Hawk and Nightingales - IC Thread

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Upon arriving at their designated bedroom, Lancelotte relieved herself of her bulky, bladed instrument--which she was relieved to find hadn't parted with her during "shipping" and had been tucked opaquely under the sofa--by setting it in a careful slant against the wall. She eyed the room an the sleeping accommodations pragmatically. I suppose that leaves the second sleeping bag for me... She concluded, watching Crevan snatch up the first one. She ambled over to the remaining bag, "I'll be content with this," Lotte stated, rolling it up tightly and endeavoring to place it in close vicinity with the door, and next to her guitar. She left it rolled against the wall--it was more than likely she would use it as a pillow, not to worried about any nightly chill(in her mind, it was never a good thing to be TOO comfortably asleep, as she wished to retain a partial alertness.) She felt like she could serve as a sort of "watchdog" next to the door as well.

Satisfied with that, Lancelotte ventured over to the vast window--minding to stay near the edge to not impose on Kei--intending to gather a general idea of the region. She discreetly took pleasure in the subsequent forest, being quite fond of such terrain. The coast provided her no such pleasure, for she well knew how poorly electricity and water meshed.

That thought was swift to arose a different daunting worry, and Lancelotte found herself peering though the glass inattentively with a hardened brow. This "master" wasn't, by far, her first, and many times her masters were unaware of her "malfunction" until they felt it's sting themselves. Other times she'd been immediately disowned for accidently damaging expensive equipment via an involuntary electrical surge.

It greatly perturbed her that she couldn't scrape up the will-power to admit this to any of her masters beforehand, but the fear of being scrapped was too encompassing. It was truly contradictory to her standards of conduct, but she couldn't bring herself to become "unwanted and un-needed" by her own power.

In this new situation, in which multiple UTAUs were involved, she felt as if the risk was more imminent than usual; Many of them, from what Lancelotte could deduce, ranged from sweet, charismatic, and possibly quite sociable... and even Crevan seemed sociable in the sense that she seemed highly "anti-social," and that in itself could hold it's own charm. I know my mannerisms aren't very popular in this day an age... but I hope, nonetheless, that I'll be able to stay here and sing... I don't know when or if I'll get another change otherwise... Lotte strived to quickly swallow her worry, so it wouldn't serve as a further encumbrance to her chances.

((Sorry if it's a bit messy... I'm in a rush D'x))

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
((Hmm, so Lancelotte's memories haven't been erased? Interesting...))

Mayo had to agree with everyone else that the view from the room was very nice. She stared at it for a while, pretending not to care where she slept. Honestly, I'd prefer the futon, but I can deal with the floor I suppose...it is a futon, right? After considering it for a bit, she walked over to the couch and removed one of the cushions. As everyone had guessed, there was a fold-out mattress hiding underneath. It didn't look very cushy, but as long as she couldn't feel the metal support bar, it would be okay. And since the only two sleeping bags had been taken...

"It'll fit two people. Any other takers?" Mayo asked. She turned around and noticed the boy in the room, and quickly added, "Err...girls, I mean."

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
"I...if you don't mind, I'll share with you," Sakura offered, timidly stepping up behind Mayo. Honestly, she much preferred having someone close to her while she slept. The dark was no friend to Sakura, often causing her to imagine all kinds of unnerving sounds and images. This childish personality trait embarrassed her to extreme lengths, and she hoped no one would think she was choosing the shared futon because she was a baby.

Shaking the thoughts from her mind, Sakura took the opportunity to take in the  view of the forest. Honestly...she would have preferred the bustle of a sparkling city. Places where the streets were always busy excited Sakura--made her feel alive. She loved to just watch strangers walk, imagining their destinations and the secret lives beyond.

"Well..." she murmured, hardly realizing her mouth was moving, "I suppose I can't watch anyone here." A few moments of silence passed before Sakura comprehended the oddity of her spoken thought. "I-I...no, I mean that there aren't many people out this far. N-not that you guys aren't people, but I mean OTHER people and...I'm just going to shut up now...

