Having a LOT of trouble with english CV VC

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm trying to convert the UST for Innocence to english CV VC, but I just... I can't figure it out. >_< It sounds all choppy and weird, and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, or what.

starsfrom.png

It's supposed to be "in the stars from" here, but it comes out sounding like this:
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/taffymobile/hmm[/soundcloud]

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Also, who's easiest to work with, CZloid or Natalie Summer?

Kingis

Momo's Minion
Try to blend it more.
As in -> bE Etw twE En

Another thing may be you working in an octave that is too high for the voice. Try taking all of those notes and pitching them a whole octave lower. Alternatively, you can try and add some flags, like Gender factor (or what is it called in UTAU) to achieve somewhat deeper voice. Not sure how those work and I recommend asking someone who works with UTAU and knows it.

I am not really good at UTAU myself, but maybe this will help!

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Kingis link said:
Try to blend it more.
As in -> bE Etw twE En

Another thing may be you working in an octave that is too high for the voice. Try taking all of those notes and pitching them a whole octave lower. Alternatively, you can try and add some flags, like Gender factor (or what is it called in UTAU) to achieve somewhat deeper voice. Not sure how those work and I recommend asking someone who works with UTAU and knows it.

I am not really good at UTAU myself, but maybe this will help!

Thanks for the advice. I've been watching some tutorials and looking at USTs in videos to see how it works, I just have to practice a bit. :3

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Some of your VCs are too short, which is why she's not pronouncing some of the words.  Try making "in", "En", and "arz" longer.  If they're too short, you won't just lose the VC sound itself, but you may also lose the consonant on the next word due to it being squished into the length of the VC by STP.  That... kind of sounded like gibberish, sorry. xD;

If you can't make them longer without hurting it, use consonant velocity--bumping it up to about 150 usually makes the sound short enough.  You can also try adding consonant velocity to "fru" and some of the other consonant blends--it might just be that the notes are going by really fast and Cz's pronunciation is too long.  :3

As far as who's easier to work with, Czloid's sounds are smoother and more natural, but may require consonant velocity to work.  Natalie's sounds are going to require more enveloping and tricky work to blend CCs and such together, which I think makes her harder to use.  Also Nat is missing the two new vowels in the list, along with nasal vowels and a few consonant blends (nd being most noticeable).  So, of the two, I'd recommend Czloid because she's not quite as experimental as Nat.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Cdra link said:
Some of your VCs are too short, which is why she's not pronouncing some of the words.  Try making \"in\", \"En\", and \"arz\" longer.  If they're too short, you won't just lose the VC sound itself, but you may also lose the consonant on the next word due to it being squished into the length of the VC by STP.  That... kind of sounded like gibberish, sorry. xD;

If you can't make them longer without hurting it, use consonant velocity--bumping it up to about 150 usually makes the sound short enough.  You can also try adding consonant velocity to \"fru\" and some of the other consonant blends--it might just be that the notes are going by really fast and Cz's pronunciation is too long.  :3

As far as who's easier to work with, Czloid's sounds are smoother and more natural, but may require consonant velocity to work.  Natalie's sounds are going to require more enveloping and tricky work to blend CCs and such together, which I think makes her harder to use.  Also Nat is missing the two new vowels in the list, along with nasal vowels and a few consonant blends (nd being most noticeable).  So, of the two, I'd recommend Czloid because she's not quite as experimental as Nat.

Consonant velocity? Okay, thanks, I'll try adding that. :3 I downloaded your UTAU, Halt, and made a cover with her. She's much easier to use than both of the other UTAUs I've tried, and I actually got her to sound somewhat coherent (though I still need to work on practicing ^___^;:wink:. Also, what's the "English CV VC apprentice" thing in your signature?

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
[quote author=Cdra link=topic=1785.msg14152#msg14152 date=1336855332]
Some of your VCs are too short, which is why she's not pronouncing some of the words.  Try making \"in\", \"En\", and \"arz\" longer.  If they're too short, you won't just lose the VC sound itself, but you may also lose the consonant on the next word due to it being squished into the length of the VC by STP.  That... kind of sounded like gibberish, sorry. xD;

If you can't make them longer without hurting it, use consonant velocity--bumping it up to about 150 usually makes the sound short enough.  You can also try adding consonant velocity to \"fru\" and some of the other consonant blends--it might just be that the notes are going by really fast and Cz's pronunciation is too long.  :3

Consonant velocity? Okay, thanks, I'll try adding that. :3 I downloaded your UTAU, Halt, and made a cover with her. She's much easier to use than both of the other UTAUs I've tried, and I actually got her to sound somewhat coherent (though I still need to work on practicing ^___^;:wink:. Also, what's the "English CV VC apprentice" thing in your signature?
[/quote]

Yep, consonant velocity is godly with English banks. ewe  Darn consonant blends get really long, so it helps a lot.

owo you made a cover with her?  *goes and finds excitedly* I think the difference is because Cz and I record and oto a little differently, but I've never had trouble with Czloid myself.  It also depends on your accent which one sounds more natural to you xD;

Oh, that, I guess that's the running gag. xD Cz adopted me, so that's my title?  Actually I think I'm her public relations secretary or something now, I don't remember.  I'm the one who gave her the kick in the pants to get the reclists and her voicebanks out there.  xD;

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Cdra link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=1785.msg14159#msg14159 date=1336858746]
[quote author=Cdra link=topic=1785.msg14152#msg14152 date=1336855332]

[/quote]

Yep, consonant velocity is godly with English banks. ewe  Darn consonant blends get really long, so it helps a lot.

owo you made a cover with her?  *goes and finds excitedly* I think the difference is because Cz and I record and oto a little differently, but I've never had trouble with Czloid myself.  It also depends on your accent which one sounds more natural to you xD;

Oh, that, I guess that's the running gag. xD Cz adopted me, so that's my title?  Actually I think I'm her public relations secretary or something now, I don't remember.  I'm the one who gave her the kick in the pants to get the reclists and her voicebanks out there.  xD;
[/quote]

Yeah, I put it in the song covers sub forum: http://utaforum.net/index.php?topic=1840.msg14171#msg14171 (Edit: oops, didn't realize you already found it)

Oh, lol. I saw it in your signature and wondered what it meant. :3