Finding translators for songs?

Wasn't entirely sure where to leave this.

Less finding someone to translate a pre-existing song, and more where to find someone to work with you to write a song in another language. I'm just not entirely sure how to go about it! I wanted to try working with Kumi Hitsuboku's Russian voicebank, but I don't speak any Russian beyond a few words. So I was hoping to find someone to work with who does to write the song. Is this the kind of thing you just put out a post about? Where the hell do you post about it anyway?

viiridiian

Momo's Minion
mm, maybe the writing/translation category or utaswap would be a bit of a better fit for this, but um, i speak russian so i can help you i think? anyways if you want me to help with the translations just ask,, otherwise there's the, again, writing/translation category, utaswap and also good old google translate which does a surprisingly good job at translating russian, into russian and whatever else you might need, though obviously getting a native speaker (wink wink) to help would be much better. ehhh some more tips in case you go with google translate: some russian sounds don't really exist in english so it's gonna be hard to know how a word will sound like without listening to a native speaker say it first, the play function in gt doesn't help much with that as it sets wrong emphases and stuff like that which can, from what i know, trip you up greatly if you intend for the song to be found by russian-speaking people. either way, if you finish the song, tell me please! i'd love to hear the result :creepy:

Baphobloody Goat Dream

Momo's Minion
mm, maybe the writing/translation category or utaswap would be a bit of a better fit for this, but um, i speak russian so i can help you i think? anyways if you want me to help with the translations just ask,, otherwise there's the, again, writing/translation category, utaswap and also good old google translate which does a surprisingly good job at translating russian, into russian and whatever else you might need, though obviously getting a native speaker (wink wink) to help would be much better. ehhh some more tips in case you go with google translate: some russian sounds don't really exist in english so it's gonna be hard to know how a word will sound like without listening to a native speaker say it first, the play function in gt doesn't help much with that as it sets wrong emphases and stuff like that which can, from what i know, trip you up greatly if you intend for the song to be found by russian-speaking people. either way, if you finish the song, tell me please! i'd love to hear the result :creepy:
Ah! I didn't realize the translation portion could apply there, I for some reason just assumed it was only for things like translating pre-existing songs. I'm working on a handful of songs at once, but once I finish the base instrumental, I may contact you! Thank you very much for offering and answering my question. :uhuhu:

Reactions: viiridiian