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
From the corner, Crevan snickered. "I understand what you mean," she said as she rolled out her bag. "People are so amusing to watch. When they don't know you're watching them, they do the funniest little things, and when they do know, it's so... filling to watch them squirm under your gaze like ants under a magnifying glass." she laughed, unzipping the bag and examining the interior.

For a few moments after, as she ran her hand over the soft fabric, she could have sworn they were staring, but stray glances at the group only denied her suspicions. A few cast quick looks at her, but nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps it was all in her head.

But if there was one thing that wanted to send her into an unspeakable rampage, it was staring. Staring for long, long periods of time. For her, eyes laying on her was like a cruel, silent judgement, mocking her all the while. The weight of them on her shoulders felt like hot coals, searing the flesh with needles of pain. In return, all she wanted to do was break the person who was causing her such fiery frustration. Not hurt. Not murder. Not blackmail. Break.

She... she wasn't quite sure why. Crevan couldn't rationalize any reason as to why she hated people looking at her so much. Perhaps something had happened a long while ago? Some incident that... involved... staring? No, that was a stupid idea. It wasn't like she was one of those "Tragic Back-Story-Emo-Super Girls" that had been kidnapped and sent to, oh, an underground research facility in Arizona where they preformed completely useless experiments, right? No, more likely it was simply because she hated people, ergo, she hated their gaze as well.

'Or it could be envy.'

She tried to push the thought from her head. Her? Envious!? Ha!

But still, she flicked her gaze to Sakura, studying her brilliant blue eyes. Bright in color, rich, and deep. She could see emotion in them, yes, far more emotion than she herself could express with words.

Perhaps it was envy.

"So," she started, breaking the awkward silence that seemed to loom over the room and descend every time someone wasn't talking. "Tell me: what are you guys interested in? What do you like? Dislike...? Fear?" she coughed.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Kei grinned a bit, sitting up, looking over at Sakura. "If you want to watch someone, feel free to watch -me- allll day." He said, a bit playfully with an amused look on his face. When Crevan spoke up he looked over at her, seeming a bit coy. "Well, so you can do something besides growl at people?" He said it just loud enough so that she might hear.

He ignored her question, having other things on mind. He then stood up, walking over to Sakura and Mayo, wearing a charming smile as he looked at Mayo.

"And I don't believe I caught your name, cutie," he said to her, being rather drawn to her soft-looking brown hair.

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Cutie...? May thought. Well, that's new.

"I'm Mayo Sotone. Nice to meet you." She replied. "What's your name, Mr. Flirt?" Somehow, she felt she had said something wrong, but couldn't for the life of her figure out what it was. Hopefully, he wouldn't be angry with her. She gave her best smile, and added, "I didn't mean that, ehehe..." Mayo laughed nervously.

Even though she couldn't remember anything before waking up today, Mayo had an odd feeling that she had never been very good at taking compliments in the past...whatever that past was. I need to get better at that, she thought.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Shouldered against the sliver of wall that neighboured the window, Lancelotte eyed the newly-fabricating advancement that Kei was making towards the girls. Her eyes narrowed precautiously on him, praying he wouldn't try his hand at violating them so she wouldn't have to intervene. It wasn't the nicest thing to suspect of someone, but Lotte didn't know these people... so it was hard to write anything off as a possible occurence. As for the girls, they seemed a bit on the docile side, so she definately couldn't stand by if Kei's prodding went too far with them. A lot of things on the casual-social level could go over Lotte's head, but she'd seen things like this too often...

Still retaining her wary supervision of that lot, Lancelotte addressed Crevan's question with an askance view of the girl, "I'd have to say I'm kinda interested in how this Benjamin person is going to handle so many UTAUs at once..." Lancelotte felt this was probably not the intended direction of the question, but it was true... seven UTAUs could prove to be quite the handful for such a mild-seeming guy... Lotte hoped he was truly more administrative than he appeared, or perhaps had something of a different nature up his sleeve...

