having trouble recording my utualoids voice banks and none of the recording software works

cocoluna

Teto's Territory
i really could use some help to rescored my utualoids voicebanks yet the software i use doesn't work and i don't want to ask someone to rescored them for me because what if i don't give them credit ect so i could use some help please and thank you

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What software are you trying to use? Common software used by many a user for recording are the following:
Oremo
- Downloading File /users/23/23290/oremo-english-3.0-b190106.zip - OSDN (windows)
- Downloading File /users/1/1118/oremo-mac-2.0-b110812.zip - OSDN (mac)

or Audacity
- Windows | Audacity ® (audacityteam.org)
- Mac | Audacity ® (audacityteam.org)

What specifically are you having trouble with, assuming you're using either of these programs? What's your set up? Are you using a mic with an interface, USB, or the built-in mic of your computer?

Reactions: Kiyoteru

cocoluna

Teto's Territory
What software are you trying to use? Common software used by many a user for recording are the following:
Oremo
- Downloading File /users/23/23290/oremo-english-3.0-b190106.zip - OSDN (windows)
- Downloading File /users/1/1118/oremo-mac-2.0-b110812.zip - OSDN (mac)

or Audacity
- Windows | Audacity ® (audacityteam.org)
- Mac | Audacity ® (audacityteam.org)

What specifically are you having trouble with, assuming you're using either of these programs? What's your set up? Are you using a mic with an interface, USB, or the built-in mic of your computer?
ive tried those but it didnt work
[doublepost=1613606921][/doublepost]
ive tried those but it didnt work
im using a yeti mic

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For Oremo, you set your input (mic) and output (speaker/earphones) by going to Option and Audio I/O Settings.

upload_2021-2-17_19-28-27.png

The input device should be your mic and the output device should be your speakers, earbuds, etc. Adjust the input gain if you can't hear anything when you playback (Space key). To record, just press the R key on your keyboard. Move on to the next sound on the list by using your arrow keys. Oremo comes with the following if you want to turn them on through the Show menu: Waveform (on by default), Spectrum, Power, F0 (shows your deviation from the target pitch), and a Pitch guide (opens a separate window - adjust the pitch to what's in your range).

For Audacity, you're going to go to Edit and Preferences (or Ctrl + P).

upload_2021-2-17_19-38-46.png

Host isn't relevant if you aren't using an audio interface such as a UR12 for example. Playback is going to be your speaker, earbuds, etc. Recording is going to be your mic (change it to your mic). Ideally, you'll want your Channels to record as Mono. UTAU doesn't like stereo files too much. You're going to export as WAV with the encoding being 'signed 16 bit PCM.' With Oremo, the correct sound format will already be set.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

cocoluna

Teto's Territory
For Oremo, you set your input (mic) and output (speaker/earphones) by going to Option and Audio I/O Settings.

View attachment 9905

The input device should be your mic and the output device should be your speakers, earbuds, etc. Adjust the input gain if you can't hear anything when you playback (Space key). To record, just press the R key on your keyboard. Move on to the next sound on the list by using your arrow keys. Oremo comes with the following if you want to turn them on through the Show menu: Waveform (on by default), Spectrum, Power, F0 (shows your deviation from the target pitch), and a Pitch guide (opens a separate window - adjust the pitch to what's in your range).

For Audacity, you're going to go to Edit and Preferences (or Ctrl + P).

View attachment 9906

Host isn't relevant if you aren't using an audio interface such as a UR12 for example. Playback is going to be your speaker, earbuds, etc. Recording is going to be your mic (change it to your mic). Ideally, you'll want your Channels to record as Mono. UTAU doesn't like stereo files too much. You're going to export as WAV with the encoding being 'signed 16 bit PCM.' With Oremo, the correct sound format will already be set.
its still not working and im using my dads computer

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Can you screencap what your settings are in the program you're using? Is the mic itself being seen by the computer?