to listen to songs created by participants later.

VaNexuS

The Interstellar NexuS of Super Novas
Defender of Defoko
Your Name: StellarVaNex / Nex
Positions Interested In: Lyricist/for sure, Mixer/only if needed
How To Contact You: Skype is Preferable; NovaSeiyuu , but here's my email, just in case; NovaGirl2285@gmail.com
Previous Works: Most samples are old or Wip, since I prefer to have a full bgm to fit them to. I can only provide English lyrics. llOTL I'd need a translator or help if I were to write Japanese lyrics//oop
Samples;
Perma-Frost(WiP): http://sta.sh/0bkayf7axg6
Two Impulsed Writings(both WiP); http://sta.sh/019k7mles7ck + http://sta.sh/01o4wkwl3yhd
Heart's Lament//it says WiP, but its done; http://sta.sh/0fkmu41su2j
Heart Lament's Sister Song, or ReWrite, Gravity(WiP); http://sta.sh/0blw0ooobil
These lyrics happened as a joke, so they're not my best, but they're done//and have no certain title; http://sta.sh/01bbavfiydr4 A sample of this will be provided in Pm, since it's got a melody and bgm.
----
Examples of my mixing/and pretty much all covers, mostly WiP, I've done, can be found here;
https://app.box.com/s/5yh2iuoojxi73nc5mmg9

Previous Collabs: I have some lyric sets I've written for a music circle that didn't really take off--. I'll pm them to you, along with vocal/melody test samples of 2/3 of them.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Consider me on the fence about applying to this album... I'd like to join (and can supply tuning, mixing, and music, including live piano and guitar) but first I'd want to see what direction this projects heads in first before I say I have time to invest in it. Hope it turns out, though! :creepy:

Lystrialle

Administrator
Administrator
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Interested in participating provided I'm not in the middle of Hell Quarter.

Your Name: Lystrialle
Positions Interested In: I do everything, but preferably composition
How To Contact You: skype (asterselene)
Previous Works: YouTube
Previous Collabs: that one UTAU album that one time

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Your Name: Adlez27 (Nickname: Lofe) (Producer name: DystoP)
Positions Interested In: Composer, Mixer if necessary, Tuner if necessary
How To Contact You: Via UTAforum PM or Skype (adlez27)
Previous Works: YouTube
Previous Collabs: NoxLimit and Stratosphere (Kikyuune compilation)

If this doesn't fall apart like other attempts at big projects here on the forums, then it'd be so cool to contribute!

warm rootbeer

The Helpful Insomniac
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Your Name: Shirahime

Positions Interested In: FILL OR FEED. Composer, Musician, Mixer, Tuner, Artist/Designer, Lyricist, Animator, UST Maker. Preferred positions are bolded.

How To Contact You: Skype (neochant)

Previous Works: Dunno if I should just post my profile or actual examples but here I go: No Thank You, I've gotten a lot better at UST making since this I just haven't posted any of it, Art/Animations. I haven't released anything with my composition and lyric works yet, but they are near completed if you'd like to see them for reference.

Previous Collabs: NoxLimit

Last edited:

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
Your Name:
adriann
Positions Interested In: Artist, Tuner if needed, Lyricist, if needed (But I doubt that! Unless Spanish is desired. 'u' )
How To Contact You: UTAforum PM, message on tumblr, I'd give you my skype privately if it's necessary!
Previous Works:
Art stuff- The kind of painting I've been doing recently! Sorry they're all of the same character lmfao I assure you I can draw other people
UTAU things- Here's my SC stuff and Here's my other SC!
Previous Collabs: Not sure if it counts as a collab, but I won Avalia's album art contest and my art is the cover for this album!

irei1as

Teto's Territory
I'll be very happy to check the results from the sidelines.

Now, I was thinking on not replying in this post because, even if I think these projects are awesome ideas, I would just be an observer as I lack the skill to actively help.
But I feel it's important for you to know there are people around that admire your efforts.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'll be very happy to check the results from the sidelines.

Now, I was thinking on not replying in this post because, even if I think these projects are awesome ideas, I would just be an observer as I lack the skill to actively help.

There is actually a planned position for people like you. If I had more applicants than I had full teams to form I had planned to attach some of the extra more enthusiastic members as "Junior Producers". While not directly involved with a track's production these planned these 'Junior Producers' would be attached to a team, observe, gain, act as a foil that the other team members can ask for an additional opinion or input from, and I hope learn and gain experience in track production/collaboration.

If you are not confident in your current skills but have good ears, strong opinions, and are willing to learn then the above position might be right for you. In a collab like this if started I would ask some of our veteran members like @Lystrialle a choice, they can choose to either produce a track individually, working directly with me as an "Executive Producer", or choose to head a collaboration team and mentor some minions to give them experience creating original works.

When I did more role listings I deliberately separated the "Producer" title into several smaller roles. While one person could do all of these by splitting them up we can have our less experienced members work with our more experienced members and hopefully through collaboration we could all grow as producers. If I wanted to just make an album I know enough Vocaloid/UTAU producers that I could have filled an album no problem. It is my hope, with a collab like this not only could we raise some money for UtaForum, but we could help everyone gain valuable experience working with others.

Reactions: adriann and oteto