It's also possible he'll realize he can't handle us and ship us away... Lotte almost shuddered at the dreaded thought.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Kei laughed a bit at her response, waving his hand a bit dismissively. "No, no offense taken. Mayo, huh?" he was a bit amused by her awkwardness, but didn't want to make her uncomfortable so he backed off a bit, but keeping a friendly disposition. He had to resist making a quip about her name, probably something relating to mayonaise if he intentionally mispronounced it...  "It's nice meeting you. I'm Keishi Kumone, but just call me Kei."

Out of the corner of his eye he saw that Lotte was watching him with suspicion. He didn't really mind, but, he also didn't really like that she was standing off to the side. She seemed a bit standoffish, but people often were that way before they got to knew each other. Maybe he just had to warm her up to him a bit. She appeared a bit strange to him, since she was clad in armor and seemed to talk in an archaic way. He imagined he knew how to deal with this.

"And you, my dandelion-headed warrior," Kei said playfully as he kneeled down before Lotte, taking off his hat and holding it to his chest as he grinned up at her. "I don't believe I've made your acquaintance yet, m'lady." He reached to take her hand, kissing the back of it if she would let him.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Sakura's eyes followed Kei's every move, the emotions within ranging from curiosity to nervous fluttering. "Nee...he's really...something," she murmured, directing the thought to Mayo since she was close enough to hear it. "Super flirty, eh?" Her tone was amused, yet edged with the timid fear of a schoolgirl.

A sigh brushed her lips, and Sakura carefully fell back onto the pull-out mattress. Definitely not the picture of comfort, but enough to allow her muscles to relax.

'Actually,' she thought with a frown, 'I'm not even sure I HAVE muscles.' The quandary pulled Sakura into a deep sea of thoughts, silencing her except for the occasional hum of contemplation.

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
"Indeed." Mayo replied, watching Kei try to kiss LanceLotte's hand. She looked around. "It probably doesn't help that he's the only guy besides User...I mean, Benjamin."

I wonder how she'll react? Mayo thought, considering Kei's approach. Nevertheless, she decided to wait to comment on what the armor-wearing girl had said, as interruptions are, well, rude. For some reason, the girl looked a bit uncomfortable.

Instead of watching, she turned her attention to the solid black, eyeless UTAU across the room, who was messing with a lint ball. Mayo wasn't really sure what to think of that, but hey, these were her roommates, and she thought she ought to get used to them.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Lotte's stance shifted to a less secluded one when she noticed Kei, after seeming to have noted her attention to him, approaching her.

Dandelion-headed warrior? Upon considering this queer title, it came to Lotte's attention that she hadn't yet related her name to the lot of them... this was the least of her anxieties, though, especially when Kei had lowered himself to kiss her hand; it was an action which aroused a complexity of apprehensions. It was quite a different ordeal than when he was engaged with the other two, for then Lotte's greatest worry was whether or not they could protect themselves from advances. Lotte didn't doubt for a second her ability to defend herself, and it was simply not in her nature to worry about her own safety too much.

Now, the thing that bothered her the most was the apparently "humble" nature of his gesture: the way he had lowered himself, removed his hat, and even moved to kiss her hand--the whole assemblage. It was hardly appropriate, she thought, that he should have to stoop in her presence even the slightest... who was she to require such "subordinate" behavior? True, it would be appropriate to treat a "lady" in such as manner, but Lancelotte hardly saw herself as a "lady," oddly enough... she always found that if such a self-image of herself was even possible, it would really just be a misplaced and almost concieted pedestal that would actually expect men to offer her a little more respect than the norm. But, she didn't, so now Lotte found herself a bit embarressed for Kei... and even slightly guilt-ridden for somehow, unknowingly having provoked his actions.

