Free file sharing website?

novagirl

Teto's Territory
Dose anyone have any suggestions on a good free file sharing website.  I've been using 4share but I'm going crazy with it cause it now won't like me delete anything or add a folder. -_-

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I use Box to store my files. I find it much more organized & clean-cut than the other file sharing sites.

Is it possible that on 4shared you reached your space limit?

novagirl

Teto's Territory
stormylullaby link said:
I use Box to store my files. I find it much more organized & clean-cut than the other file sharing sites.

Is it possible that on 4shared you reached your space limit?
No....it's said 0.9% of 15.00gb used

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you're looking for a place just to upload an UTAU or a UST, Axfc is pretty good and doesn't mess up like 4shared/Mediafire sometimes do. I know what you mean by the 4shard thing - it no longer really allows me to upload either. Anyways, for Axfc I made a tutorial on how to use it recently:
http://www.utaforum.net/index.php?topic=129.0

Though it's not good for longterm and random little files, really.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Gonna copypasta my post from the old forum:

If you are looking for a place to host *legal* downloads, back up local data onto the cloud, and don't want to reply on these iffy "file locker" sites I highly recommend Dropbox.

It runs locally, will automatically back up your files to the cloud, you can retrieve previous revisions, can sync files across multiple computers (desktop & laptop) as well as access everything from mobile devices.

Beyond this you can share stuff in your "Public" folder as downloads. Best of all the basic account is FREE and can store up to 2GB of data. Beyond the 2GB you can further increase your cap by 250mb for every person your refer to a maximum of 8GB.

I highly recommend Dropbox not only for cloud storage and syncing but also for collaboration. I have used it for school projects and internet projects and its a way to share folders with people in a collaboration group automatically.

So yea, its a really useful service, I recommend it, and if you use this link not only will it give me an additional 250mb but you get extra space to start with aswell. I am at 5.8 GB myself and I don't think anyone I referred has disliked the service.

Unlike most 'file locker' sites Dropbox is classified as a 'service' and does a lot more than just host downloads, they have really good lawyers, are completely legit, and I would eat I'llSeeU-P's fedora if something like the Megaupload takedown affects them.

In fact in an article by TechCrunch when they were listing sites that are probably immune to the MPAA & RIAA Dropbox was name specifically as a service that had many legal uses, had great lawyers, and would be exceedingly hard to take down.

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Did you try Bowl Roll? It's a site made by bytatsu9999 on YT (I don't know his/her P name).
Unlike his/her previous uploader, it allows you to host UTAU, Vocaloid and Touhou related stuff besides MMD. I didn't uploaded anything on it, though.