Having trouble loading usts

Andrusha

Momo's Minion
Good evening! I am a newbie to utau and I've recently been trying to make my first cover, however I am having serious trouble loading usts. When I try doing so either two things happen:

I load an UST and this window pops up:Screenshot_20210603-144925~2.png
I do not understand japanese, but my instinct is obviously to click "ok". Once I do so I am taken here:

Screenshot_20210603-145021.png
Clicking the "ok" button on that small window will simply cause it to pop up again, same thing happens if you press the X button. The only way to exit this page is by closing the UTAU window through the PC bar.

Another possible, yet less common, outcome is that, as it normally should be, I am taken to the project property page. I plan on using Aiko for this cover and I have downloaded both her japanese and english voicebanks. If I pick her Japanese voicebank (which is the one I believe I should be using due to the song I'm covering being in japanese) this pops up:

Screenshot_20210603-144855.png

Once I dismiss that window, the project has loaded completely empty. Same thing if I pick her English voicebank, however the message above does not show up.

What I thought was going on was that the UST and voicebank types simply weren't compatible. To test it out, I loaded a CV ust using Defoko, which led me to outcome one more often, if it didn't however, it would just load completely empty as well.

I have tried:

- Uninstalling UTAU and installing it again.

- Uninstalling the usts and installing them again/ trying different ones.

-Moving UTAU from the "Program Files (x86)" folder to another one.

- Opening the usts directly from the import window

- Restarting my pc

-Giving usts their own dedicated UTAU folder

-Manually dragging the usts to UTAU

Nothing has worked. I have my system local set to japanese so it's not that either.

Maybe it's something really simple I'm missing. All help is appreciated!

jokester127

Momo's Minion
Try this!
  1. Click Start then Control Panel
  2. Click Clock, Language and Region
  3. Windows 10, Windows 8: Click Region
    Windows 7: Click Region and Language
    Windows XP: Click Regional and Language Options
    The Region and Language options dialog appears.
  4. Click the Administrative tab
    On Windows XP, click the Advanced tab
    If there is no Advanced tab, then you are not logged in with administrative privileges.
  5. Under the Language for non-Unicode programs section, click Change system locale and select the desired language.
  6. Click OK
  7. Restart the computer to apply the change.
Post automatically merged:

It seems that Mojibake is the problem since text shows up as gibberiish
Don't forget to reinstall UTAU first!

Andrusha

Momo's Minion
Try this!
  1. Click Start then Control Panel
  2. Click Clock, Language and Region
  3. Windows 10, Windows 8: Click Region
    Windows 7: Click Region and Language
    Windows XP: Click Regional and Language Options
    The Region and Language options dialog appears.
  4. Click the Administrative tab
    On Windows XP, click the Advanced tab
    If there is no Advanced tab, then you are not logged in with administrative privileges.
  5. Under the Language for non-Unicode programs section, click Change system locale and select the desired language.
  6. Click OK
  7. Restart the computer to apply the change.
Post automatically merged:

It seems that Mojibake is the problem since text shows up as gibberiish
Don't forget to reinstall UTAU first!
Thank you for the help! I was wondering, do I have to check the box that says "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" as well? I believe I already had the system locale set to japanese beforehand.