After a moment of unsureness of how to "compensate" and "restore the balance" with his pampering, Lotte knelt to the ground as well, descending to his level, and meeting his gaze almost apologetically as she was a little late to fear her action might prove a bit humiliating to him "My name is Lancelotte..." She said, "I'm sorry if my staring disturbed you, but I was a bit concerned for the ladies..." She finished her statement with a bit of disgression.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Kei blinked, a bit confused as Lotte lowered herself. She appeared apologetic, and he wasn't sure why. So he suddenly laughed, putting his hat back on and taking a seat on the ground from his kneeling position. "Well, nice meeting you then. I'm sure you've over heard my name's Kei. Now, you don't have to do that." Her response was unexpected, and he thought it was amusing, though a tiny bit concerned that he might have offended her somehow. Maybe she was offended at what a bad actor he was. He laughed out loud again at the thought, and he stood back up.

He turned to the others. "Well hey, I think we've gotten to know this room well enough. So, who wants to go look around outside? Looks like there's plenty of things to explore and look at." He smiled as he glanced at one person to the other. He was wondering at what kind of risk he'd be at for boredom here... the house was nice enough but he hated feeling idle.

"So, does anyone here eat?" He felt awkward for once, asking the question. It wasn't any secret, them being androids, but it was a fact he would brush off when he could. He didn't like being reminded of it.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
"Eat...?" Sakura frowned, sitting up and swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. Come to think of it, she couldn't remember at all. The sensations of taste were lost to her, and the girl couldn't recall if she had ever eaten before in her 'life'. Absently, her hand fluttered to her stomach. She knew she would never feel hunger, but...well, why not?

"I guess I could...go for a snack," she shrugged. "But our user might not have enough food for all of us." Judging by the already cramped sleeping quarters, Sakura doubted the food would be well-stocked, either.

MioDioDaVinci

Teto's Territory
Crevan directed her attention away from the now worn ball of fuzz, craning her neck to get a look at the group. "Of course we eat, idiot. Well, at least I do~" she teased, smiling that slasher grin of hers with a ravenous edge. The air in the room went tense for a moment as they almost believed her, especially considering those jaws. But the tension was relived as she laughed, dismissing it as a joke.

"Nah," she said with her thick accent, "I don't think any of us really needs to eat. Besides, like Sakura said before, I doubt the man has enough food to even feed himself. In fact, I'm surprised he could even afford us. Actually, I'll bet you ten-to-one he's going to have us help him to pay off a debt before you can even say 'Well, this sucks.'" Crevan added, jabbing a finger towards them to punctuate her sentence. She always seemed to have a bitter and cynical view of everything...

"But hey, we might as well enjoy the time we have. I'm up for the nature hike." She raised her hand with a less malicious smirk and more of an actual happy smile.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
When the concept of food was brought up, Lancelotte found herself oddly without explanation of the fact that she, in all her recalled existence, had never given much thought to it... she couldn't really remember eating anything, ever. Upon gathering the variety of responses of the various other UTAU, Lotte figured perhaps it was in her programming... that she pay no heed to certain human necessities and lack thereof. Whatever the case, it was an idle matter that hardly held Lotte's interest for very long.

From her new sitting spot beneath the window pane, Lotte listened to Crevan relate--in her own idiosyncratic, bitter way--her predictions.

"That would be rather problematic..." Lotte unthinkingly chimed in, "but by the look of this room and the unpreparedness of this arrangement in it's entirety, I'd almost say it's equally likely that he pirated us, and that this place is one of the many fugitive hiding places he'll have us hovel in before the law finally catches up to us..." Her voice lowered gradually as it reached the end of the thought, having felt a little treasonous for even imagining such a thing, but she couldn't help but enjoy that little action-packed scenario that danced about in her mind. Of course, her ever-stoic features hardly offered much insight to that enjoyment.

Upon the mentioning of a hike, Lotte found herself on her feet a little too eagerly; nothing cured idleness like a good encounter with nature, even if it wasn't the most exciting of entertainments--but with this unfamiliar crowd, who knew what could rouse out of a simple walk in the wilderness.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
"Ah... well, forget the food then," Kei said, trying to dismiss the thought, as well as the disturbing mental image of Crevan gnawing on one of their limbs, by waving his hand. He didn't doubt she would do it too... and the word "idiot" resounded in his head, but he tried to brush that off well, to not make it noticeable that he was annoyed.

