Favorite voicebank?

nirereru

Teto's Territory
Who is your favorite Vocaloid or UTAU voicebank? What makes your favorite your favorite? When did you first hear them or learn about them?

My favorite Vocaloid is WIL because his voice is very calm and whispery. I really fell for him when I first heard him, haha. I learned about the ZOLA PROJECT through a news thread on VocaloidOtaku. I first heard him in the ZOLA demo song "Pieces of a Dream".

My favorite UTAU is Ruko Yokune because she/he has a bank of each gender. My first song with him was Popipo.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
With Vocaloid I have a top four that I have a hard time picking between - Gakupo, Iroha, Kaito, and Meiko (though not including Kaito V3, seriously, that isn't Kaito when even the producers say it sounds more like Kaito's brother).

Gakupo was the first ever Vocaloid I heard when a friend showed me Dancing Samurai and even to this day he's an awesome and unique Vocaloid. The other three have powerful and mature voices that really appeal to me, while still being able to hit high notes and dang can people manipulate their voices well. Other Vocaloids sound good but these guys are my definite favorites.

UTAU is harder. Very hard. I have 400 voices in a folder man. Tree is the best troll, though Sekushi Beikon is still a charm. The ever-popular Vipperloids are always nice to listen to, though it makes me upset when people use them only and forever. I have forever love for Kei-styled voices like Tsukishiro Hakupo, Hibiki Shinji, Hagane Hey, Waon Ikuto, Shouha, and even just powerful guys like Mine Laru, Mito, TATRI, Cinnamon Ani Usa, ahhh too many to list. The females even more, so many that I'd have to find the last names of that it almost isn't worth typing.

UTAU is about voices for me, and since there are sooooo many I like a lot with no definitive favorites. It depends on the song and the usage. so many good utaus ahhh

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
For Vocaloid, I never decided on a favorite until I heard IA. Ever since I listened to Imagination Forest, I decided, "This Vocaloid is now my favorite". (weird. I know.)

Other than IA, I really like listening to Miku, Rin, Iroha, and SeeU. Kaito, Meiko, Gakupo, and Luka goes for the third level. I'm planning on getting Meiko V3 since it has 5 well-rounded voicebanks (usage-wise).

For UTAU, it's Miko Ooka (like it wasn't obvious enough). When I first heard her (which was a cover along with Ritsu of Trick and Treat), it didn't really leave a good impression on me (it was CV so...) but when I listened to Sakura Song, I fell in love with her voice.

Before Miko was my favorite, Tei was (but I still love her!. also one of my mostly used UTAUs). I also like the other VIPPERs as well.

Then there's Organito, the music box necromancy. I'm thinking of getting that violinloid too.

Then there's troll UTAUs: Tree and Otakune Weeaboo like make the the pairing. Liek seriously.

To be general, I like listening to females more but males are good too.

RainbowNyan

Teto's Territory
For vocaloid Galaco, her voice just reaches me ;u;<3.

And utau hmm

Kazumi pressure point for sure and Rami avans, SPIKE, Sora dentatsu and Yume shinya are my favorite for sure ;A; <3 I just heard them and I fell in love ouo

Ruko4Ever

Momo's Minion
I haven't really picked a favorite Vocaloid. I love them all. But if I have to choose, I really like Miku, Rin, and Luka. Miku was the first one I heard, plus she has an amazing voice. I was on YouTube one day and randomly found some Vocaloid videos. I watched two of them and said "HAHAHA WHO WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE THIS BS?!" Look at me now XD. The first song I heard by her was "World is Mine".

Luka's voice is absolutely amazing. The first song I heard that featured her was "Magnet".

As for Rin... I dunno, I just really like Rin (I'm weird, okay?). The first song by Rin I heard was "Meltdown".

My favorite UTAU... Well, it's really obvious. I really like Ruko, because of he/she is very different (SPESHUL RUKO). The first song I heard by Ruko was a cover of "Love is War".

I also really like Rou Kemonone. Great voice, great character design. I'm not exactly sure how I found him. The first song I heard by Rou was "Rou's Pain".

And, of course, Kasane Teto (how did I forget this one?!).

XJM

Teto's Territory
VOCALOID: I don't particularly have a favorite... There's room for everyone on my roster lolol

for UTAU.... I hold Kasane Teto as my top favorite for two reasons: I love hearing her voice, and she's also the reason I got into UTAU.

Ono

Teto's Territory
So, yeah. Electrolysis is my new favorite now. His voice + dubstep revived my interest in utauing again.

Mrs.Peach

Married Sugar Mama
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Hmm, I will always heart Miku. ALWAYS.. WAIFU ...

As for UTAU... my ultimate favourite is a three way tie between, Daatura, Vikotoro Chaos and Delta Alto... I have a bunch of other faves you will see in my upcoming chorus... =)

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
hmmm..... vocalo.... Rin and Len.... they sound cute! as far as utau..... welll....... Gotta say Teto whisper. Then Teto normal. Then Teto rikimi. OOOOh!!! And I just got Miko lite! sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! :creepygrin:

Enriku

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I love all utau and vocaloid except one, who is omg it's a Lapis-chu.. hate her soft life.. effing cute voicebank.. your not miku K?

But I love Prima, she's sexy, beautiful and her voice is amazing.. ain't nobody gunna bully her or else.. :shades: defoko will assassinate you!
But my favourite is probably the utau I make in like 2 years time rofl

Reactions: samth1815