He listened also to the theories they others had on how their user might have acquired them. He thought for a moment on his own... it was a little sadder than the others, but he didn't want to say anything in fear it might worsen the mood. He tried to not let the thought show on his face, and he clapped his hands together cheerfully. Maybe a little overly-cheerfully.

"Well, sounds like everyone's game for a walk then, eh?" originally he brought out food at the thought of a picnic, something that might've been fun to do while outside, but there wouldn't be much of a point if no one felt like eating. "Come on then, let's go while there's still daylight."

Kei headed out the door, having to look around a bit for the front door, still unfamiliar with the house. He opened it, stepping outside, taking a deep breath of the fresh outside air. He looked behind him, waiting for the others.

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
L'Aquila looked around at the group of people warily, if not shyly. Leaning against the wall quietly, she eavesdropped on their conversations and found where she was to sleep, at least for the night. When the talk came to 'eating', L'Aquila's frowned deepened and she found herself thinking about other things that humans needed to do. Keep clean, keep active, eat healthy, ect. Granted, they would all have to do some of the same things, but in a different way.

L'Aquila sighed to herself, and while brushing her messy hair back, she noticed that one of the others had walked out. Playing back through the conversation she had been listening on, she also realized that a hike had come up as an idea for an activity. Wanting to get out of the cramped room, but not wanting to be the only one to follow the other person, she stuck to the wall for a second before realizing that others would most likely follow, seeing as two others already seemed excited to got.

Silently, she pushed away from the wall gently and followed out the room and to the front door. L'Aquila then walked outside and waited alongside Kei, who appeared to have paused for the others. Gazing at the nature around her, L'Aquila's mood was brightened as she realized that it was actually a nice day out.

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Can we even eat without shorting or something? Mayo wondered. It occurred to her that there were various other quirks UTAU had when compared to humans. Then Lotte made a comment about being pirated. Well we are androids... she thought in response. But I thought the UTAU platform was free? Being more of a listener, it was normal for her to reply to conversations she wasn't actually part of, or reply without actually replying.

Mayo followed the others out the door while continuing to space out. After thinking about Lotte's comment for a minute, she came to the conclusion that the platform was free, but the hardware onto which an UTAU is installed is not free. But what does it matter if we don't know we're pirated or not? Mayo asked to herself. It was about then she noticed they were all going for a walk outside.

Next to Kei was a brunette UTAU wearing a scarf. Mayo realized she didn't know the girl's name, and contemplated how to go about asking. In the end she decided it would be best to get her attention first. "Hey, uh...you with the brown hair! What's your name? I don't think you've told us yet." Mayo asked. She realized she sounded a little accusatory, but what else could she have done?

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
"Oh...wait up!" Sakura squealed, scrambling after the other UTAU. The bright sun outside was, for a moment, dazzling. The girl let out a small gasp and clamped her eyes shut, only opening them once the barrage of colors behind her closed lids faded. With her sight once again available, Sakura joined the small group that had made it downstairs.

"Hey...shouldn't we check with our user before we wander off?" Though they had no real ties to him, Sakura still felt that Ben would appreciate knowing where his androids were. Crevan's suggestion of their less-than-legal appropriation flickered into her mind, but she shrugged that away. Even if she and the others were under Ben's wing wrongfully, their place was still secured. And what if something should happen to them while they were on their own? Sakura would definitely find reassurance in alerting him first.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Kei admired the daylight, getting a little antsy as he waited for the others, he wasn't exactly the most patient person around. He heard footsteps, and watched L'Aquila step outside. He didn't think he remembered her speaking very much, if at all while they were inside. He saw her mood visibly brighten when she came outside, and he grinned at her. "Well, you were cute before, but you're very pretty when you smile," he said to her playfully.

Mayo came outside, and Sakura soon after, and when she asked about alerting Ben to what they were doing, Kei rolled his eyes a little bit. "I think we're old enough to go outside without asking permission." Maybe they weren't as old as they appeared, but mentally everyone was at least a teenager. And he didn't want to feel like he HAD to report to Ben, user or not. He felt he was more of... what? Their landlord, maybe. Something like that.